Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I honestly think the constellation system is completely and utterly unfair and skews the game too far toward whales, especially for how hard it is to get new units and the fact that most (all?) non-launch 5*s are limited characters who don't return for months. They should have implemented a "general constellation" item by now. Other gachas do that. We're a year in and that QOL feature still hasn't been introduced yet.

Instead, it's just like "oh, you want your shiny new 5* to be useful? fuck you, keep pulling".
It's wack how we don't have a shards/fragment system for cons and not a single new 5* added to the poll.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's wack how we don't have a shards/fragment system for cons and not a single new 5* in the standard poll.

Exactly. This is the kind of QOL improvement they should be doing for the one-year anniversary. You don't even need to make the constellation items common - make them rare, something you have to COMMIT to using. But something you have access to in order to strengthen your favorite 5-star without waiting six months and breaking the bank twice (or more) to do so.

Instead we get nothing, just lots of waifu-bait banners back to back to back. It really shows where their priorities are - whales, and no one else - right now.

There's no 5* that isn't good enough at C0.
I really don't give a shit about 5* constellations, they don't exist as far as I'm concerned and it hasn't made the experience worse ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I legitimately can't imagine Zhongli functioning without his double spires.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
You don't get a C4 5* character within 60 pulls. Whoever claims that is lying. Guess who also has a C4 Ayaka? Me. It took everything I had to do it.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
I'm at 71 on my pity and I have 200 rolls banked, if I win the 50/50 I'm going to try for C2, if not I'll stick with C0 and see where a 33% chance on the scam banner takes me

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
You don't get a C4 5* character within 60 pulls. Whoever claims that is lying. Guess who also has a C4 Ayaka? Me. It took everything I had to do it.
Thirty pulls*

Hate to drive it home, but when people lie about their pulls to that insane of a degree, it makes people feel bad. Gacha is shit, no matter the game, and someone saying that they got that incredibly lucky makes others think they can too. So they'll pull, and then when they don't get the same (or even remotely similar) results, they feel like a failure.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Lol the only time I got a 5* character not a pity was Albedo C1 after 23 pulls and I didn't want him (but now I love the guy and I couldn't live without my geo crew).
Anyway I'd play the game more safely if there was a sort of mechanism for which if you lose the pity you get another character out of a restriced pull of promotional ones; example, you lose Raiden and you get either Klee/Albedo/Jean, and on the next banner if you lose the 50/50 instead of Kokomi you get Childe/Ganyu/Qiqi and stuff like that. After finding all the 5* of the standard pool, my motivation in getting new characters is dropping and I'm more inclined in getting 5* weapons instead

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Well I've been using him with just one for a couple months for every content in the game and let me tell you, he does his job just fine like that.
Do they make characters better/more convenient? Sure. Does it matter? No.

Well, I'm glad you're getting use out of him. He was an absolute game-changer for me when I pulled him. Then getting Diluc a few months ago was like the sun finally rising on my account.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
There's no 5* that isn't good enough at C0.
I really don't give a shit about 5* constellations, they don't exist as far as I'm concerned and it hasn't made the experience worse ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I feel like Hu Tao isn't good enough at c0. I really don't like using her. He big damage comes from her charged attacks, but burning through just a couple charged attacks feels really bad because then you're out of stamina to dodge out of the way from attacks, which you really need to do because she'll be low on life due to her entire kit revolving around that. Pairing her with Zhong Li for the sheild is a God send, but on her own I really do not like using her. If I had her at C1 however, it would fix the major issue I've had when playing as her.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thirty pulls*

Hate to drive it home, but when people lie about their pulls to that insane of a degree, it makes people feel bad. Gacha is shit, no matter the game, and someone saying that they got that incredibly lucky makes others think they can too. So they'll pull, and then when they don't get the same (or even remotely similar) results, they feel like a failure.
That's my life.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I honestly think the constellation system is completely and utterly unfair and skews the game too far toward whales, especially for how hard it is to get new units and the fact that most (all?) non-launch 5*s are limited characters who don't return for months. They should have implemented a "general constellation" item by now. Other gachas do that. We're a year in and that QOL feature still hasn't been introduced yet.

Instead, it's just like "oh, you want your shiny new 5* to be useful? fuck you, keep pulling".

It's honestly kinda bizarre that constellations work the way they do given that every banner is limited and reruns barely ever happen. It's kinda dump everything you have/whale right when the 5* comes out or have none forever (unless they're in the Standard pool). You can't even give them money for it later.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
i tend to get five stars in around 50 pulls

every time i get diluc, he shows up within 30 rolls. it's like he feels bad for ruining my chances so he shows up early so I can still get the five star I wanted

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's honestly kinda bizarre that constellations work the way they do given that every banner is limited and reruns barely ever happen. It's kinda dump everything you have/whale right when the 5* comes out or have none forever (unless they're in the Standard pool). You can't even give them money for it later.

Exactly. The constellation system just doesn't make sense for 5* units...unless it's specifically intended to target ultra-whales and no one else. That seems to be their thinking, and it sucks. There can't even be THAT MANY people willing to throw down $2000 for a single character, so I don't know why they'd bother implementing that.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Thirty pulls*

Oh that's right, I see they clarified it was $60 worth of pulls.

And yeah, I totally agree it hurts the community when people lie like that. Good luck on your pulls everyone!!!! Don't expect to get lucky, go in with the worst case scenario mind set of hitting those 80-90 pull pities and you'll be much better off.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be curious if your friend would mind linking up to paimon.moe or genshin-wishes.com

I'll eat all the crow in the world if they were telling the truth. But it really bothers me when people brag about luck just because they're ashamed of their whaling. Maybe it'll be a wake up call to them not to whale if they're called out on it. Sometimes a little shame is good. I know I spent a couple hundred chasing units in this game, and after telling my brother that he laughed at me. So no more chasing units.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
E-IS7B5UUAknZVj

I've put the fossils out to pasture, now we're just waiting for Raiden to join them

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Hu Tao isn't good enough at c0. I really don't like using her. He big damage comes from her charged attacks, but burning through just a couple charged attacks feels really bad because then you're out of stamina to dodge out of the way from attacks, which you really need to do because she'll be low on life due to her entire kit revolving around that. Pairing her with Zhong Li for the sheild is a God send, but on her own I really do not like using her. If I had her at C1 however, it would fix the major issue I've had when playing as her.

I agree. Constantly fighting against the stamina meter with C0 Hu Tao isn't fun and I find myself not using her too much because of it. Her C1 is a huge QOL improvement and it's really the only constellation I wish I had, but I'll definitely try to get it when her rerun comes around. Just sucks that it's even a constellation at all tbh. It's such an integral aspect of her kit.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Jean is my only 5* with constellations at C2. I wanted C2 Klee but saw Kazuha coming so I saved for him. I now want C2 Raiden and if Ganyu rerun happens I want her C2 to unless someone like Hu Tao/Albedo/Xiao reruns are close to her then I'll just C1 her. Yoimiya and Kokomi will have to wait for reruns for me to get them.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be curious if your friend would mind linking up to paimon.moe or genshin-wishes.com

I'll eat all the crow in the world if they were telling the truth. But it really bothers me when people brag about luck just because they're ashamed of their whaling. Maybe it'll be a wake up call to them not to whale if they're called out on it. Sometimes a little shame is good. I know I spent a couple hundred chasing units in this game, and after telling my brother that he laughed at me. So no more chasing units.
Sure, I'll let em know later.
I may be missing some information too, but they're not the lying type or anything, just for the brag.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I agree. Constantly fighting against the stamina meter with C0 Hu Tao isn't fun and I find myself not using her too much because of it. Her C1 is a huge QOL improvement and it's really the only constellation I wish I had, but I'll definitely try to get it when her rerun comes around. Just sucks that it's even a constellation at all tbh. It's such an integral aspect of her kit.
Whenever she's comes around I'm pulling for that c1 myself.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I really thought 2.1 was today :( One day I'll learn.

Oh well another day to throw resin at the artifacts for Baal. Kinda regret only doing it now. Have two kiiinda workable pieces but will likely have to throw my Beidou 2 TF 2 NO on her for a while.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly as someone whose only 5*s are still Klee and Keqing, the constellation that actually has the "oh that would be a gamechanger" for me is... Klee's C4, because it's "oh, you hit burst on Klee by accident instead of switching to different character first like you meant to? well, now that's not a complete waste".

and there is no way that is ever happening, lol

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I had enough of stamina babysitting with Keqing, so I wouldn't pull for Hu Tao with her C0 being more of that.

My only 5* with constellations is Keqing. Her C2 legitimately looks like a joke.

xOgUuyD.png

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got my first "great fortune" at the shrine today along with the achievement... could this be destiny, or is Yae a fraud? I can't wait to find out.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly as someone whose only 5*s are still Klee and Keqing, the constellation that actually has the "oh that would be a gamechanger" for me is... Klee's C4, because it's "oh, you hit burst on Klee by accident instead of switching to different character first like you meant to? well, now that's not a complete waste".

and there is no way that is ever happening, lol

Klee burst is low CD/low energy. Even if you completely mismanage it, it comes back fast, and Klee's main power comes from mixing auto and charge attacks, so the hero is still doing DPS. Unlike something like Xiao, where if you waste the ult, you are in a much greater loss of damage.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have a C1 Jean. Lost the 50/50 on the Yoimiya banner and got Jean and then like a week later she showed up on a standard pull.
Not sure I would ever chase constellations though.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had enough of stamina babysitting with Keqing, so I wouldn't pull for Hu Tao with her C0 being more of that.

My only 5* with constellations is Keqing. Her C2 legitimately looks like a joke.

xOgUuyD.png

It fits as she's a joke character.

Jokes aside, I feel Jean and Diluc are the only standard 5* units where I'm happy to get dupes of them. One away from C6 Diluc, one of the reasons why switching to another pyro DPS like Hu Tao or Yoimiya doesn't appeal to me at all.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, getting a character within 25 pulls isn't crazy. The chance of getting 5 Ayakas in 30 pulls is 0.0000032%. Probably closer to 0.000004-something% if they managed to get a couple extra 5 stars thrown in there, which would make it even crazier.

Pretty sure your friend is a filthy lying whale. Which is reaaaaaally common. People don't want to admit to their friends that they whaled, so they'll just spout out some number so that you can awe in their luck instead of feeling pity for them. Happens in every game.
This girl has spent a fair amount of this game. She disclosed her spending a while back. But sometimes you just get lucky. It does happen. I don't think we need to resort to calling someone we don't know a filthy liar lol.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
Did you at least give imprisoned Venti the nice cold glass of whatever he asked for? :(
He's there to repent, not have a good time! Although funny enough the next line of Zhongli that popped up was fine tea, but I think if I gave Zhongli an ice cold glass of fine tea he would subject me to the wrath of the rock

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This girl has spent a fair amount of this game. She disclosed her spending a while back. But sometimes you just get lucky. It does happen. I don't think we need to resort to calling someone we don't know a filthy liar lol.

That video isn't showing me a C4 5* character in 30 pulls.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017

Just saying, the odds of that happening are nearly 16x as likely as what was posted.

Again, if I'm wrong, awesome. I truly am happy. But it's very dangerous to post these extreme claims when there are very vulnerable people out there. This genre is a cesspool. And I'm not blaming Busaiku or their friend. I've felt shame and lied before.

Last edited:

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So, with Aloy being free, does that mean she will not be pullable? Will she not have constellations? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.