• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Has it?

• Yes, I used to not wash my hands frequently and now I do

Votes: 127 16.2%
  • No, I already washed my hands frequently

Votes: 451 57.4%
  • No, I still don't wash my hands frequently

Votes: 39 5.0%
  • Yes, I already washed my hands frequently and now I'm a maniac.

Votes: 167 21.2%
  • Yes, I wash my hands less frequently

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
No, I already have good handwashing habits (i.e. using restroom, meals, etc. for like 20 secs) and there really isn't more often that I can do it without getting into neat freak territory.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I wash them for longer now, but I still do it regularly like before eating, when I come from work, etc.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to make sure I wash them immediately after coming back from the store or whatever, which is something I didn't really think about before

the outside world is FILTHY

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mine haven't changed since I've always been pretty obsessed with cleanliness.
However, it's pretty nice to see that more people are washing their hands in public bathrooms, resulting to actual lines in front of the men's bathroom.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I wash about the same amount, each time I use the bathroom, but like others I've gotten much more thorough at the scrubbing part. I also use hand sanitizer a lot more often now.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I wash just about the same when I'm at work. The difference is that I'm much more mindful about the things I touch AFTER I wash my hands before eating. I also do use the hand sanitizer stations before the entrance gates on the 1st floor.

My main habit change has been more at home. Between taking public transit and coming home, I've likely touched a lot of nasty things. Therefore when I come home, the first thing I always do now is a wash my hands before touching anything else. Then every few days, I've been using Lysol wipes to wipe down commonly touched items like my work laptop, keyboard, mice, microwave, buttons, fridge handles, door knobs, light switches, etc.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Not so much hands washing - I already did that.

But when I get home from work or the grocery, I'll:
1. Wash my hands
2. Put away everything
3. Use disinfectant wipes on all surfaces I touched, including my keys, my CC, wallet, phone, handles, doornobs, steering wheel.
4. Wash my hands again.
5. Wait a few minutes before I pickup my phone

I sort of already did this starting last Autumn, but I've dialed it up with coronavirus. My wife has asthma, so I don't want to take any risks.

Over the last 6 months I've had not even the slightest symptoms of disease. Working from home nearly every day and nephews no longer being toddlers that will walk up and touch your eyeballs or cough in your face definitely helps too.

I also have purrrell in the car. Use it first thing getting in the car. Pickup medications, use immediately after pickup.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Always washed my hands, but I've been washing them for slightly longer lately.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I have always been pretty dedicated to hand hygiene. Cold and flu still existed before COVID-19.

I'm trying not to touch my face, which is a lot. I never knew until recently.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Normally I wouldn't care that much about washing my hands after touching something outside but now I am more conscious about it.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Well, we now have disinfectant in our office in pretty much every workspace, so i clean them multiple times during the day. Definitely more than necessary. I just like the smell...

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
I've been a bit more studious about washing my hands...but I don't know about that "20 seconds" thing man. I just feel like I'm abusing my skin at some point

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I really haven't change anything about my routine because of the virus, but I think I had good hygiene already. Hand washing especially is something I do a lot, maybe too much actually.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
I'm washing a bit more frequently, but I think the biggest change is I'm washing more thoroughly. Normally, I'm guilty of doing a "quick wash" pretty much every time. Now I'm taking the time to lather fully, spend the time even with foaming hand soap dispensers.

Also using hand sanitizer, for example when I get back to my desk or back to my car. And avoiding touching surfaces like door handles as much as possible.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I make a conscious effort to wash them for longer than usual, but that's literally it.
It's not just about longer, it's about getting in-between fingers, around nails, the thumb, the backside.
I have never seen a person in public wash their hands properly. It's all about gtfo asap

6568458.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
I keep wipes in my car. and after a grocery trip I will use a wipe.

other than that, I usually dont touch my face and tend to wash my hands a lot

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My wife is a nurse and has drilled good hand washing technique into me for years. So I don't think this has changed much.

What it has done is make me far more aware when other people don't in public places.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
I paying more attention to how I wash my hands. Getting in between the fingers and scrubbing the tips.

Also repeating while scrubbing :

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

More appropriate than Happy Birthday.

Oct 27, 2017
I already washed my hands before because I'm not a nasty motherfucker. I guess I do use hand sanitizer more often now and wipe down my phone occasionally when before I didn't really think about it

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully my mother will stop accusing me to "force my niece to wash her habds too often" just because she's supposed to wash it when she returns home and before she touches food as well as after additional to each time after visiting the toilette. 🤷🏻‍♀️

my mother was so mad at me when i told my niece to wash her hands when we baked cookies and she licked her fingers/sneezed into her hand.

Smithy

Oct 25, 2017
I've always washed my hands when going to the bathroom and before eating (unless im at home) and of course if I do anything that makes my hands feel dirty like touching bins and what not but now I do it when I arrive at work and when I arrive home as well. At work I've found myself maybe overdoing it and washing them every time I come into contact with anyone elses things (I work in IT support) and it's dried my hands up like crazy.

Yep, can totally relate to that. Washed my hands frequently as well before all of this started and now my hands are getting desinfected after each touch that is making me anxious. Super dry skin already, no hand cream can save me right now (at least I try to put on a lot when I go to bad... still isn't enough).

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I have kids in the school and kindergarten. I'm afraid of Noro and friends for years now, and washing your hands is essential

Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017
It did, I would speed wash them a lot since I work with kids and teach them how to wash their hands, but I wasn't realizing the importance of the duration of washing D=. We need duration options in the poll OP!

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I did wash regularly before (3-4 times a day) but now when I return from the city I make sure to wash longer and more thoroughly, in between fingers, top of the hands etc.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Used to wash my hands frequently, but now I wash them better/properly rather than the half-hearted rinse I used to do.

leafcutter

Feb 14, 2018
I started washing my hands all the damn time a few years ago when my son was born. I was paranoid when he was an infant. It just became habit and I still wash them probably more than necessary.

Darth Karja

Oct 25, 2017
No. I already wash my hands a lot, but I have started using the hand sanitizer at work a lot in addition to washing my hands.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I've gone from "germaphobe/always wash my hands" to nearly maniac status. It's pretty nuts. I have to keep moisturizing them lol

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I've gone from "germaphobe/always wash my hands" to nearly maniac status. It's pretty nuts. I have to keep moisturizing them lol

I use hand sanitizer at work so often I had to start moisturizing. All that alcohol on top of the cold dry winter air was not good. The bad thing is that the moisturizer is probably great for the growth of germs.

May 21, 2018
I've already been washing my hands at a frequency and intensity where it's probably too much, so if anything I'm already in clean freak territory.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I've always had a habit of washing my hands as the first thing I do when I get home, and of course I do before going to the bathroom/dealing with food.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
No, I've been obsessed with washing my hands for the last twenty years or so.