• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

lol. I didn't think people would get this horny for Thoma, and I'm a thirsty mf myself.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

lol. I didn't think people would get this horny for Thoma, and I'm a thirsty mf myself.

I mean, if the same standards that apply to the female character designs also applied to the male character designs then, yeah, this would be what Thoma looked like. ;)

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Some beautiful fanart I stumbled over on Twitter:

E-EhcMVUcAEhJVi

By https://twitter.com/k_nonomo

E94FlwAUcAMSvWb

By https://twitter.com/theskysailor

E-GBoNeVkAA-3EN

By https://twitter.com/zerotabi1210

E-EMBbBVEAMHXvY

E-EMAwqUUAA7IVJ

By https://twitter.com/qrbits_

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
I'm getting anxious, game gave me Yoimiya too easily, it'll probably screw me over with Raiden.

I hope my 70 wishes are enough.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got a friend who got C4 Ayaka in $60 worth of pulls and then Yoimiya in 25 pulls (not dollars).
You people just take all the luck.

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone answer whether losing the 50/50 on pity pulls the 5 stars from the wanderlust pool? I can't get an accidental Kazuha or Zhongli, right?

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Or your friend is a lying whale :)
Expanded a little bit.
I didn't see their Ayaka pulls, but I was there for their Yoimiya ones.
Can someone answer whether losing the 50/50 on pity pulls the 5 stars from the wanderlust pool? I can't get an accidental Kazuha or Zhongli, right?
No, those are limited characters, not available in Wanderlust Invocation.
You can only get Jean, Mona, Diluc, Keqing, or Qiqi there, as far as characters go.
You can get any one of a bunch of 5 star weapons though, you're never guaranteed a character.

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
I Ayakka right at 90. Does that mean I have to potentially grind through 90 wishes on Raiden and get QIQI???

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, the only units that can spook you are standard banner 5* units: Diluc, Jean, Mona, Keqing, and the dreaded Qiqi

I wish I could get spooked by Kazuha and Zhongli.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I hope I get Raiden Shogun early or just complete my standard 5* collection with Qiqi maybe even be lucky and pull two 5* in one ten pull. I'm aiming for C2 and her Weapon before the banners end.
I Ayakka right at 90. Does that mean I have to potentially grind through 90 wishes on Raiden and get QIQI???
Yes. Hopefully you get you next 5* early.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, getting a character within 25 pulls isn't crazy. The chance of getting 5 Ayakas in 30 pulls is 0.0000032%. Probably closer to 0.000004-something% if they managed to get a couple extra 5 stars thrown in there, which would make it even crazier.

Pretty sure your friend is a filthy lying whale. Which is reaaaaaally common. People don't want to admit to their friends that they whaled, so they'll just spout out some number so that you can awe in their luck instead of feeling pity for them. Happens in every game.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Again, expanded more.
It wasn't 60 pulls, but $60 worth of pulls.
Still insanely good odds.

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
Thankfully, with the crystal reset and 3 hundo in PSN cards I can (hopefully)get my XingLing to constellation 4!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
My earliest pull is still Childe at 26 pulls when I only wanted Rosaria. I only got her 11 pulls after him.

Mine is Zhongli, managing to get him on my literal very first multi when I was threatening to quit the game if I didn't get him. And then I got a dupe off of a single pull after that. I was like "oh I see what you did, Mihoyo".

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My earliest pull was C1 Xiao, the ten pull directly after C0 Xiao. So within 1-10 pulls. Out of all characters him, who I don't even care about or use. :/
Other than that I usually pull 5 star characters in 80-90 pulls.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I'm hoping to get C2 after flirting with the idea of dipping into the weapon banner and deciding against it. But I'm going to need a bit of luck, I don't mind throwing a bit of money at it - but nothing crazy.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Having never won a 50/50 I don't even contemplate the idea of 5* constellations. They might as well not have any as far as I'm concerned.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Having never won a 50/50, I don't even contemplate the idea of 5* constellations. They might as well not have any as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah. I honestly think the constellation system is completely and utterly unfair and skews the game too far toward whales, especially for how hard it is to get new units and the fact that most (all?) non-launch 5*s are limited characters who don't return for months. They should have implemented a "general constellation" item by now. Other gachas do that. We're a year in and that QOL feature still hasn't been introduced yet.

Instead, it's just like "oh, you want your shiny new 5* to be useful? fuck you, keep pulling".

Status
Not open for further replies.