• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Love seeing smug people eat crow. I'm not the least bit surprised that this game for leaked. We better expect more at this rate.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's really not that hard to avoid spoilers..

It is when you go to youtube and one of the first videos you see has a blatant spoiler, with a thumbnail of what it's spoiling. It was bad enough with Game of Thrones last year. I didn't watch the new episode until the next day, but half my youtube recommendations were spoilers. Am I not supposed to go to youtube until TLOU2 gets released?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some of you people treat spoilers like it's literal death incarnate.

Millions of people have waited up to 7 years for this game, and for many people this is a sequel to one of their favourite games of all time, a good part of which is to do with characters and story. Given that, of course countless people are going to be extra edgy about being spoiled on TLOU2.

Stantron

Dec 5, 2017
Literally had a random in a CoD Warzone lobby throwing out the spoilers.

Hilarious. Wonderful. Dope.
I've had people do that as well in the past, but it ended up being bullshit some times.
If spoiled, I will assume they're lying and try to think of other hypothetical spoilers so my mind doesn't dwell on just one.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Dilma, it was all your fault

michel_temer.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Unless they are delaying the digital release of the game because it's not finished and this is to give the dev team more time to work on it, it seems not going that route has backfired. I was under the impression it was ready to go and that this was to protect the old way of doing things. I thought it was unfair when it was announced and I still think it's unfair now. We've seen an unprecedented amount of media going digital. If this was just to protect physical store interests, Sony has pie on their face and the fans who get the story ruined for them pay the price of this blunder.
Yeah I'm betting on Avengers and Cyberpunk. There's really no way these two games don't leak in some fashion.
I don't think you can spoil either of those games in the same fashion as TLoU though. Cyberpunk maybe? That's a long game though filled with stories. No way you can ruin all that by spoiling a couple of key plot points. TLoU feels like it's riding hard on it's single arc.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
What does that have to do with people being concerned about spoilers? Just because other serious stuff is happening, doesn't mean videogames aren't important to people...and rightfully so.

TLoU2 being delayed is directly related to Covid-19 which is why I brought it up. It's another worry that really doesn't matter in the scale of things.

If that is someone's concern then they should just tread lightly on the net.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Just had a huge spoiler pop up for me on my Google newsfeed. Are you fucking serious, Google?

seriously folks, this shits gonna be ruined for everyone. This is bad.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a game.

We're dealing with something much more serious here.

That may be true but people going out of their way to spoil it is a dick move. No need to ruin the enjoyment of others in these times either. I don't own a PS4 so I don't plan on playing it, but if a game that I do plan on getting had major plot points spoiled for me then I would be pretty damn disappointed and pissed off.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Millions of people have waited up to 7 years for this game, and for many people this is a sequel to one of their favourite games of all time, a good part of which is to do with characters and story. Given that, of course countless people are going to be extra edgy about being spoiled on TLOU2.

I mean I hear you, but we literally had threads called 'THE LAST OF US 2 LEAK SPOILER THREAD' and people were getting outraged that their were spoilers in it

Hopewell

Jan 17, 2018
Why can't we be concerned about things because there's a pandemic? It's a video games forum, we talk about video games. People acting morally superior because they probably don't even care that much about the game pisses me off.

TLOU2 is probably my most anticipated game of all time. For me getting spoiled is a big deal. Sure in the grand scheme of things is nothing compared to the pandemic, but for me, personnaly, it's a big deal.

Rant aside, if I don't really believe Naughy Dog will release the game digitally on the 29th, I hope there will not be a big delay. Avoiding the spoilers for 1 month will be very hard but it will be close to impossible if the game releases in 6 months.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
I mean I hear you, but we literally had threads called 'THE LAST OF US 2 LEAK SPOILER THREAD' and people were getting outraged that their were spoilers in it

Very dickish to have this thread cause the game does not even has a date anymore but thats my 2 cents. For other side it allows the mods to moderate other threads.

It ends being very unfair anyway, 7 years waiting and thinking about the destiny of these characters to a high chance that gets ruined now

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the spoiler threads, now I know to stay off Youtube for a few days. I hate hate hate stupid thumbnail spoilers and Youtube's algorithm. Oh, you want to watch painting videos but watched a DF video in the past, here have a rando youtuber with massive game spoilers in your recommendations! You listen to Metal? Take a GoT spoiler even though you never once watched or googled something show related (I'm a book reader and I now know stuff that might never be in a finished book 😑).

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
There a lot of gameplay videos which do not contain any story spoilers - where can you find links to those videos? Open spoilers thread has huge and critical spoilers so it's a no go.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
If you guys don't want to be spoiled on Youtube, it's a great idea to clear your search and watch history. And make sure not to watch any gaming related videos until the game releases lol.

I recommend watching baby emperor penguin videos to cleanse your mind and soul and also your Recommended.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I don't get it. The game would still be a month away from now, it would've leaked anyway, right?
So avoiding a leaked story for a month is not much different from avoiding it for 6 months or more imo. I still need to watch Game of Thrones' 2 last seasons and I still don't know anything about it.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
What?

TLoU2 is literally the last thing on my mind right now. Some of us aren't working lol.

But sure, get defensive over vidya games. I'm not concerned about what makes sense to you.

I think the point is that, just because we're in a virus it doesn't mean people can't be concerned about spoilers for a game they're looking forward to. In that sense, your comment just comes across as a little vapid? Not sure how this discussion existing somehow enroaches on the fact there's a global pandemic.

This is a (primarily) videogame enthusiast forum after all.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
If you guys don't want to be spoiled on Youtube, it's a great idea to clear your search and watch history. And make sure not to watch any gaming related videos until the game releases lol.

I recommend watching baby emperor penguin videos to cleanse your mind and soul and also your Recommended.

this google chrome extension is coming in handy for me

chrome.google.com

Unhook - Remove YouTube Recommended & Shorts

Hide YouTube related videos, shorts, comments, suggestions wall, homepage recommendations, trending, and other distractions.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well I called it on the first page too. Not that I'm pleased Or anything about having to avoid spoilers for months now...

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I still don't know much of anything about the endings to a bunch of games, including TLOU. I'm sure TLOU2 will be the same.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I don't get it. The game would still be a month away from now, it would've leaked anyway, right?
So avoiding a leaked story for a month is not much different from avoiding it for 6 months or more imo. I still need to watch Game of Thrones' 2 last seasons and I still don't know anything about it.
Possibly, but if this was a case of an employee going rogue due to ND withholding the bonus and potentially keeping them under contract, then it may not have had the game released as planned.

We are far more privy to leaks now than when people weren't working from home.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any videos that can be watched that don't spoil anything? I'm curious to know what the game looks like but obviously don't want anything spoiled.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just had a huge spoiler pop up for me on my Google newsfeed. Are you fucking serious, Google?

seriously folks, this shits gonna be ruined for everyone. This is bad.

yeah it really is, I'm bordering on just looking at all the spoilers so I can spoil it on my terms and not just have it randomly pop up somewhere/in a CoD lobby and some shit heel just spouts it out

Absolutely not. And the footage is ugly anyway (recorded with phone)

Oh, ok I didn't know if they captured it with a capture card or something and there was some sections wondering around as I saw the gif someone posted and hoped there was a section I could watch just to see the game

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Can you imagine working on something for years...almost half a decade, only to watch it all getting unveiled online?
If people are this miserable at Naughty Dog that they would rather leak their own work then Sony really needs to step in.

Something is clearly very wrong in there.

The spoilers that leaked. Is it a lot of the game? Is it the ending as well and stuff like that?
This really is messy.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you imagine working on something for years...almost half a decade, only to watch it all getting unveiled online?
If people are this miserable at Naughty Dog that they would rather leak their own work then Sony really needs to step in.

Something is clearly very wrong in there.

The spoilers that leaked. Is it a lot of the game? Is it the ending as well and stuff like that?
This really is messy.

From the spoilers I saw Being discussed last night it seems like it was the major plot point of the game