• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which input method are you using?

• Keyboard and mouse

Votes: 161 37.6%
  • Controller

Votes: 235 54.9%
  • Both

Votes: 32 7.5%

• Total voters

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone with a rx580? Every person here seems to use a high end card :( haha

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
How well does Gears scale? I'm not sure if my r9390 is up for the task. All benchmarks seem to go with high end cards.

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW, removing the Ultra Texture Pack and limiting the cinematics to 30 FPS has removed all stuttering from the game for me. Using a RTX 2080. Everything else maxed (including Insane settings) and getting great performance. I was getting great performance before as well with the texture pack installed and unlimited FPS for the cinematics but the stuttering got to be too distracting. Keeping it as is until they patch it or maybe a new driver fixes it.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Is HDR broken for anyone else? I constantly get a pink screen every time I boot it up in HDR

I get this in Sekiro. And Gears wouldn't load HDR at all for me. After 2 hours of fiddling with settings, try this in Nvidia control panel:
-use nvidia color setting, color depth 32bit, output color depth 8bpc, output color format RGB, Output dynamic range limited.

RGB is the key point. For some reason my AV receiver which can do X and Apple TV dolby vision with zero issues can't accept a 4k 60hz HDR signal from a PC unless everything is set to RGB. Not auto. Not 4:2:2. RGB.

This worked for me.

ZServ

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
nJ7Xrmg.png

I'm on 430.86. Runs great :)

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Can't keep 60fps at 4k Max settings on a 2080 ti/i7 7700. I still need to play through the first 5 games before I get to this one, so just gonna hope drivers and updates during that time help further. I hate turning down graphical settings, it's why I bought a 2080 ti. XD

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Was having heavy stuttering during Act 1 of the campaign—tried uninstalling the UHD texture pack, and it's been a lot smoother since. Not sure yet if that's due to the texture pack, or due to restarting the game. Shame, since the textures were looking great.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
Logitech devices across the board are having issues with audio, although it seems to be specifically headsets with virtual surround capabilities. Are you using Logitech speakers, per chance?
If I were a betting man, I'd put it more on 7.1 audio devices than Logitech devices. There's nothing special about their sound setup, the only real variable is the virtual sound uses an actual 7.1 audio input on the driver level. Has Coalition said anything about it on twitter or something? I sent them a report myself when the game initially launched but haven't heard back yet.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't keep 60fps at 4k Max settings on a 2080 ti/i7 7700. I still need to play through the first 5 games before I get to this one, so just gonna hope drivers and updates during that time help further. I hate turning down graphical settings, it's why I bought a 2080 ti. XD
This game is insanely well optimized. 4k Insane settings are for future cards.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Are you guys using the dynamic resolution scaling? It's a pretty awesome feature. I never notice it dip.

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Game looks great and i was able to max it out at 2560x1080p with i5 9600k and RTX 2060, but even though frame rate is at 60 the game stutters a lot at times, do you have this problem? any solution? i set it with no Vsync, minimum fps unlimited and max fps 60

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks great and i was able to max it out at 2560x1080p with i5 9600k and RTX 2060, but even though frame rate is at 60 the game stutters a lot at times, do you have this problem? any solution? i set it with no Vsync, minimum fps unlimited and max fps 60
1080ti i7 4790
I'm going with vsync off (for gsync reasons) and 60fps minimum and 144fps maximum (to max out the screens), unlimited for cinematics. Ultra on everything but not ultra textures, yet.
There is some minor micro stutter sometimes, a tiny hiccup. Is that what you see? I only notice this on slow camera pans, usually during cutscenes, haven't really thought about it during gameplay.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
1080ti i7 4790
I'm going with vsync off (for gsync reasons) and 60fps minimum and 144fps maximum (to max out the screens), unlimited for cinematics. Ultra on everything but not ultra textures, yet.
There is some minor micro stutter sometimes, a tiny hiccup. Is that what you see? I only notice this on slow camera pans, usually during cutscenes, haven't really thought about it during gameplay.

nah, the game has proper stuttering for some people, like 0,5 second pauses during gameplay. I had it too, turning off the minimum framerate thing mostly fixed it.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, decided to just hook up my PC to my TV just to get 4k HDR for this game and man does it look good! Settled with using the minimum framerate to 60 option and to be honest, the dynamic resolution scaling isn't really that obvious. My 1080 Ti gets me around 75% of 4k with the benchmark at max settings and it still ends up looking so much cleaner than straight 1440p while keeping framerates at 60 consistently. All games should have such a feature!

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Are you guys using the dynamic resolution scaling? It's a pretty awesome feature. I never notice it dip.
Ok, decided to just hook up my PC to my TV just to get 4k HDR for this game and man does it look good! Settled with using the minimum framerate to 60 option and to be honest, the dynamic resolution scaling isn't really that obvious. My 1080 Ti gets me around 75% of 4k with the benchmark at max settings and it still ends up looking so much cleaner than straight 1440p while keeping framerates at 60 consistently. All games should have such a feature!
Agreed.

The resolution scaling with my setup at 4k/Max settings (i7 7700k @ 4.9 GHz and GTX 1080 Ti with small 15 core OC) works very well and I hardly notice the resolution drops.

beeswax

Oct 30, 2017
dumb question but where are HDR settings in-game? Not seeing any options
Wondering the same thing. I'm using the Win Store version so is this one of those where you have to enable the OS HDR before launching the game?

edit: enabling HDR in Windows 10 (1903) has made a HDR option visible in the Video menu however if I enable it and say yes to save my settings, it just reverts to 'off'.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So outside of an ocassional stutter in a couple of cutscenes early in the game and late in the game, everything ran flawless from start to finish.

No framerate or frametime issues of any kind during play (felt like maybe 13 or 14 hours, as I was taking my time). Overall refinement and QC made it feel like a game with 3 or 4 months worth of post-launch patches. I almost forgot a game could launch without any clear issues that need to be addressed.

Very impressed by The Coalition and their work here.

bradonis

Aug 15, 2019
With this and Control it's nice to have some single player games on PC really pushing the graphics again. Felt like most of the best looking games I played in 2018 were on PS4 (God of War, Spider-Man) and PC got the most use in weirder games like Dusk and Obra Dinn. Screens look spectacular, can't wait to play even though I'm still on a 1070 (which actually seems fine)....
Very true I actually bought a ps4 soley for those games and also Detroit then sold it once finished. At least Metro saved the day this year and DMC was a nice addition leading up to this next batch star wars, ghost recon, cod and doom that will close the year on a high.

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Specs:

1080 ti @2 Ghz
6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
16 Gb DDR4 @ 3Ghz
SSD
GSync 165 Hz
Driver 436.15
Windows version

In-game benchmark:

zT2ZUzc.png

2560x1440, Ultra texture pack, settings max except FOV 85 and motion blur minimum.

Only played about an hour so far, so not reached the skiffing parts, but so far its been a stutter-free experience above 60 fps. Expect it will dip below at some point, it's hovered just above 60 on a few occasions already. I seem to be lucky though judging by this thread..

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
That poll i wasnt expecting.
I'm using the best of both worlds (not my exact controls but similar):

browse_configs.png

Specs:

1080 ti @2 Ghz
6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
16 Gb DDR4 @ 3Ghz
SSD
GSync 165 Hz
Driver 436.15
Windows version

In-game benchmark:

zT2ZUzc.png

2560x1440, Ultra texture pack, settings max except FOV 85 and motion blur minimum.

Only played about an hour so far, so not reached the skiffing parts, but so far its been a stutter-free experience above 60 fps. Expect it will dip below at some point, it's hovered just above 60 on a few occasions already. I seem to be lucky though judging by this thread..
Try these settings (it enables dynamic resolution while keeping you at 60 fps at max settings):

CjXaA18.png

Last edited:

Nezacant

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
dumb question but where are HDR settings in-game? Not seeing any options
Wondering the same thing. I'm using the Win Store version so is this one of those where you have to enable the OS HDR before launching the game?

edit: enabling HDR in Windows 10 (1903) has made a HDR option visible in the Video menu however if I enable it and say yes to save my settings, it just reverts to 'off'.
You need to turn on HDR in Windows first for the HDR options to appear in the game's options.

bradonis

Aug 15, 2019
My 1080TI and i5 6600 running between 50-60fps 4k maxed out, but alas I get annoying stuttering which sometimes devolves into an alarming beep sound 2hrs into game. Got the texture pack. Going to update drivers and see if that changes anything haven't updated in months...

FlyingLlama

Oct 29, 2017
Just done a mission where the frame rate was in the 30s throughout no matter the settings and the GPU usage was fine.. think that mission has problems!

The Lab

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any benefit to the ultra texture pack in 1080p? Will it impact the framerate provided vram usage stays below the limit?

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who is getting stuttering, are you using the Nvidia Low Latency set to Ultra? That causes stuttering in some games

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
RTX cards will probably get better results with the gaming ready drivers.

OC'ed GTX 1080 (11gbps) - 1440p - Dynamic Res Off - Ultra

gearsofwar5screenshot3qkxb.png

Cruddy

Oct 25, 2017
So outside of an ocassional stutter in a couple of cutscenes early in the game and late in the game, everything ran flawless from start to finish.

No framerate or frametime issues of any kind during play (felt like maybe 13 or 14 hours, as I was taking my time). Overall refinement and QC made it feel like a game with 3 or 4 months worth of post-launch patches. I almost forgot a game could launch without any clear issues that need to be addressed.

Very impressed by The Coalition and their work here.

Have you not been reading what other people are experiencing? lol

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Not wanting to trawl the thread, can any other 2080 users link to their benchmarks please?

Bonus points if you have a 3700x as your cpu.

Thanks!