• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone playing on mobile? I'm hoping that maybe the Switch will support cross saves and I can just continue on it.
I'm in that boat, playing on mobile and hoping to continue on Switch when it hits. It seems likely you'll be able to.
...And it can't happen soon enough; my poor thumbs keep getting numb from the blasted touch controls! They're darn good for what they are, honestly kind of amazingly usable -- but gosh dangit, games like this are just meant to be played with a controller.
Paimon is great, no idea why anyone would dislike her
Maybe the people who dislike her are playing in English, that'd do it for me. Just being forced to play the beginning of the tutorial with English voices (since for whatever blasted reason the menu to change it doesn't show up for like 5-10 minutes after you start) was almost enough to make me drop the game for the day and come back tomorrow.
Whoever decided to make her say her own name in 3rd person in the English script is a true villain... Especially considering she doesn't even do that in Japanese, despite it being decently common in anime and practically absolutely unheard of in English-first media. Maybe she does it in Chinese and the JP script is the one taking liberties, I wouldn't know. That'd be kind of amusing if true.

Last edited:

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but how should I be getting fates for extra beginner's pulls? Am I supposed to just spend gems or do I get some more from quests?
Don't spend primos on beginner pull fates. These (which are also used for the standard banner) are given out much more than the purple ones (if they give those out at all I don't know). You'll have enough standard fates for two beginner pulls by Adventure Rank 10 at the latest.

Kurumi

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
I got Beidou back. All is right with the world.

I also got Chongyun and him and Beidou are amazing together.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm in that boat, playing on mobile and hoping to continue on Switch when it hits. It seems likely you'll be able to.
...And it can't happen soon enough; my poor thumbs keep getting numb from the blasted touch controls! They're darn good for what they are, honestly kind of amazingly usable -- but gosh dangit, games like this are just meant to be played with a controller.

Maybe the people who dislike her are playing in English, that'd do it for me. Just being forced to play the beginning of the tutorial with English voices (since for whatever blasted reason the menu to change it doesn't show up for like 5-10 minutes after you start) was almost enough to make me drop the game for the day and come back tomorrow.
Whoever decided to make her say her own name in 3rd person in the English script is a true villain... Especially considering she doesn't even do that in Japanese, despite it being decently common in anime and practically absolutely unheard of in English-first media. Maybe she does it in Chinese and the JP script is the one taking liberties, I wouldn't know. That'd be kind of amusing if true.
I play in English and think her voice actress is doing great lol
It's the same one who did the voice for the playing helper in World of Final Fantasy too

teague

Dec 17, 2018
Don't spend primos on beginner pull fates. These (which are also used for the standard banner) are given out much more than the purple ones (if they give those out at all I don't know). You'll have enough standard fates for two beginner pulls by Adventure Rank 10 at the latest.

Awesome thanks, that's what I figured

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
So I shouldn't worry about 5 star characters right? Nice to have but not game changing? I got Bennett, Noelle, Chongyun and Razor. And a 5 star bow.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
Cant believe this game is free, we've come a long way from Farmville. I got Noel and Barbara from the beginner banner thing and then i got another Barbara from the Venti banner. Now im too afraid to do more pulls on that one because im sure ill get a third Barbara...

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Cant believe this game is free, we've come a long way from Farmville. I got Noel and Barbara from the beginner banner thing and then i got another Barbara from the Venti banner. Now im too afraid to do more pulls on that one because im sure ill get a third Barbara...

every dupe gives you materia to unlock their constellation.

I think Barbara's last constellation unlock gives a part member a free revive and full heal when they die once every 15 mins

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, did my beginner's pull and got nothing, and after doing some math it looks like trying for another one will cost me $15? Sure, the real cost is like $10-12 but that is ridiculous

greenbird

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's been asked, but do we know if progress will carry over from PS4 to PS5, either through backwards compatibility or a future upgraded version?

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Huh I am really enjoying this game. Currently adv lvl 11 but from my free rolls of 20, I ended up with 3 4 stars chars. Feeling screwed.

I'm sure it's been asked, but do we know if progress will carry over from PS4 to PS5, either through backwards compatibility or a future upgraded version?
Progress is account based. Use the same logins and you're fine.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
My advice would be to chill if you already got a 5 star. Play a week or two, make up your mind if you want the bard guy unit from limited banner (he'll be around 20 days), see how many limited currency you can buy at that point or keep saving. The rates are terrible and you should be really sure that you want a unit badly before using your primo gems on limited banner currency.

Good, I'm fine with the amount of characters already, I've 7 in total and feel like I can't keep up with them.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is the "Blessing of the Welkin Moon" item worth the $5? It seems like a good value if you're actually going to consistently play.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Ok and thats good? I have no idea who is a good character and who isnt.

She is a healer and thus a support.

From what I've seen/played, you want a main character to do basic attacks with (dps) and then people to use for support and healing. You can swap to her and use her skills to heal, then swap back to your damage unit to keep them topped off, and if you have that constellation ability, if they die, they will instantly revive and be at full health which can help with longer fights

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Cross-save situation with PS4 is a shame. Looks like it might run alright on integrated graphics so I'll probably go with PC/mobile so I can play both at home and on my work laptop.

This gameplay and artstyle mixed with gacha might be (slightly) dangerous for me lol, I'll have to be sure to keep things on lock.

Edit: People weren't kidding about the PC download being slow lol

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, I just went in blind, game seems pretty alright on my mobile. It looks lovely!

I got a Noelle on my first pull, no weapons above 3 star.
Then did a second pull and got two 4 stars (Xiangling, think she's a fire mage? Razor, some kind of electro ninja?) and a 5 star (Keqing, an electro swordsman?).
That any good?

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That's like half the standard price of a 10-pull in most any other mobile gacha game in the current market, though.
with like 10x worse rates than most of those others games too

Hmm, I just went in blind, game seems pretty alright on my mobile. It looks lovely!

I got a Noelle on my first pull, no weapons above 3 star.
Then did a second pull and got two 4 stars (Xiangling, think she's a fire mage? Razor, some kind of electro ninja?) and a 5 star (Keqing, an electro swordsman?).
That any good?
getting any 5* is extremely lucky

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
She is a healer and thus a support.

From what I've seen/played, you want a main character to do basic attacks with (dps) and then people to use for support and healing. You can swap to her and use her skills to heal, then swap back to your damage unit to keep them topped off, and if you have that constellation ability, if they die, they will instantly revive and be at full health which can help with longer fights
Aight, thanks for the tips. She is the only healer i got atm so ill keep her around i guess.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Probably been asked a bunch of times but as a big JRPG/adventure fan do think this game would be enjoyable to someone who doesn't want to spend a bunch a money on stuff?

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
So huh, various question:

1)how do I reroll? What are the steps?

2) the reason I'm asking is because I used the 2 10 pull you get (for reaching lvl7) and they gave me a character you get free for doing the third dungeon😥

(it is possible to roll a character you already have right?)

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017

2) the reason I'm asking is because I used the 2 10 pull you get (for reaching lvl7) and they gave me a character you get free for doing the third dungeon😥

1) create a new account via email, start the game again
2) yes, and dupes are used to unlock character talents

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019

Unless you have no interest in using that character there's no reason to reroll that. Just use it to unlock a skill in the Constellation.

I swear Barbara's got a huge rate boost. Everywhere people say they pull her multiple times.

Almost certainly just reporting bias.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Probably been asked a bunch of times but as a big JRPG/adventure fan do think this game would be enjoyable to someone who doesn't want to spend a bunch a money on stuff?

IMO Genshin Impact is apart from the Xenoblade games the best open world JRPG. There are not that many truly open world JRPGs, yeah, but I for example think it's significantly better than something like FFXV with its poorly planned and told story and very shallow and lifeless open world.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
So after the initial roll on the Beginner banner, what banner should I focus my rolling on?

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks everyone. It sucks that the only way to reroll is to create a new email. No way I'm doing that tedious task. I just hope that the dupe part doesn't bug out since I pulled the character before getting it free trough the story and i still haven't reached that "constellation" part

Phoenics

Apr 23, 2019
United Kingdom, Horsham
Feel pretty lucky landing a 0.600% drop from the wishes
V2MezBb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.