• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tabs

Oct 26, 2017
I spent so much time eating up all the extra material in this world: forums, news web page, etc. Plus I watched the first log on the terminal disc. Definitely all you need to learn, or refresh, about what happened before G.U.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017

Knows No Bounds
trophy_silver.png

Raise Haseo to level 150 in Vol. 3 or Vol. 4. (Using Cheat Mode does not count.)

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
It's finally here! Game of the weekend.

Edit: I'd love to change the music playing in my PS4 theme to any OST in this game. They are my favorite of all time.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ho boy, I forgot how slow downloading on the PS4 is. It initially took about two hours to download but then I looked and only Volume 1 and 4 are ready to play. The download actually isn't even halfway done. It's been about four hours now and it still isn't even at the halfway mark. I wanted to take a look at the Terminal Disc and Parody Mode before starting my playthrough but I guess that's going to have to wait cause it's going to take ages before this thing is fully downloaded.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to spend a lot of time switching between this and AC:O over the weekend. I actually wish the release could of been next Tuesday or Friday since I don't like splitting my time between single player games, but I'll make it work!

Played the original series when they came out and then bought them again about five years ago, but only played through the first game again. Never got around to G.U., so I'm looking forward to it.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Ho boy, I forgot how slow downloading on the PS4 is. It initially took about two hours to download but then I looked and only Volume 1 and 4 are ready to play. The download actually isn't even halfway done. It's been about four hours now and it still isn't even at the halfway mark. I wanted to take a look at the Terminal Disc and Parody Mode before starting my playthrough but I guess that's going to have to wait cause it's going to take ages before this thing is fully downloaded.
If you want the download to be faster, you can do one of the 4 things (I'm not listing using a wired connection over wifi, because that one's kind of obvious, but not available to everyone):
- Pause, wait, and resume until the speed is good.
- Put your PS4 in the standby mode, supposedly this increases download speeds
- Use the proxy "trick"

jeffrockz312

Oct 27, 2017
damn. I went to a local store and it's out of stock on the first day. I was too late. It'll be next week before they get stocks. fml.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Picking my copy up today, but I don't even know when I'm going to play. I'm addicted to Super Mario Odyssey right now.

dat ot title, lol

no comment about your post, just wanted to say I was surprised to see your avvy. I made that image a few months ago back on GAF, it's always funny to me to see it pop up in other places.

You made the best image. Thank you so much for making it

mejin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
anyone knows when we'll start to receive that 20% discount from the Digital Day One promo? I want to use it to get this game.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Amazon UK has delayed shipment, they seem to be scrabbling to find any copies in their warehouses to ship to me. Hm, so the game may have sold out then...(I pre-ordered, by the way). Not that bothered anyway since I already have plenty to be playing.

EvilRedEye

Oct 29, 2017
Amazon UK has delayed shipment, they seem to be scrabbling to find any copies in their warehouses to ship to me. Hm, so the game may have sold out then...(I pre-ordered, by the way). Not that bothered anyway since I already have plenty to be playing.

Mine has been Dispatching Now all day. I pre-ordered a couple of months ago. I think most retailers are kind of gouging on this and only Amazon and Argos are doing it for £30, so I'm not surprised they're having stock issues (Argos is sold out).

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot that I had the game shipped to my job. Won't be able to get it until Monday, since my job uses a 3rd party to get mail from the post office.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Mine has been Dispatching Now all day. I pre-ordered a couple of months ago. I think most retailers are kind of gouging on this and only Amazon and Argos are doing it for £30, so I'm not surprised they're having stock issues (Argos is sold out).

Mine's now changed to this, so it's definitely out of stock on Amazon UK now, good news for Namco & CyberConnect2, I guess:

Amazon UK said:
We'll dispatch your order as soon as possible.
Amazon UK said:
This usually happens when an item doesn't have a release date, it's pre-ordered, or it's out of stock.

Now it's gone up to 39.99. lol.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074VG7PGW/?tag=e100-21

29.99 was a ridiculous price for 3 games +1 additional expansion/game anyway. Hopefully this bodes well for the series future and does as well in other regions.

Last edited:

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How are the dungeons? I saw a few videos and it looked a little bland. Maybe it's different when you play it yourself.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
How are the dungeons? I saw a few videos and it looked a little bland. Maybe it's different when you play it yourself.
Boring, bland, samey with way too few variations. It was the biggest problem of the PS2 games for me and not much has changed. I guess you run faster in the remake, I guess.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Thanks for your honesty. Maybe the game isn't for me then.
I'm enjoying it much more than I thought (I finished the whole trilogy back in the day), but it's mostly because of the story/characters. For dungeons/fields watching something on the second screen or listening to a podcast is highly recommended (the musing is great though).

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just checked Parody Mode. It's pretty much the same as the video I posted before, not changed dialogue during regular gameplay. It's a bunch of new videos, looks like they brought back all of the VAs.

Edit: And OH MY GOD, I just FUCKING died watching videos 7, 8, and 9. I was not prepared for that. Fucking Ovan.

Last edited:

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know this was out today. Anyone know what the PS4 pro enhancements are, if there are any?

EvilRedEye

Oct 29, 2017
Base.com have stock for £34 if that's any use to anyone. Amazon are still promising they'll dispatch mine soon to get here for 9pm!

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How many hours would it take to get through all the volumes of this? I vaguely remember each being a pretty huge venture

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I haven't played in a long time I remember these games 1 & 2 being pretty hard for me at 11, I hope being more seasoned and better overall balance in the remake will allow me to excel!

I got stuck on one of those big boss battles in the arena with like a rose spider? Over & over I've lost so much information on this game.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know this was a thing that was coming out. I think I'll grab it.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the PC port is good. I enjoyed IMOQ, but never played GU despite owning all the games. I'm looking forward to finally playing them.

Meffer

Oct 25, 2017
Should be delivered by the time I get home today. I played a bit and watched my friend play when I spent the night at his place years ago. So owning the entire series is exciting.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
On PS2 I always got to the level cap each game since we had to wait months for the next chapter, but would that be worthy time-wise now? Or would it be better to grind early on the next entry?

Oct 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
Mine's now changed to this, so it's definitely out of stock on Amazon UK now, good news for Namco & CyberConnect2, I guess:

Now it's gone up to 39.99. lol.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074VG7PGW/?tag=e100-21

29.99 was a ridiculous price for 3 games +1 additional expansion/game anyway. Hopefully this bodes well for the series future and does as well in other regions.

I also have had my amazon UK pre-order (from several months ago) stuck on "shipping today - arriving by 9pm" all day. I've just got off webchat with customer support, and they confirmed they were out of stock before the initial pre-orders were distributed. I'm going to find out when the new delivery is tomorrow apparently. It's worth contacting them if you having recieved your order, as I got a free 30 days of prime and my unfulfilled pre-order marked as "high priority."

OP
OP
Dandy Crocodile

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
On PS2 I always got to the level cap each game since we had to wait months for the next chapter, but would that be worthy time-wise now? Or would it be better to grind early on the next entry?
They bumped up the automatic starting level in each entry and exp gain has been buffed so I don't personally think it'll be worth it still, no.

I just picked up my copy of .hack//G.U. Recode.

Does anyone know what anime series goes along with the game?
Corny pls... The OP :'(
Roots is the accompanying title here.