• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Et6ii5qXIAIwQda
lol

someone let kevin sorbo know she's available

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Good. That social media post sharing that antisemetic post was especially egregious. She just keeps sliding down that far-right pipeline, but while her previous opinions could have marked a point where she owned up to her ignorance when her opinions came under scrutiny, she has obviously put herself into the conservative white nationalist conspiracy echo chamber.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
For the best.

Even without the alt-right BS she made the show feel like Thunder In Paradise or some shit.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
With the shit she has been spewing and sharing, this seems like the only reasonable choice for them to do.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
"Cara Dune died on her way to her home planet" first of all that joke is beyond tasteless her planet was destroyed,second im gonna miss Gina Caranos world's class acting on the Mandalorian.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Its a shame she is so foolish but I'm more sad we have lost the character not the actress.

Why would you want to lose such a hot property job I'll never understand.

It's sad people think it's simply because of a "difference of opinion" when that's clearly not what this is.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
When we will see first actress really bulk up for a role? I think barrier to agreeing to that is quite a bit higher for a woman than for a man as there is still negativity towards women who are packing noticeable amounts of muscle.

Actresses do train for more physical roles, but they don't get bulked up or shredded like guys do.

You shouldn't have to bulk up for these roles in the first place.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
I wish WB did the same for Gal Gadot.
If only. But people stan on her too much and don't seem to care at all. Kinda typical if you ask me, fuck Gal Gadot.
America and Hollywood are in bed with Israel regardless, if something happens with gal it will go against American policy of 30 years
let me phrase this correctly , again America doesn't care how the people of Palestine have been treated

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
imagine losing those Disney checks just so you could shit post on twitter.

The Social Media and White Privilege Combo is a helluva drug apparently.

Edit: Perhaps Karanowned intrinsically, deeply, did not identify with Star Wars fans and looked down on them so much that she basically hated herself for working on the show, so she manifested a self-fulfilling sabotage.

Or one too many hits to the head and a cocktail of self-inflicted wounds and choices that sent her to the Hosnian system.

Last edited:

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
We don't know. My guess (and hope) is a recast, but we'll see.
I'm not sure it's needed really. With the way Season 2 ended, Din will likely be focused way more on pure Mandalorian missions and stories. No real need to keep bringing an "ex-Rebel Shocktrooper turned backwater constable" along on missions other than she was a previously established character who can fight.

Star Wars is PLENTY big to just bring on a new side character for Mando to interact with.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
If only. But people stan on her too much and don't seem to care at all. Kinda typical if you ask me, fuck Gal Gadot.

This is kinda ridiculous. Years ago she made a comment sympathetic to soldiers in the iDF, which she was a part of as part of mandatory service. It's unfortunate, but not surprising that when you're put through that system a narrow mindset about its justification remains. In the years since she's made comments that would be considered offensive to the Israeli government, including supporting Natalie Portman when she was under fire by Israel advocates for her boycott. That's more progressive on the issue than you'd expect from a star from that country. In no way is her stuff comparable to the horrible shit Carano's been spouting on the regular.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
You shouldn't have to bulk up for these roles in the first place.

Agree to disagree I guess then as I think if role is for character doing physically demanding feats (no matter how much they fake it with pullies etc.) then actor or actress should have some physical presence to sell it. How Hollywood goes about it now days with aggressive PED cycles to push unrealistic and unsustainable physiques is wrong way as it risks health of actors and gives people deeply false impression of what is possible via bodybuilding (without PEDs).

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
The only right thing to do, could've done it earlier though.

I hope they don't kill the character off, recast her. Is there an actress that is similar buff as Carano?

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Can people posting about how she's going to get a big GoFundMe payday or has a new career lined up for her on Fox News or whatever post some examples of that happening to other disgraced celebrities? Like when does this ever happen? These chucklefucks always seem to get their 15 minutes and then swept to the curb. How many shows are Roseanne Barr or Kevin Sorbo headlining these days?

JS3DX

Feb 15, 2018
She's had so many opportunities to shut the fuck up and self reflect - yet she didn't. I'm only pointing that out because the "cancel culture" reflexive reactionary crap is going to be all over the place tomorrow. It's so hard for me to understand how so many people bolt, nail and rivet themselves to shamelessly toxic viewpoints AND are public with it considering its grounds for immediate termination at most larger companies.

Basically this, she just went further and further with her (wrong) point of views and killed any chance she had to continue working with Disney.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can people posting about how she's going to get a big GoFundMe payday or has a new career lined up for her on Fox News or whatever post some examples of that happening to other disgraced celebrities? Like when does this ever happen? These chucklefucks always seem to get their 15 minutes and then swept to the curb. How many shows are Roseanne Barr or Kevin Sorbo headlining these days?
This is more of a case when it's a disgraced internet personality or people whose work they do csn be supported by something like Patreon. Because there are examples there of guys who can't make a living normally because of their views opening a patreon to support themselves and being fairly successful at least by patreon standards.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
This is more of a case when it's a disgraced internet personality or people whose work they do csn be supported by something like Patreon. Because there are examples there of guys who can't make a living normally because of their views opening a patreon to support themselves and being fairly successful at least by patreon standards.
I can name like 3 or 4 of them who earn a living from Patreon for more than a few months, and even if Gina was successful with that it would be a significant downgrade in pay for her.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissive Commentary Around Bigotry
I can get past people being morons. I mean, I'll judge them for it, but I'm strongly against the whole lynch mob/cancel culture hysteria thing.

In this case she really, really sucks at her job too though, so firing her is a no-brainer.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I can get past people being morons. I mean, I'll judge them for it, but I'm strongly against the whole lynch mob/cancel culture hysteria thing.

In this case she really, really sucks at her job too though, so firing her is a no-brainer.
There's a difference between being a harmless moron to being dangerously ignorant, hurtful, and toxic. You can decry "cancel culture" all you want, to me this just means fewer kids following the cool Mandalorian actor on Twitter and getting indoctrinated by hateful garbage

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure it's needed really. With the way Season 2 ended, Din will likely be focused way more on pure Mandalorian missions and stories. No real need to keep bringing an "ex-Rebel Shocktrooper turned backwater constable" along on missions other than she was a previously established character who can fight.

Star Wars is PLENTY big to just bring on a new side character for Mando to interact with.
She was probably gonna have an important role in Raiders of the Republic, on top of her own spin off (or maybe they were one and the same thing). It's not only for Mando.
But still, her character was one of the first allies of Mando, she's one of the few people he trusts, so I don't see them simply act like she never existed.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada

There's no such thing as "cancel culture." It's just people who have historically not been held accountable for their actions suddenly facing the same consequences as you and me when we say or do stupid shit. Getting fired for comparing being a Republican to victims of one of the worst crimes against humanity in the history of the world is not "cancel culture." That's just what happens when regular people do that.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
She is not a good actress in the first place and unimportant to the success of the show, she should have thanked her lucky stars she had the gig and just kept her vile thoughts to herself. Supporting Donald Trump does not make you like Jews in World War 2 Gina.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't even something that would fall under this "Cancel Culture" shit-talking, the stuff that ultimately led to her being fired is something that could've gotten her in legal trouble here in Germany.

Denigration of the Holocaust and/or it's victims is a criminal offense here.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Good, she promotes actively harmful lies on social media. A reasonable society has no obligation to tolerate hateful liars who repeatedly spread toxic misinformation.

Boo hoo, canceled for being a disgusting asshole. Sometimes there are consequences for how you choose to treat others.