• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your favorite weapon?

• Stygius / Stygian Blade

Votes: 69 7.0%
  • Varatha / Eternal Spear

Votes: 234 23.6%
  • Aegis / Shield of Chaos

Votes: 192 19.4%
  • Coronacht / Heart-Seeking Bow

Votes: 218 22.0%
  • Malphon / Twin Fists of Malphon

Votes: 190 19.2%
  • Exagryph / Adamant Rail

Votes: 88 8.9%

• Total voters

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its funny, when I read this and followed your advice (specifically the first three points) I beat those motherfucker's ass.

The fists +deflection on Dodge was so much fun.

Sadly I then died on that fucking rat. But still, furthest I have gotten!
Nice! Also you might have already figured this out but when they do their green wave team up attack you can dodge through it if timed right

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I hate being poisoned in the fourth realm. Normally by then, my character is built so much there are fireworks everytime I start attacking, so I rarely see what causes it. With the humanoid creatures I think they three poisonous knives in a spread. With but with the rats is it an attack, walking on poison spills, or both?

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I hate being poisoned in the fourth realm. Normally by then, my character is built so much there are fireworks everytime I start attacking, so I rarely see what causes it. With the humanoid creatures I think they three poisonous knives in a spread. With but with the rats is it an attack, walking on poison spills, or both?
I believe with the rats it's only the poison on the ground that will get you.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Yep, avoid the Green puddles on the ground.
I agree it's sometimes hard to see if you're sick when everything gets flashy after all your upgrades...

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
of all the hidden aspects i've tried, the sword and the fists aspects are pretty good and fun to use! fists don't actually change the way i play that much though. but with arthur, it's super satisfying to hit enemies and just do big damage with every normal swing. hidden bow aspect is alright and actually makes the bow good for crowd control outside of getting a specific build going. i like how the special attack feels like a semi-auto rifle.

don't think i'll be touching the spear aspect again after my two initial attempts with it unupgraded. i'll only give it another shot when it's fully upgraded, as 50% hp reduction sounds way more manageable than 75%.

still need to unlock the shield and gun aspects. already had chaos and zeus comment on me using them, and i've put a decent chunk of titan blood into both, so i guess i just have to do more runs.

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
Was riding high on excalibur and then took the blacksmith boon at charon and BOOM - 2+ hp on ATK with half the health. Absolute garbage on stubborn defiance. Got him to second form but it really fucked me over that run. Urgh. Still, excellent fourth form, you deal so much damage.
Arthur is waay too slow for HP on hit to be useful. You leave yourself way open in between attacks.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
I had the most face melting build I've ever seen the other day, but when I got to the final boss

it was the attempt where Hades just lets you pass without fighting. lol

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone bothered restarting on hell mode? Worth a try or nah.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
I think it's surprising that the cast that deals the most damage is actually Dionysius. At first glance yeah, it's kinda clunky to use since it is slow, but most enemies/boss aren't exactly fast either. But then you get Demeter's duo boon Ice Wine and holy shit his cast became very fast, hit a wide area and inflict chill too. Mix with some Zeus, hangover area also strike lightning. At this point, if not for waiting for your cast to return, there's no point in attacking normally. 251x6 flurry cast, I'm playing range attack rather than close combat.
That's at level 4, no other cast even reach that level of damage at higher level, and don't forget Chill because I have Ice Wine.

5iHnoVZ.jpg

Artemis' cast is kinda niche, good for single enemies, terrible for crowds.

Demeter's cast looked nice at a glance, but with moving boss, the dps is not optimal.

Zeus' cast seemed 2nd best. It does a decent dps, and it bounces/homes across multiple foes. The speed is decent too.

Ares' cast need some skill to use. Use it when enemies are stationary or charging, use it up close, otherwise it's wasted.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
a lot of them have good synergies with other boons though that can really change shit up. Demeter's homing lasers that target you are one example especially if you can pop multiple lasers or get them to start chucking thunderbolts around as well. Ares' cast boons also affect the dash rifts you leave as well which is interesting, plus the suction effect + size enlarger is quite useful. Some of those duo boon things are nuts.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced the gun Aspect of Eris (For 8 Seconds after absorbing your Special's blast, deal more damage) is the strongest aspect in the game.
I won 14 times in a row with it and got my fastest time (just under 14min at 15 heat). Start with Zeus & go for lightning attack. Then stacking ares doom on the special is optimal, but I've made it work with Weak and Chill too. My fastest runs had Zeus+Ares+Poseidon (sea storm!)

The daedelus upgrades are so powerful, you get cluster bombs or rockets or BOTH, it's game over. Even without dada hammers you can still constantly have your damage upgrade going from absorbing the blast. The only reason I lost my 15th run was being really reckless in styx. I feel like this is by far the fastest/easiest win you can get.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
yeah, duo boon synergies are really great. But Demeter's lasers only sound good on paper, when battling Hades, he moves around the screen very fast, and no matter the tracking, it cannot track him fast enough, hence the lost in dps.
Short of Artemis' tracking, Ice Wine is fast enough and will ensure all cast hit the target plus inflicting chill.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
a lot of them have good synergies with other boons though that can really change shit up. Demeter's homing lasers that target you are one example especially if you can pop multiple lasers or get them to start chucking thunderbolts around as well. Ares' cast boons also affect the dash rifts you leave as well which is interesting, plus the suction effect + size enlarger is quite useful. Some of those duo boon things are nuts.

Ares cast + hunting blades + magnetic boon is 🤤

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Here the best aspects of every weapon, in my humble opinion:
  • Stygian Blade: Aspect or Arthur
    • The damage output and special are too good. Especially once you get hammer upgrades to speed up the attack and expand the special & augment slow.
  • Varatha Spear: Aspect of Hades
    • I like the spear in spite of the aspects, but Hades is my go to because of the damage potential. I hate the charge up time of the attack, but the hammer upgrade to speed it up makes a world of difference.
  • Aegis Shield: Aspect of Zeus
    • The DPS of the special feels crazy good to me. Especially with boons and hammers.
  • Coronacht Bow: Aspect of Rama
    • This was a close one. But the special bouncing off of enemies is useful, even without shared suffering. But shared suffering is good once you get your charges in order. The good thing is that you don't have to charge to a certain threshold to attack.
  • Malphon Fists: Aspect of Talon
    • AaThis one is the least sure pick for me. Talon's special makes my runs a breeze— it's a perfect setup for stunning an enemy and setting up some "behind" damage.i wouldn't be surprised if Gilgamesh replaces it for me soon, tho. Main and multiple dashes out of the gate are really good too.
  • Exagryph Rail: Aspect of Eris
    • The damage boost, especially once upgraded, is too good. It's also the clearest favorite because I hate to manually reload only to get a single powered up shot AND Lucifer sucks.
Im curious if my list is close to the consensus or not.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Demeter's cast looked nice at a glance, but with moving boss, the dps is not optimal.
yeah, duo boon synergies are really great. But Demeter's lasers only sound good on paper, when battling Hades, he moves around the screen very fast, and no matter the tracking, it cannot track him fast enough, hence the lost in dps.
Short of Artemis' tracking, Ice Wine is fast enough and will ensure all cast hit the target plus inflicting chill.
I've found Demeter's Cast OP when used with Artemis' Duo Boon that makes it lock onto enemies and track them. Put 3/4 of those down with it also upgraded to inflict chill and you're basically in the clear.

Here the best aspects of every weapon, in my humble opinion:
  • Stygian Blade: Aspect or Arthur
    • The damage output and special are too good. Especially once you get hammer upgrades to speed up the attack and expand the special & augment slow.
  • Varatha Spear: Aspect of Hades
    • I like the spear in spite of the aspects, but Hades is my go to because of the damage potential. I hate the charge up time of the attack, but the hammer upgrade to speed it up makes a world of difference.
  • Aegis Shield: Aspect of Zeus
    • The DPS of the special feels crazy good to me. Especially with boons and hammers.
  • Coronacht Bow: Aspect of Rama
    • This was a close one. But the special bouncing off of enemies is useful, even without shared suffering. But shared suffering is good once you get your charges in order. The good thing is that you don't have to charge to a certain threshold to attack.
  • Malphon Fists: Aspect of Talon
    • AaThis one is the least sure pick for me. Talon's special makes my runs a breeze— it's a perfect setup for stunning an enemy and setting up some "behind" damage.i wouldn't be surprised if Gilgamesh replaces it for me soon, tho. Main and multiple dashes out of the gate are really good too.
  • Exagryph Rail: Aspect of Eris
    • The damage boost, especially once upgraded, is too good. It's also the clearest favorite because I hate to manually reload only to get a single powered up shot AND Lucifer sucks.
Im curious if my list is close to the consensus or not.
Hard to say for the other weapons, I think Aspect of Gilgamesh for the fists is my favorite weapon in the whole game. Especially when you get to the last floor, it's insanely good. I had a run the other day where I put Artemis of my special that had an area effect applied to it along with Chaos boons upping its damage by like 150% and it was two shotting anything without a shield.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
I've found Demeter's Cast OP when used with Artemis' Duo Boon that makes it lock onto enemies and track them. Put 3/4 of those down with it also upgraded to inflict chill and you're basically in the clear.
I know, but it's still cannot deliver maximum performance. Even when tracked perfectly, it requires the entire seconds to get maximum dps, which 90% of the time won't happen with Hades, and the laser also doesn't shoot past obstacles.

Cast like Ice Wine deliver all the dps in that instant, 245x3 boom + chill, and you are done, rinse and repeat. Then if you have additional Zeus' duo boon, anyone still standing under that festive fog gets continuous lightning at 70 dps. Ice Wine as far as cast go, can't be beaten.

Deleted member 30935

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I know, but it's still cannot deliver maximum performance. Even when tracked perfectly, it requires the entire seconds to get maximum dps, which 90% of the time won't happen with Hades, and the laser also doesn't shoot past obstacles.

Cast like Ice Wine deliver all the dps in that instant, 245x3 boom + chill, and you are done, rinse and repeat. Then if you have additional Zeus' duo boon, anyone still standing under that festive fog gets continuous lightning at 70 dps. Ice Wine as far as cast go, can't be beaten.
Interesting, I'll have to try this combo out. I've been getting a little reliant on my tried and true combos, so this will be a good way to start experimenting more.

Also, I haven't been really paying attention much to discussion for this game to avoid spoilers, but what is generally considered an impressive clear time? I think 20:00ish my top time at the moment.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I bought the game today, just did my second run, I got to Hadès and got it at half HP.
Was I far away from finishing the run?

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
I had the most face melting build I've ever seen the other day, but when I got to the final boss

it was the attempt where Hades just lets you pass without fighting. lol
yep, the tenth clear. I remember having such an awesome build, all defiance's filled, ready to go and then he just let's you pass. Still a great and unexpected moment. I guess if you didn't know that you needed to beat him that many times it would come as a nice indicator of something significant in the game happening.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
I'm convinced the gun Aspect of Eris (For 8 Seconds after absorbing your Special's blast, deal more damage) is the strongest aspect in the game.
I won 14 times in a row with it and got my fastest time (just under 14min at 15 heat). Start with Zeus & go for lightning attack. Then stacking ares doom on the special is optimal, but I've made it work with Weak and Chill too. My fastest runs had Zeus+Ares+Poseidon (sea storm!)

The daedelus upgrades are so powerful, you get cluster bombs or rockets or BOTH, it's game over. Even without dada hammers you can still constantly have your damage upgrade going from absorbing the blast. The only reason I lost my 15th run was being really reckless in styx. I feel like this is by far the fastest/easiest win you can get.
How do rockets work with Eris btw? I've never tried it since I was afraid it would make getting the buff harder. Is it still an AoE lob shot?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Hard to say for the other weapons, I think Aspect of Gilgamesh for the fists is my favorite weapon in the whole game. Especially when you get to the last floor, it's insanely good. I had a run the other day where I put Artemis of my special that had an area effect applied to it along with Chaos boons upping its damage by like 150% and it was two shotting anything without a shield.
Aspect of Wolverine is my favorite fist weapon too. Put Poseidon on the dash and you'll be doing 5X tidal dash damage just moving around an enemy. You can just hold down attack and dash and go to town.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
How do rockets work with Eris btw? I've never tried it since I was afraid it would make getting the buff harder. Is it still an AoE lob shot?
Nope it just turns it into a standard videogame rocket, shoots forward. You can just get right in an enemies face and blast it off and get the buff. Or just shoot by a wall while they're respawning. It lasts for 8 seconds, you can keep it up constantly easily. And if you get cluster bombs too, you just shoot 5 rockets in a spread pattern in front of you

dabbling

Dec 3, 2018
About to play this for the first time. I love rogue-likes and I love supergiant, so I figure I'm in for a good time. Wish me luck!

Edit - don't suppose there's a text size option somewhere I'm missing?

Last edited:

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Aspect of Arthur with backstab upgrades (hammer/boon) is just awesome. Was dropping 4-figure HP hits on the final boss, and that was without any crit boons. If you can score some Artemis boons with that you can probably finish that fight in 30 seconds.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
So, how do I gift ambrosia?
I only seem to be able to give nectar so far, my stack of ambrlsia is getting out lf hand.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Once i've completed my mirror and unlocked all the weapons, is there any use for my Darkness and Keys or do I just use them to trade for stuff now?

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Once i've completed my mirror and unlocked all the weapons, is there any use for my Darkness and Keys or do I just use them to trade for stuff now?
The Nyx/Charon sidequest requires >3000 darkness to complete. There's also a "rank" thing Hades will allow you access to eventually that requires it, but I'm not sure that it actually does anything other than function as a cosmetic sink for Darkness. I haven't tried using it yet because I haven't maxed out the Mirror.

There's an unlockable interface theme that requires 200 keys.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
This easy?
I thought I maxed Charon already, since I can't give him nectar anymore. But thanks, going to try!
You'll hit a locked heart at a certain level, at which point something needs to happen to unlock more hearts (then you can start giving ambrosia). It varies from character to character, just keep talking to them and eventually they'll tell you what favor they need to unlock the last few hearts.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Fist fight with charon. At first I thought it was quite easy, but then I noticed how little damage I was dealing. And at mid bar, he wrecked me lol.

coracina

Jul 6, 2018
Saw credits tonight. I feel like I haven't had any meaningful interactions with any characters though, so I'm a bit confused that people have been raving about the story. I though the way Pyre seamlessly tied together plot, characterisation and gameplay was incredible, and this was a huge step backwards.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty dang pleased that the fists fourth aspect turned out to be CLAWS, always a fave and they're actually good which helps because I swear claws usually have a tendency to be underpowered.
Stacking its unique maul attribute, doom attack and weak dash with various boons that decreased enemy speed when mauled and added continuing doom on weakened foes, just multi dashing in with the weak AoE into maul and doom combos, glorious.

Kientin

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone bothered restarting on hell mode? Worth a try or nah.

I started right off the bat on hell mode. Now that you are more experienced with the game, I'm going to say nah. The only thing that changes is a unremovable point placed into the 20% damage, -25% health recovered, 20% increased enemies, +15% enemy health, and removed invul on hit slots on the pact of punishment right from the start (permanent 5 heat).

There isn't any extra dialog or anything. I guess if you really want to see how you really fare without all your upgrades at the start with the handicap, go for it haha.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
Interesting, I'll have to try this combo out. I've been getting a little reliant on my tried and true combos, so this will be a good way to start experimenting more.

Also, I haven't been really paying attention much to discussion for this game to avoid spoilers, but what is generally considered an impressive clear time? I think 20:00ish my top time at the moment.
I think 20 is mad fast. My faster is 21min with 17 heat and extremer measures, i posted the screenshot above. I got the Ice Wine boon pretty late, at Elysium. I think there's potential to be faster if I got it earlier and use the pom keepsake.
If you manage to get Ice Wine, try to increase your cast amount for maximum carnage.

Deleted member 30935

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I think 20 is mad fast. My faster is 21min with 17 heat and extremer measures, i posted the screenshot above. I got the Ice Wine boon pretty late, at Elysium. I think there's potential to be faster if I got it earlier and use the pom keepsake.
If you manage to get Ice Wine, try to increase your cast amount for maximum carnage.
Wasn't able to get Ice Wine yet, but I was messing around with Trippy Shot and I see what you mean. Was clearing out rooms on the final floor in less than two seconds, haha. Definitely going to try and base a build around that next time.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
This game never ceases to delight me in small ways. I was fighting Hades with the Hades Call keepsake equipped. Once I had all 4 gauges full and triggered the call, Zagreus yelled "FATHER!" and Hades (the boss) yelled "WHAT?!" 🥰