• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
This is why I don't get why people try and go after every single character. Where do you get all of your resources from, upgrading every character?

You just have to figure out what kind of pacing the game allows and then plan around it. I've got 11 level 90 characters right now, which averages out to about one every three weeks. Not-so-coincidentally, that's how long the banners last. So every time a banner comes along you can either build a new character or drag an older character off the bench and raise them up.

Knowing what to expect makes it easier to be patient and really reduces frustration. You know what benchmarks you're aiming for. Genshin's progression is verrrrry slow, and it's time gated, but it's consistent and predictable.

Admittedly, I usually buy the battlepass... but leveling to 90 is unnecessary and I haven't been perfectly efficient with my resources (I have 1 80 and 2 70s in addition to the 11 90s, and they're basically benched.) Related: I got Mona to 90 a couple of days ago and that means I've been able to start banking purple EXP books. They're already piling up at a decent clip.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ayaka burst is cracked lol. Makes saving for her that much easier after seeing that video. Also RIP whoever leaked that. Full UID and dmg numbers...oof.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
This one's the Yoimiya vid. I've read she can't vape every hit because she applies pyro too quickly, theorycrafters were saying overloaded comps with Beidou/Fischl would be better for her.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This one's the Yoimiya vid. I've read she can't vape every hit because she applies pyro too quickly, theorycrafters were saying overloaded comps with Beidou/Fischl would be better for her.

True. Overload's main problem is that it knocks opponents away from you, but that wouldn't be a problem for Yoimiya.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This patch has felt really dead after the first week, it's some real whiplash.

Islands were great but it only really lasted for a few days as the overall actual explorable content was pretty narrow due to the majority of everything just being water. Then the patch basically forgets they exist and we get an underwhelming Archon quest, a CD extension spam boss copy-and-paste, and a lot of nothing. Why is the boss fight event even in Liyue.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017

HoYoLAB - Official Community

HoYoLAB is the community forum for Genshin Impact and Honkai Impact 3rd, with official information about game events, perks, fan art, and other exciting content.

welp, we will getting the KFC wing glider soon

"〓Update on June 30, 2021〓

Dear Travelers,

In order to bring you an even better gaming experience, the exclusive stylized wind glider is currently under preparation. The acquisition method will be postponed until July 2021, when it will be announced on Genshin Impact's official social media accounts. Once again, Paimon would like to thank all Travelers for their support and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause ><"

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Genshin-Impact-KFC-1.jpg

Give the outfits. Gliders are zzzz.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017

nice absolutely fucking bonkers crit dmg jesus christ

even my best artifacts barely get to 150 seems easy to do

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
because she is using the new 45 star bow with Crit DMG (i thing %64 Crit DMG).
all right so i'd get about 200 then 😔

unrelated:

lol i got a wolf's gravestone from the slow standard battle pass pity and threw it on xinyan and she's instantly doing as much physical damage as razor did with the skyward pride, and i only threw average artifacts on her just so she wouldn't be useless during friendship building exercises, where i had razor built optimally (with what i had)

maybe i'll try razor in the abyss next time around for fun

edit: also it's only level 60 and the skyward pride is 90 😔

EDIT: OH!! right, abyss just reset, so i can try now haha

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
ya know, I wonder why the hell they put the introduction and so far only story content of scaramouche, one of the goddamn harbingers in a time limited event

I started playing in february and I have no idea who the fuck this dude is

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
aight it's rare that i complain about events but this kaboomball sucks

it's so slow and boring and tedious and these "challenges" are all just grindfests

FEELS, BAD, MAN,

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving Pong, it probably helps that you get practice with the controls earlier in the patch and it happens to be one of the more PS4 friendly mini-games besides Tower Defense, Windtrace, and gliding/boat racing mini-games.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving Pong, it probably helps that you get practice with the controls earlier in the patch and it happens to be one of the more PS4 friendly mini-games besides Tower Defense, Windtrace, and gliding/boat racing mini-games.
see i actually liked the shorter challenges earlier in the patch, because they were short? this is just so long, and not challenging at all

it needs to be more dynamic, and give me like weird powers, and and... something, i dunno

EDIT:!!! i figured out the main thing that i don't like compared to the previous stuff... the balls don't bounce

the bouncing and increasing speed is what made it fun, but now they just shoot out at the same speed over and over, with some slight variation depending on ball type

also the lobs are fucking impossible to gauge for me lol

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
aight it's rare that i complain about events but this kaboomball sucks

it's so slow and boring and tedious and these "challenges" are all just grindfests

FEELS, BAD, MAN,

I completely agree. This has to be my least favorite event in genshin ever if this is what it will be the whole time, just horrible.

Everything about it is tedious and the controls/response on mobile is super janky. :(

Wisker

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 24, 2018
Ayaka showcase:

Yoimiya showcase:

We love an ice nuke and an fire-infused machine gun

Everytime I decide to save for Ayaka, a video comes out showing how fun it is to play as Yoimiya, then when I switch to saving for Yoimiya the same thing happens with Ayaka...I want off this decision making roller coaster!

Isn't the new 4-star dendro character suppose to come out as well next patch?

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
i want an electro healer

no particular reason, it probably wouldn't offer anything truly unique but... it's the only one that doesn't have a healer!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they give players a "cool off" period and do a Ganyu/Xiao re-run before Raiden (assuming you already have Ganyu, of course), but I kind of expect them to keep the Inazuma train going to drain as much money from people as possible. :(

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
There have been different "leaks" that say different things. It will likely be either Baal and another new 5 star or the Ganyu/Xiao re-run that has been heavily rumored.
I really hope they give players a "cool off" period and do a Ganyu/Xiao re-run before Raiden (assuming you already have Ganyu, of course), but I kind of expect them to keep the Inazuma train going to drain as much money from people as possible. :(

Saving for Baal myself so would love to see her after these two, but yeah, I suppose it would be a good time to give others a break. Wouldn't surprise me if fair few people go for both upcoming five stars.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Highly doubt that.
What I can see happeneig though is Lumine being much more prominently featured as the antagonist of the story. She hardly showed up before that one revelation, now she will probably be much more front and center in the story.

Lumine players stay winning. I guess a lot of the Aether stuff is before they got more demographic and popularity breakdowns.

On the contrary, before Genshin blew up in popularity and with that gained a much more diverse demographic of players, it was Lumine that was favored, both by players (because she was "waifu" in a waifu game (Aether who?) and that was also reflected in early media promotion by Mihoyo too. They pretty much switched between the two siblings, Lumine taking the lead overall though. I actually talked to a Mihoyo emplyoyee about that, because I studied marketing and found it interesting.
Only after the big demographic shift post release Aether has risen sharply in popularity and Mihoyho committed to make him the canon protagonist and Lumine the canon antagonist, at least in promotion material (in game lore they are both canon for being the protagonist and antagonist). I do expect that to stay this way and them not starting to flip flop again. That would be highly inconsistent and confusing.

Last edited:

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
i want an electro healer

no particular reason, it probably wouldn't offer anything truly unique but... it's the only one that doesn't have a healer!
Electro just needs more characters in general. The possibility we might get Electro Lumine is actually kind of hype.
I think the only reason we're going to have a big string of Inazuma characters is because a lot of them have already been made for a long time but weren't able to be put in the game due to lack of said Inazuma. Like half of them are 4* star as well, so we might be getting back to reruns sooner than we think.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I would want a little bit more time to save for Baal as well. But then again, with the new region next patch, it's expected to have way more primos than usual.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Highly doubt that.
What I can see happeneig though is Lumine being much more prominently featured as the antagonist of the story. She hardly showed up before that one revelation, now she will probably be much more front and center in the story.

I mean, Genshin Report is a leaker with a really long track record.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Same.

I don't really care to use them because nothing turns me off a character more than them being a lifeless husk.

The more I am invested in a character the more I want to use them and with this game's MC it's the opposite where my investment is below negative levels.

I am mad that aether didn't use his chinese name

I would totally play as a dude named Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.