• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Checked the store and seems like its a global release for this expansion. No earlier playing with NZ.

Here a timer until release

t1608033600z0.png

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
8/10

"The fun varied fights in beautiful new environments makes for a tense action packed expansion that never slows down.
Its a excellent reason to fire up Gears 5 again and see how amazing it looks and runs on a new Xbox Series X"

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Is this preloadable? Can't wait to play this. I'm coming in hot off of my first ever completion of Gears 5 campaign and don't mind some more!

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously? It's one of the most optimized games avail on PC.

How? Aside from some game breaking bugs and taking forever to load the main menu (using ssd) Gears 5 is one of the best co-op games ever made and easily the best of the Gears games. PC version might be buggier and less optimized than xbox, but it was a slog to even get a game started.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Oh dang this comes out tomorrow. Will re-download tonight. This got updated for Series X correct?

Jan 4, 2018
To me, Hivebusters points to a bright future for Gears of War, where one-off adventures and even anthology tales could be told, Monster of the Week-style, to satiate our appetite for more blood, guts, and viscera. So long as Microsoft can continue bridging great and inventive writers like Kurtis Wiebe onboard, I have a feeling The Coalition will be able to find plenty of weird and wonderful stories, encounters, and characters to explore in this more nuanced, truncated campaign format.
www.gamesradar.com

Gears 5: Hivebusters shows that there is a future for Gears of War beyond the Fenix family drama

The Gears 5: Hivebusters expansion is short, fun, and a must play for Xbox Game Pass subscribers

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Ultimately, I'm always down for more Gears. It's videogame comfort food to me at this point. Between this and the DMC5 Vergil DLC, time to clear some SSD space for reinstalls. (Wish I didn't presumably have to reinstall all... 110GB of Gears 5 just to play this, but whatever.)

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see the paid DLC is included with Gamepass, hopefully we see more of that moving forward.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
So is the DLC incorporated into the main Gears 5 campaign? I am just in Act 2 and just wondering if this is like a standalone campaign or is it part of the main campaign and it thrown in somewhere within the different acts?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
How do you preload this on Game Pass? Searched for it in the app and nothing comes up, shows up for purchase in the store.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, small world, I'm the artist that did that profile pic. It was in the launch firmware for XB1, and they've included it ever since, lol
Amazing little story to stumble upon :3

Nice work! Any other avatars you worked on? How'd the process go anyway? You gave a bunch and they chose?

So many questions lol.