Mar 29, 2018
....see my worry is less blatant spoilers, those are easy enough to avoid, and more off-the-cuff remarks from people who know what happens which will inevitably color my perception of the story. Now that shit sucks.
Yeah. There's already TONS of this in the spoilers thread. People describing their reactions to how it pans out, whether folk will love it or hate it, reasons they think they won't touch the game

Like, fucks sake, it ALL colours one's perception of things. I'm still angry there's nowhere to fully discuss the issue on this board except that damn threat, which is miles away from "safe"

Deleted member 37303

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 2, 2018
So what does Sony do now that almost every major plot point is out there? Do they just go ahead and release it digitally? The game was essentially finished, right? Given some of the spoilers, some things will piss off fans which could cost them some sales down the line.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
After reading the story summary, I hate it and respect it at the same time.
This leak might hurt this game more than i initially expected.

Edited to put a spoiler tag on my reaction after reading the leak, apologies.

Last edited:

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
After reading the story summary, I hate it and respect it at the same time. But this leak might hurt this game more than i initially expected.

I'm just happy that ND isn't playing it safe.
I have no idea what it's about and i haven't read the spoilers...but since we're playing a character that was already born into that world (unlike Joel) i'm sure a lot of it will be controversial.
I'm more hyped than ever.

Sony NEEDS to find a way of doing this right.
How hard would it be to release it digitally first and allow people that pre-ordered it to downoad it for free if they wished for it? (probably a mess since that would mean a lot of back-and-forth with amazing, best buy, all european stores etc)

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Not really?
The leak would have likely happened either way.
To the better of my understanding the reasons behind the leak are not tied in any way to the game being postponed.
I don't see how a May release would have avoided whatever issue this ND employee has with his compensation.
Ah, forgot I wrote 'because of the delay' in that, was more focused on the leak itself - I just thought it wouldn't leak at this stage from anything (potentially) internal to ND

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
How hard would it be to release it digitally first and allow people that pre-ordered it to downoad it for free if they wished for it? (probably a mess since that would mean a lot of back-and-forth with amazing, best buy, all european stores etc)

It'd be a mess setting up a global release of the biggest game of the generation while all your staff in every country in the world are under different amounts of lockdown and stores are shut and you can't do any kind of effective marketing beyond Facebook ads. They could just drop the game digitally but that would be underselling an absolute massive release that they've presumably pumped untold amounts of funding into so far.

Sony will have thousands of staff across the world working on a huge global entertainment release like this. That's a nightmare if they're all at home trying to deal with this over Zoom. It's alright if it's Predator Hunting Grounds but this is bigger.

A game like TLOU2 will have a ginormous marketing roll out. It's a mainstream game - it's not aimed solely at people who log into the PSN store everyday. You flush all of that away if you rush release it. It needs in-store promo, billboards, cinema ads, etc. It needs big press review events, fan events (remember all of those around the Death Stranding launch?). I can totally see why they'd want to hold off and see what the lay of the land is as this all changes.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All this is making me want to replay TLoU remastered.

Think I'm going to start it today.

edit: I just checked my trophies...despite buying the game I never actually replayed it after finishing it on the PS3. 😱

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
please can we have no reactions in this thread to the content of the leaks. your expressing an opinion on whether you hate or love the spoilers now you know them constitute a spoiler in itself. many people dont want to have their opinions colored by that. there's a spoiler thread if you really want to talk about it.

ivan.k

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Moscow
Can you imagine working on something for years...almost half a decade, only to watch it all getting unveiled online?
If people are this miserable at Naughty Dog that they would rather leak their own work then Sony really needs to step in.

Something is clearly very wrong in there.

The spoilers that leaked. Is it a lot of the game? Is it the ending as well and stuff like that?
This really is messy.
Can you imagine working on a game for years, almost half a decade, crunching hard and then not getting paid accordingly?

Last edited:

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Can you imagine working on a game for years, almost half a decade, crunching hard and then not getting paid accordingly?
twitter.com

SuperMetalDave64 on Twitter

“The Last of Us 2 spoilers are reportedly from a disgruntled employee over a payment dispute with Naughty Dog. When things didn't go their way.....bam, MAJOR plot spoilers got leaked. Some really angry, tired and fed up people working at ND, I think we could see this coming sadly.”
You gonna have to bring a better source than "SuperMetalDave64x". I'm yet to see a half-decent source reporting this rumor.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
twitter.com

“The Last of Us 2 spoilers are reportedly from a disgruntled employee over a payment dispute with Naughty Dog. When things didn't go their way.....bam, MAJOR plot spoilers got leaked. Some really angry, tired and fed up people working at ND, I think we could see this coming sadly.”
I keep seeing this around, but is it officially confirmed? I'm also hearing stuff about the leaks coming from Brazil.

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
twitter.com

I have to imagine there are better ways to deal with a very bad situation like that (if proven true) than salting the earth, ruining the release for your colleagues (most of which wouldn't be involved in a pay dispute) and opening yourself up to some serious financial impairment from the inevitable anvil Sony will be dropping on them

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
twitter.com

just for peoples info one of the top responses in this twitter thread is a meme and major spoiler, dont click through to the thread.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
I was stupid for making fun of this possibility before.

Kinda annoyed that people haven't felt the need to spoiler tag comparisons to a game that pretty obviously give away something massive.

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Honestly what can they even do to the leaker? Clearly this person gives no fucks. I applaud them. This is some bold shit.
Sue them into oblivion, presumably. If they were internal or contracted to ND (as rumours suggest) there would be an NDA in play, and that would allow for legal action to be taken against them.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
Is it even confirmed the leak is real? I don't want to read up to much on it, as not to be spoiled by accident, however that is probably going to be pretty tough depending on how long it'll take until the game is released :(

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly what can they even do to the leaker? Clearly this person gives no fucks. I applaud them. This is some bold shit.

Under normal circumstances maybe. But given how rare an occurrence like this is I think there's a good chance it's someone taking advantage of security weaknesses in getting a game to launch amidst a lockdown.

Someone wearing a fake moustache and using a dummy USB to sneak footage out of Naughty Dog is bold. Abusing the trust in a less secure testing process implemented during a lockdown to have the game ready for launch, maybe as financial extortion - eh, that would just suck.

Hopewell

Jan 17, 2018
Did Naughty Dog responded to the situation?
I don't want to look too much on the internet because of spoilers.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
A spoiler thread for a game that got delayed without a release date, where people can talk freely about the whole ending. Some troll about to leak things sooner or later on this site the longer we have to wait.

This is just absurd and stupid that this is allowed. And people think a ignore button will be enough.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Did Naughty Dog responded to the situation?
I don't want to look too much on the internet because of spoilers.

What response is there really other than:
Please dont watch the spoilers, it will err spoil the experience for you.
Dont share the spoilers youll be spoiling it for everyone else.

Im not particularly worried about the story of TLOU2, but if i was a fan and invested id be shitting myself going to youtube.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A spoiler thread for a game that got delayed without a release date, where people can talk freely about the whole ending. Some troll about to leak things sooner or later on this site the longer we have to wait.

This is just absurd and stupid that this is allowed. And people think a ignore button will be enough.

If someone posts a spoiler where they shouldn't they will be banned quite swiftly. That has been made quite clear and to be frank your multiple threads tirade is becoming tiresome.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
That may be true but people going out of their way to spoil it is a dick move. No need to ruin the enjoyment of others in these times either. I don't own a PS4 so I don't plan on playing it, but if a game that I do plan on getting had major plot points spoiled for me then I would be pretty damn disappointed and pissed off.

People going out of their way to spoil it is dickish. We can all agree on that. That's out of our control though unfortunately.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
There's no way most us of us will avoid spoilers if the game is months from release.

This is my most anticipated game of all time so I'm pretty scared.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What response is there really other than:
Please dont watch the spoilers, it will err spoil the experience for you.
Dont share the spoilers youll be spoiling it for everyone else.

Im not particularly worried about the story of TLOU2, but if i was a fan and invested id be shitting myself going to youtube.

I dunno, they could throw us a bone of a release date.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
It's gonna be a meme and all over social media, in youtube thumbnails, twiitter etc. RIP.

Mar 29, 2018
Welp, I'm leaving this forum for the unforeseeable future
It's far beyond this forum I'm afraid, pal. People talking about getting blindsided with spoilers by trolls on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc.

I'm actually the opposite. This forum is one of the few places I think actually IS safe, as long as you avoid the full-blown spoiler thread. If anyone tries to troll by spoiling stuff, they'll quickly be moderated to hell and back.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing: amazing sales.

Doom Eternal: amazing sales.

FF7R: amazing sales.

Sony: Let's fuck over our community and let them live in fear of being spoiled for who knows how long because CLEARLY games just aren't doing well in Quarantine.

Like what the fuck? AFTER Quarantine there's going to be a ton of shit vying for our attention. Media sales might go down as people spend less time at home. And yet Sony believes they HAVE to hold this game rather than release when we're all at home and Twitch is having record-breaking numbers.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Animal Crossing: amazing sales.

Doom Eternal: amazing sales.

FF7R: amazing sales.

Sony: Let's fuck over our community and let them live in fear of being spoiled for who knows how long because CLEARLY games just aren't doing well in Quarantine.

Like what the fuck? AFTER Quarantine there's going to be a ton of shit vying for our attention. Media sales might go down as people spend less time at home. And yet Sony believes they HAVE to hold this game rather than release when we're all at home and Twitch is having record-breaking numbers.

the problem is getting the physical media printed I'd imagine.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What?

TLoU2 is literally the last thing on my mind right now. Some of us aren't working lol.

But sure, get defensive over vidya games. I'm not concerned about what makes sense to you.

Why are you in a thread about a video game, on a video game forum, in the video game section, complaining the last thing on your mind is a video game