• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
FromSoftware starts their games with everyone already dead, like what is GRRM going to do? Convince them to keep a few people alive a bit longer so that the player can helplessly watch their slaughter?
Sekiro has a pretty good take on wars, succession, duty, and resurrection, and everyone is still alive and mostly sane!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
What if...

It's just a fantasy new IP - and GRRM was paid to consult to give some high-level suggestions, just so that Bandai Namco can aggressively market it as a new game that is co-created by the creator of GoT and Souls.
It's probably this, and it sounds awesome

honestly if his involvement is minimal I'm fine with it because otherwise that means even less time on Winds ;_;

Additional [UNCONFIRMED] details about the game

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
From the Gematsu link in that tweet above [unverified, comes from a summary of the Spawn Wave video]
https://gematsu.com/2019/05/george-rr-martin-ive-consulted-on-a-video-game-out-of-japan

[...] which stated it is an open-world title on which George R.R. Martin is one of the lead writers, with various kingdoms to visit and abilities to obtain from killing the leaders of those kingdoms.
[...] is an open-world title (with horse riding) and collaboration between Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R.R. Martin published by Bandai Namco, which will be officially announced at Microsoft's E3 2019 press conference.

Edit: more, from IGN:
https://sea.ign.com/george-r-r-mart...rtin-is-reportedly-working-with-from-software
The game is currently described as a medieval open world game that is inspired by Game of Thrones. It is unsure if it will indeed be set in the same universe, but it is stated that George R. R. Martin is responsible for writing much of the lore and plot lines of this new title.

Bandai Namco will allegedly assume the role of publisher and the unannounced game will be set in a world filled with different kingdoms for the player to explore and interact in some level. When the player conquers one kingdom, they will be able to gain a new ability or skill and progress accordingly. It is also said that you can choose which ever order you want in regards to attacking the various kingdoms.

[...]
As of now, everything is still speculative and up in the air.

Last edited:

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017

hmm gematsu's pretty trustworthy imo
if it's bamco then it's definitely not xbox exclusive

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I hope it's not gonna be super super hard.

Like, hard as in Gimme God of War as default would be ok, just don't go beyond that and I'll be super duper in

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how BB fans will spin this one or people pretending it's gonna be exclusive.

Gonna be fun to watch this unfold.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
three_eyed_crow_by_margaw_d5ynrdp-pre.jpg

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice & Fire universe
Ambiguous time period, far removed from canonical events of both the books and show
Open world, non-linear landmass and quest structure
Cities, villages, ruins, etc
Ultimate objective to travel to each kingdom and assassinate the ruler
Dark Souls / Sekiro hybrid; methodical melee combat like Dark Souls, enhanced stealth systems and navigation gear from Sekiro
Play as an assassin who worships the Many-Faced God, able to shapeshift your identity to get closer to targets
Dabble with dark, misunderstood magics from the Many-Faced God, Old Gods, and Lord of Light

excuse me what now the real announcement is gonna disappoint me

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
There it is. Can't fucking waiiiiit uuuuugh.
I hope the E3 trailer won't be just a CG trailer ! Hoping for a gameplay trailer and a release date for early 2020, just like Sekiro marketing plan.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder (and hope) this is a next gen title because:

-GRRM as one of the co writers
-developed by From
-open world
-close to the start of a new gen

could set it as a staple for the whole gen easily.

Imagine how much can a game marketed as "From the minds behind Dark Souls and ASOIAF" can sell, jesus.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice & Fire universe
Ambiguous time period, far removed from canonical events of both the books and show
Open world, non-linear landmass and quest structure
Cities, villages, ruins, etc
Ultimate objective to travel to each kingdom and assassinate the ruler
Dark Souls / Sekiro hybrid; methodical melee combat like Dark Souls, enhanced stealth systems and navigation gear from Sekiro
Play as an assassin who worships the Many-Faced God, able to shapeshift your identity to get closer to targets
Dabble with dark, misunderstood magics from the Many-Faced God, Old Gods, and Lord of Light

Not to ruin anyone's parade but this does not sound like a Souls game.

It sounds more like an assassin's creed game with magic lmao

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Imagine how much can a game marketed as "From the minds behind Dark Souls and ASOIAF" can sell, jesus.
I can see it now. E3, MS conference:

Black screen
FROM SOFTWARE logo (crowd cheers)
"From the minds of Hidetaka Miyazaki (Dark Souls)..." (crowd cheers louder)
"...and George R. R. Martin (A Song of Ice and Fire)..." (ResetEra.com -> 502 Bad Gateway)

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Those damn westerners ruining Miyazakis godly vision

dood I just looked at your avatar and it caught me off guard lmao
giphy.gif

Regarding topic, While I like the idea of GoT influenced world, I would rather they focus on the dark medieval fantasy part of it and less on the "quest" aspect of it.
Take the lore influence and remain the rest untouched. Personally I feel From's game really shine when the story details are subtle.
Sekiro initially struggled with the plot being so plain and written out on the surface but I hope in the future From goes back to their roots.

Also their next game better have some deep sea exploration cuz that small portion of sekiro was pure Thalassophobia and awesome!

Last edited:

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
This was posted in the other thread but could this be legit?

v-FROMSOFT-s-new-game-for-E3-confirmed-Project-Rune-Dark-Souls-successor-Video-Games-4chan-2019-05-20-16-21-22.png

The other reports say it is called GR, this says it's Project Rune or "PR", someone else in the thread mentioned "Project Great Rune".

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Surprised to see such a quick turnaround for From Software's next game. I thought they'd be out of it until next gen after Sekiro.

Status
Not open for further replies.