• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How many?

• 1-5

Votes: 490 46.2%
  • 6-10

Votes: 320 30.2%
  • 11-15

Votes: 107 10.1%
  • 16-20

Votes: 51 4.8%
  • 21-25

Votes: 21 2.0%
  • 26-30

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • More than 30

Votes: 62 5.8%

• Total voters

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
10 I think off the top of my head. Going to buy a beach/water pair soon I think.

2 everyday shoes (different colors)
Old pair of running shoes I do yard work in
2 Sperry boat shoes (different color, slightly different design)
Sperry shoe
Dress shoes
Winter boots
Shitty pair of boots
Flip flops

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
since january the 1st of this year i've bought 5 pairs of dunk lows, 2 pairs of space hippies, 1 pair of kd's, 1 pair of foams, 1 pair of prestos (hello kitty), and i've got a pair of mowabbs in the post... oh yeah, and a new pair of runners (asics noosa)

i've added them to my 120+ kicks collection

(also sold off 8 pairs... 4's, kd's, lebrons, etc)

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I own 12 pairs. Maybe 14 if you include the shoes I use for cycling. And I'm always on the lookout for more.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
3 sneakers
3 boots
1 sandals

I really should get another pair of sandals though

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
Probably like seven pairs casual sneakers, two pairs dress shoes, one pair of just shitty retired shoes for garage work. Then I have hiking shoes, a couple pairs of motorcycle boots......

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I have around 13

Timberland boots for shoveling snow and stuff
Crappy sneakers for mowing the lawn
Dress shoes
Slippers (if those count)
Some casual Skechers (tan Del Rettos)
Wyld Stallyn Adidas
Sportscenter Adidas
A couple different Dunks
White AF1's
A few Adidas forum mid's (these are the most comfortable shoes for the way my feet are)

I have a disability and unfortunately shoes get worn down real quick for me so I'm not able to hold onto them for long, I try to cycle what I wear so they last longer but then I just end up in pain from switching, it sucks because I love sneakers

Skyshark

Apr 26, 2021
11-15 range. Four pairs of dress shoes for work, 2 basketball shoes (Jordan's and Pippen's), 2 pairs of running shoes (even though I don't run), 3 pairs of my normal wear around shoes (pumas and adidas) and one pair of regular gym shoes. May have some more buried in a closet or something, but I think that's it for me.

Storminormin

Jan 14, 2018
Just boots and my every day shoes. I guess 3 since I still have my old pair that are falling apart?
Clothing in general I only really buy when it's absolutely needed.

People who have 3 pairs or less, do you live in a warm/dry climate area?

Nope. I live in a pretty wet/humid place with 3-4 months of winter.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I've got my daily sneakers, some dress shoes (I don't even know where they are, I don't go to formal events very often) and some slippers.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Oh, I guess if we're listing any and all footwear, the excessive options make sense. I'd have gone with 10+ at a certain point lol.

I have:
  1. Normal shoes
  2. Exercise shoes
  3. Old shoes
  4. Sandals
  5. Formal dress shoes
Once the normal shoes get worn out, they become the old shoes and the old old shoes get thrown out. That's usually about a year and a half or so.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
about 5, but i dont really have the cause to use most of them, since i dont need to wear my "semblance of professionality" office shoes now

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have five pairs of leather boots, two pairs of running shoes, two pairs of boat shoes/loafers, two pairs of casual sneakers, four pairs of sandals, and two pairs of formal dress shoes.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
2 pairs of converse, barely wear them, awful shoes, will be donating them next time I get around to douching out my clothes
3 pairs of Palladiums, 2 of them are falling apart now so I use them as chore shoes, 3rd pair I rotate as my work shoe
like half a dozen pairs of adidas that I wear casually
a pair of sketchers slip ons that felt fine at costco, but realized they hurt my lower back after like an hour, so they're the "I need shoes for 30 seconds" shoes
a pair of ugg chelsea boots that are my current work boot
a pair of waterproof rockport ankle boots I wear when it's wet out

I've got a bad habit of just kind of buying shoes/boots when I see them on some sort of rock bottom warehouse deal. I wreck shoes super fast, even expensive actual quality shoes, so now I just buy end of season/blowout sale comfy shoes even if they'll dissolve in 3 months.

Oh and I have a pair of slippers that look like loaves of bread. Loafers, if you will.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
11-15

4 pairs of athletic / everyday shoes
4 pair dress shoes
2 pair sandals
2 pair boots
1 pair slippers

there's probably a couple I'm forgetting, or need to throw out lol

Mad Gamer 64

Nov 6, 2017
1 that I really wear on a day-to-day basis. I have some fancy shoes that stay buried in my closet for special occasions and some hiking boots that I only use for tough uphill hikes

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I think it's 11-15 for me but that's more of a relic of keeping my shoes for a long time. Some of my shoes that still get regular use are well over 10 years old and still in decent shape.

In general, I try to have the following on-hand:
  • 2-3 pairs of flip-flops (which is what I wear probably 70% of the year due to the hot climate)
  • a pair of slippers
  • at least one pair of running/athletic shoes
  • at least one pair of "everyday" shoes like Vans or a comparable brand
  • a couple pairs of dress shoes for various outfits

Xavien

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 3, 2017
Workout Trainers/Sneakers
Boots
Office Shoes
Breathable Trainers/Sneakers
Indoor Slippers

thats about it, dont see the point in buying several shoes for the same purpose unless they start wearing out

robox

Nov 10, 2017
3 pairs of sneakers
1 pair sneaker boots
2 pairs cycling shoes
1 pair work/beater shoes
1 pair climbing shoes (inactive)
1 pair running shoes (inactive)

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018
Six:

1 pair regular tennis shoes
1 pair yard work shoes (old boots from a decade ago)
1 pair sandals
1 pair bowling shoes
1 pair dress shoes
And finally my previous pair of tennis shoes that I no longer wear but I kept for sentimental reasons (last Christmas gift from my mom before she passed away)

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Daily drivers. Loafers. Sandals. Workout shoes. Hiking boots. Trail runners. Steel toed boots. Winter steel toed boots. Dress shoes.

9 it seems.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
2x dress shoes (1 black, 1 brown)
1x daily tennis shoes
1x sandals
1x water shoes
1x hiking/outdoors/yard work shoes
1x shovel/snow blowing boots

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Current sneakers
Old sneakers that are yard shoes
Dress shoes
Winter boots
Texan boots

I really only use the last 3 once per year maybe.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
4 slippers/crocs indoors
1 dress shoe
2 oxford type
2 smart casual
4 sneakers/skate/hiking
3 old beaters for yard/car work

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
3 boots
2 casual sneaks
1 runners
1 water crocs
1 hiking shoes
2 thongs/flip flops (always keep a spare in case of blow out)

so 10?

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017

A pair of trainers and a pair of plain black shoes that I don't think I've worn in at least 3-4 years.
My trainers are pushing 3 years old now and starting to show their age, might be time to replace them.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

For work and for workout I have two pairs of this though the one I use workout is the previous pair I would have worn for work , when I get a new pair every 2-3 years I replace my workout shoes with what I was using for work at the time

VTO Walking Shoe| SAS Shoes

The men's VTO is follows the fit and shape of your foot and with SAS Tripad® Comfort Cushions providing all-day comfort men's. Shop SAS Shoes. | SAS Shoes

For special events/parties/weddings/church: https://www.sasshoes.com/mens-diplomat-slip-on-loafer/2280.html?dwvar_2280_color=013#start=1

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Boots, snow boots, sneakers, gym shoes, rubber waders, sandals, dress shoes, business casual loafers, slippers, and more pairs of roller skates than i choose to admit.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
23, though two I'm going to toss up on Poshmark. But on the same token, I'm going to just buy the same pair in a smaller size, so I digress.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
A bit over 30, last I counted. I'm a reformed sneaker nut. Have it under control now, but I still can't wear no lame shit

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I have 6 pairs atm.

tpzCw9.jpg

Every day trainers.

tpzQ12.jpg

Hiking/cross country boots.

tpzVKv.jpg

General trainer/boots.

All three of the above are Gortex (water proof), I'm a bit obssessed with the material.

A pair of Nike running shoes, another pair of Superdry white sneaker types, and a pair of Adidas sandals.

I do not cunrrently own any dress shoes/smart shoes as I threw out my old pair a while ago and haven't needed any since. I should probably get some soon just in case.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018

2 pairs of doc's

3 pairs of runners

1 winter boots

1 skate shoes

2 flat tops

2 pairs of slippers (one pair being giant pizza slices)

1 pair of dress shoes.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
At least 25.
  • 4 pairs of flops
  • 8 pairs of slip on boat shoes
  • Winter hiking boots, summer hiking shoes, open hiking shoes
  • 2 pairs of running/biking shoes
  • 2 snow boots
  • 3 winter shoes/boots
  • Outdoor work boots and shoes
  • 2 summer slippers