• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Lessee, I have 2-3 soft drinks per year, and haven't had a sports drink in half a decade. I'm good. đź‘Ť

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
avtyQMs.jpg
Science has spoken and the answer is: "No"

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Been trying to reduce my intake to about one a day recently. It's not much but it's something

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
And to think I used to drink soda when I was a little. Ugh. Water and tea only these days.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could a beverage consisting of liquid sugar and no nutrients really be bad for me?

I think we need more data.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Breaking News: Drinking nothing but sugar for basic hydration for decades has incredible consequences on your body.

OP
OP
Inugami

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
That's great, but I'm going to die anyway eventually so why would I care? Still interesting to read I guess.
The older I get, the more I realize I want to live longer and have good quality of life while I live it. Not saying that's how it is or should be for everyone, just giving some perspective there.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's great, but I'm going to die anyway eventually so why would I care? Still interesting to read I guess.

Because contrary to popular belief, you don't just end up being young and healthy to dropping dead.

There are like 30 or so years of your body giving out due to poor life choices where you become miserably and need constant medical care.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
I drink 1 - 2 diet sodas a day along with diet tea. I need to cut back some but its better than sugary soda at least.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
This defeatist attitude is annoying.

Not wrong tho.

The sun helps your body produce Vitamin D but can also give you cancer if you get too much exposure without sun block. But the chemicals in sun block can also give you cancer. Even drinking water that's too hot can cause you to develop cancer.

And frankly cancer is a drop in the bucket when thrown in with everything else too much sugar can do to you.

I mean the thread should be titled "Sugary drinks can cause cancer if the depression, obesity, diabetes, and hypertension don't get to you first."

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
The link between sugar drink (not sugar) and diabetes is already proven.

The different between soft drink and cigarette is soft drink is legal for children.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Real talk, stop giving your kids juice boxes, sodas and other trash that is designed to make them addicted to sugar and sweet things.

You don't need to have a sugar blast every time you're thirsty.

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Drinks full of bad shit is bad for you? More news at 10. Water and black coffee from freshly ground coffee beans is all you need. Switched to that combo 2 years ago and never looked back. Fuck sugar. It's toxic as fuck.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I hope I helped prevent chances by a good margin by not drinking sodas for years now. When you've stopped for a while and try to drink it again, it tastes so disgusting. So much darn sugar.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I try as much as I can to only get my sugars from cocktails (which isn't all that often), and fruits. Thank god I stopped drinking 2L bottles solo after high school.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I'm currently trying to kick soda entirely, including diet Coke which is pretty much the only kind of soda I've had for a decade or more.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Real talk, stop giving your kids juice boxes, sodas and other trash that is designed to make them addicted to sugar and sweet things.

You don't need to have a sugar blast every time you're thirsty.
Right? Halloween, sugary colorful toy like candies, it's like a drug and the companies are pushing it all to kids. Wake up, sugary cereal, pastries, drinks. Start the day off high on sugar.

Jan 29, 2018
These studies are also framed as sugary sodas killing you, but aren't fruit juices full of sugar too? Is OJ killing me?

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
When I was a bit younger I was drinking almost exclusively Coca Cola light. Then I switched to just plain water, and don't regret it. I just allow myself a 50cl bottle of Orangina at family meals.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Diet drinkers, unless you're drinking 4 diet drinks a day, seemed to be spared from the latest "Everything is killing us" study.

These studies are also framed as sugary sodas killing you, but aren't fruit juices full of sugar too? Is OJ killing me?

yes, the article I read specifically mentioned any sugary drinks, including juices.

OP
OP
Inugami

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Well...
Yea, probably. Juices are completely trash as well

But people aren't downing 2L bottle of OJ every other day.
This. That said, there ARE low calorie fruit juices out there (like actual cranberry juice and some lemonades, not the sweetened or 'cocktail' varieties which add in other juices to add sugar).