• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

15 December
Included in gamepass ultimate. Nice

Return to Gears 5 with the Hivebusters expansion and undertake their first suicide mission. Explore the tropical Galangi islands, battle enemies with the team's ultimate abilities and confront a deadly new predator. Included in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

• Enjoy a new, 3-hour campaign set on the volcanic Galangi islands. The island lava flows and sandy beaches are crawling with Swarm and a deadly new predator.
  • Use and upgrade Ultimate Abilities in a campaign story setting for the first time.
  • Up to 3-player co-op, split-screen or online.
  • 16 new achievements to unlock for 210 Gamerscore
  • The expansion supports Gears 5 Xbox Series X|S optimizations, including reduced load times, quick resume, variable refresh rates and 4K HDR Ultra visuals on Series X.

20 dollars as standalone.

Last edited:

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Looks great. Makes me want to pick up Gears 5 for PC and finally get around to playing it.

Jan 4, 2018
tenor.gif

Gears 5: Hivebusters is the first Xbox Game Studios campaign expansion to join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate day-and-date with release.

GPU including DLCs from XGS games in the future would be great.

Up to 3-player co-op, split-screen or online.

I like this.

Last edited:

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
It looks absolutely fantastic.

Just finished Gears 5 on the Series X and Jesus, what an underrated game.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Fun trailer.

After playing these guys in Horde and Escape for a year it's nice to be looking forward to some narrative stuff with them! I've always mained Keegan.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
So damn happy to get some SP DLC. Gears 5 is the best game on Series X right now, MP is fantastic with 120fps and across the board the game is in a great place.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't all first party games come out the standard gamepass? or does this not count since its DLC?

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
fuck

I just deleted this off the SSD

mistake

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Gears 5 - Hivebusters on Steam

Return to Gears 5 with the Hivebusters expansion and undertake their first suicide mission. Explore the tropical Galangi islands, battle enemies with the team’s ultimate abilities and confront a deadly new predator.

20€ on Steam looks like.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
A nice surprise and something that'll actually make me go back to Gears5 despite how much I disliked it

Have they said where it's situated timeline wise? Seems like a post Gears4 but pre or mid Gears5

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
I love that Game Pass just keeps dropping little unexpected bonuses like this. You just can't complain with the value.

eDIGI

Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Now I'm a bit more curious about the TGS's this week. Was semi expecting this trailer to show up there!!

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Man this looks greeeat!

Could this be played standalone, or does Gears 5 need to be installed?