• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WJD

Nov 4, 2017
i want you all to know that i hate you

but also, hope you have a lovely time

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So the flight can go live earlier right on the 29th? I mean the 2pm is for the stream today.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Somehow I'm actually more interested now that I hear it's against bots. I'm very curious to see if they've implemented them well. Well done bots are great and really add to the longevity of a game for me.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
It's all fun and games, until the bots actually play better than you and also tbag you.

SKam6PF.jpg

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I wonder if it matters that i didn't update my Flighting Info and it was still listed as One X even though I got a Series S now.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
wait it's only against bots? guess i'm not going to bother.
Bots can be fun if done well.

Hardest level Q3 bots were fun to play against.
4 Humans VS 4 Bots.

Testing AI is also important...and who knows...they might even put up a decent fight!
These bots are pretty good, and they'll be cranking up the difficulty over the weekend on them as well. Don't underestimate them.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
For a game like Halo you can make bots that will mince the human players.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Seems the pool is off invites is pretty big. The MCC ones were always alot smaller at the beginning.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
These bots are pretty good, and they'll be cranking up the difficulty over the weekend on them as well. Don't underestimate them.

Seeing as how you seem to be involved with internal testing... how good are we talking? Lets say we take the H5 ranked system and apply them to the bots, where would they roughly end up?

Seems the pool is off invites is pretty big. The MCC ones were always alot smaller at the beginning.

Would be cool to know how many exactly. They said hundreds of thousand, but that can literally be anything between 100,001 and 999,999. haha

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Seeing as how you seem to be involved with internal testing... how good are we talking? Lets say we take the H5 ranked system and apply them to the bots, where would they roughly end up?
I want to say at Spartan difficulty they're around platinum or diamond? but ymmv depending on your own skill level, I'm not a good gauge in that regard. The system's going to start them 2 levels below that where they'll be less aggressive and greedy, but at the 2 higher difficulties they will be in your face, stealing pickups and grappling around to do all sorts of shenanigans. They'll be letting you work your way up to that difficulty, so at first they may seem more tame until you get used to everything and up the difficulty. Take that with a grain of salt, I'm not great at fps games

Last edited:

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I want to say at Spartan difficulty they're around platinum or diamond? but ymmv depending on your own skill level, I'm not a good gauge in that regard. The system's going to start them 2 levels below that where they'll be less aggressive and greedy, but at the 2 higher difficulties they will be in your face, stealing pickups and grappling around to do all sorts of shenanigans. They'll be letting you work your way up to that difficulty, so at first they may seem more tame until you get used to everything and up the difficulty
Sounds fantastic. Can't wait to be wrecked by Bots.

ThankeeSai

Oct 25, 2017
Got mine 30 minutes ago.

UK and for comparison, 3 friends also in UK got theirs at 1am this morning, so got mine 9 hours or so later than them.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
No invite. Thank God I am away. I'd be sooooooo antsy if I was at home but still unable to play.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I want to say at Spartan difficulty they're around platinum or diamond? but ymmv depending on your own skill level, I'm not a good gauge in that regard. The system's going to start them 2 levels below that where they'll be less aggressive and greedy, but at the 2 higher difficulties they will be in your face, stealing pickups and grappling around to do all sorts of shenanigans. They'll be letting you work your way up to that difficulty, so at first they may seem more tame until you get used to everything and up the difficulty

That seems fair, since Platinum ended up being the average rank for Halo 5, if I'm not mistaken. Sounds good either way and I'm looking forward to test them, especially in objective modes like Oddball/CTF. Really curious how complex they actually are.

Thanks for the info by the way.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
No invite. Thank God I am away. I'd be sooooooo antsy if I was at home but still unable to play.

This is me. I was away the last few weekends and will be away the next ones. But no, not this one. I am here. With no invites.

I'll stop now because I'm only complaining, but I'm jealous lmao.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
That seems fair, since Platinum ended up being the average rank for Halo 5, if I'm not mistaken. Sounds good either way and I'm looking forward to test them, especially in objective modes like Oddball/CTF. Really curious how complex they actually are.

Thanks for the info by the way.

One thing good bots could do is turn some matches that people want to use as kill farms into actual objective-based competition! That would be a funny outcome: playing the game, not the KD ratio...