• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
If there was a place that would range from the 50s and max out in the low 80s over the seasons while also not be full of shitty people I'd be in my own personal heaven.

I also just bought an air conditioner which I'm not sure how well it'll work in my home and not loving the idea of an appliance I won't get a ton of use out of because of work and only really need for a couple months out the year.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
-poor people can't afford heating
-homeless people have their lives threatened

Winter is liked by people who don't go outside

Give me summer all year long

Folks who are unhoused are threatened by summer too and poor folks can't afford cooling in a lot of places.

I go outside and hate summer because I live in humid ass Texas.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
As a person in his tenth year of living in florida after previously having seasons up in Ohio his whole life: yeah, fuck summer.

Easystride

Oct 27, 2017
I've only been wearing shorts for about a week this spring and I already miss jeans. There's a lot I like about summer but the heat is not one of those things.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Thank you. I despise summer.

Grey, rainy fall weather is my favourite, followed by cold winter.

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
I definitely disagree based on where I live, the winter is fucking miserable here with so much snow and shitty weather. I can agree that spring and fall are better overall though.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I only hate those too-hot summer days. As long as it stays below 30C I'm okay.

Both hyperthermia and hypothermia suck, though it's definitely easier to warm up in the winter than cool off in the summer.

Right now I'm ready for any kind of summer, as it started snowing in October and still sprinkled a bit of it earlier this week. That's enough winter, thanks.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Shoveling snow and having to drive through streets that haven't been plowed yet is worse. Having your fingers and toes go numb is worse.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
It's hot.
You get sweaty just being outside.
There's bugs divebombing you all the time.
WASPS.
If you're fair skinned you burst into flames just trying to do yardwork.
Astronomic electric bills from A/C.
POISON IVY

Spring and especially Fall are superior.

Agree. Spring/Fall is the best weather.
Summer is too hot and humid in most places.

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry if it's been said, but where do you live?

Summer time in the northwest is pretty amazing. It rarely gets too hot and there's rivers and lakes everywhere to hang out at.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Both Winter and Summer are for suckers, live temperate lives with Spring and Fall only

breadtruck

Oct 27, 2017
I love it. Bust out my summer toys, actually do projects on the house. Heat can be a killer sometimes, but I adapt

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Florida is disgustingly awful, plus you have the constant dread of hurricanes hanging over your head. Fuck the Florida summer, can't wait to never have to deal with it again soon.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I wish some of your Americans could experience a summer with no AC like a lot of the rest of the world

Housecat

Oct 25, 2017
I love summer, but I'm a teacher so summer=no work, and that's a big reason why I love summer. But I also like the other seasons. I enjoy the varity and contrasts.

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
yeah i hate it, humidity, allergies, oppressive heat and i found 2 spiders in my bedroom literally last night wtf

MR2

Apr 14, 2022
It's too damn hot in the I.E during the summer, it's already 95* F rn 😰. Our winters on the other hand are too damn mild to even be considered winter, on avg. it's 70* high with 40* lows.

Oct 28, 2017
I woke up this morning to lush greenery, fresh air from opening my windows at night, and beautiful bird songs. I just can't fathom why anyone would prefer any other season than late spring/summer (Michigan)

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
agree, my parents spend the entire summer in west canada or traveling and come back to USA for fall/winter when its warm here. thats really the way to go, rotating locations every 3 or 6 months to avoid the weather you don't like.

Jun 18, 2020
Fall is king, but summer is still better than winter. I miss the daily FL thunderstorms (though that's the only thing I miss from FL.)

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Summers in the south is one of the big reasons why I moved away. I just couldn't take the heat and humidity anymore; especially during the summer. I'll put up with snow over heat 100 times out of 100

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

v9AjqfG.gif

There's Christmas! +1
There's EggNog which they basically stop selling for whatever reason after January. +1
Q4 is the best time for a lot of deals on Shopping for Black Friday. +1
Tons of new great games come out every year around that time! +1
Legendary hit artist Mariah Carey's Timeless Anthem "All I want for Christmas is You" begins a 7 week stretch of constant airplay in Grocers and Malls everywhere. +10000000
Employer paid Bonuses hit in this season.
All Kids, Nieces and Nephews start acting right after being demons the whole damn year in hopes of clawing back into Santa's Good graces by EOY.
XoQRXq9.png

If we could just .. get rid of DST Q4 in general would just be the GOAT.

Seaman

Oct 30, 2017
For a bit there I thought this was going to be about 400 days of Summer, in which case yes Summer sucks there.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Nah dude, the cold fucking sucks, I'll take 90 degree weather over 20 degree weather any day.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
The only good months are April, May, September, and October. We should see if we can send the other months back to the manufacturer.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I used to prefer Winter but I've been hit with seasonal depression HARD these last couple years. I'll take the sweat + sunburns any day, the warm weather is a relief

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
All of this is better than shivering my nuts off and not being able to go outside without 600 layers to just feel 'comfortable'.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Agreed. Summer is miserable for me; hot temperatures, humidity, and the bugs love to come out during the summer. Thanks, but no thanks, I hate all of those things.