• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Watched Klaus with the family last night. It's a Netflix original animated movie about the origin of Santa.

It was surprisingly fantastic. I'd say a lot better than Elf. It currently sits at 93% on RT. Seriously, if you haven't watched yet please do it today.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I watched Klaus tonight and all of the positive comments are spot on.

Absolutely amazing film, I loved it.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Elf was probably the last xmas "classic", as in the milieu of movies you have running in the background during the holidays a la A Christmas Story, Home Alone, ect

surely way better xmas movies succeded it by now though

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Love Actually is better and came out shortly after Elf

This movie is one of the most overrated pieces of shit I've seen. It's dreadful. I watch it with my wife every year because I love her and enjoy spending time with her, and I don't talk bad about it with her because I know she enjoys it, but here I won't stand for this.

Love Actually is poorly written, poorly acted, propagates harmful gender stereotypes, has a criss-crossed and mixed message, and is miserable to sit through.

I dare anyone to watch this scene without cringing at the dialogue. This one four-minute scene alone is enough to disqualify the movie from even being considered 'decent,' let alone a classic Christmas movie. The rest of the movie is also awful, just maybe not quite so bad as this clip. I feel almost physical pain and sympathy from the actors in this scene for actually having to act it out. Poor Betty Draper. Jesus.

And why in the bloody hell is this movie so willfullly inappropriate?! Because of its vacuous nature, they very easily could have made it family friendly and appropriate, but nope, they made the obviously conscious decision to litter it with unnecessary nudity, gratuitous sex scenes, crassness, and vulgarity, just to absolutely ensure that no child will ever have a chance to see this movie that was somehow ALSO trying to be sentimental. It's mind-blowing and j have no idea what the makers of this trash heap were thinking.

Last edited:

Abdiel

Oct 28, 2017
I cringed my way through elf, but I can understand why people would enjoy it. I'll just do what I can to never see it again.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
I'd recommend Better Watch Out, although it's not a typical Christmas movies (= comedy or romance). Klaus is excellent as well.