• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
This looks great! I wanted to play Gears on my Series X but I didn't feel like going through the campaign again, and I suck too bad at the multiplayer. A fun 3 hour technical showpiece sounds great!

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That's great!

Isn't DLC usually extra for Game Pass titles? I know a couple of games I tried the DLC was not included. Is this a one-off or does Microsoft include the DLC in their titles?
This is the first one. But from reading the article it seems its gonna happen more in the future.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
YOOOO! This looks fucking awesome hahaha! I was actually smiling nodding my head watching the trailer. Going to move this way up my list of games to play holy shit.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's great!

Isn't DLC usually extra for Game Pass titles? I know a couple of games I tried the DLC was not included. Is this a one-off or does Microsoft include the DLC in their titles?
This is the first DLC included in a non "complete" version of a game. Free for Gamepass Ultimate subscribers.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coalition are amazing, looks spectacular!

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
One achievement distription shows possible extra characters?
The Centaur Set
Max out each of the Anchor, Gunner, Pilot, Veteran, Brawler classes

Anchor = Mac, Brawler = Lahni, Keegan was tactician, tho... so. Maybe they changed his abilities to Pilot for this?
So, if that is the case we know who three of those classes refer to. What about the others?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Wait this is just for gamepass ultimate users. Not regular gamepass subscribers what is this bill shit

Yeah, Game Pass Ultimate gets additional perks (i.e., monthly items for Phantasy Star Online 2, bonus champions in various MOBA titles, etc ) that regular Game Pass users won't. The normal expectation of Game Pass titles is that you get the core game, but not expansions. This actually only makes sense as a perk for Ultimate, all things considered. It seems super reasonable.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
Looks great. I hope this is a little experiment that they are trying with the 3 person Co-Op experience. It has always been 2 players only. Which always felt weird when you and another person have a computer controlled character playing alongside you.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
The Centaur SetMax out each of the Anchor, Gunner, Pilot, Veteran, Brawler classes
So, if that is the case we know who three of those classes refer to. What about the others?

That achievement has been in the game for a few weeks now, since the operation 5 update. They're the new names for the Horde classes now that they've separated them from the characters.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
The Centaur Set

Anchor = Mac, Brawler = Lahni, Keegan was tactician, tho... so.

Maybe it's Hana Cole, she appeared on the trailer

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
tenor.gif

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Definitely in, 3 player co-op is so much fun on Gears

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Why do you think that? It is called Ultimate for a reason, because you get additional perks and services and it seems like Microsoft is going down the route of offering additional content as part of the higher tier subscription?

It is still offered as a standalone purchase if you don't want to subscribe to Ultimate.
You can still buy it šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø DLC is not normally included, correct?
It's available for all users, it's just that if you are subscribed on the Ultimate tier, you get it for free.

IIRC, Gears 5 Ultimate Edition is only available on the Ultimate tier.

Correct.
Yeah, Game Pass Ultimate gets additional perks (i.e., monthly items for Phantasy Star Online 2, bonus champions in various MOBA titles, etc ) that regular Game Pass users won't. The normal expectation of Game Pass titles is that you get the core game, but not expansions. This actually only makes sense as a perk for Ultimate, all things considered. It seems super reasonable.
I am sorry but if perks were exclusive skins or timed exclusive it wouldn't been an issue. Plus you also get xcloud and live free with GPU.
I was able to enjoy Forza 4 and all its dlc just by subscribing to pc GP. The reason I have gp is to enjoy all Microsoft offerings Anne not have to buy their content.

This is not how I imagined it will be in future. Imagine Netflix making exclusives just for its higher tier service

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
I am sorry but if perks were exclusive skins or timed exclusive it wouldn't been an issue. Plus you also get xcloud and live free with GPU.
I was able to enjoy Forza 4 and all its dlc just by subscribing to pc GP. The reason I have gp is to enjoy all Microsoft offerings Anne not have to buy their content.

This is not how I imagined it will be in future. Imagine Netflix making exclusives just for its higher tier service
Regarding the bolded - pretty sure that you weren't. FH4 DLCs are not included in GP on any platform.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

What ? lol

Even on Ultimate they didn't include any FH4 DLC, imagine on the "basic" service.

Gears 5 seems to be the first game to offer it's DLC / Expansions on the higher tier of Gamepass. And that's totally fair. Hivebusters isn't a new game or standalone: it's a DLC

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
The gameplay looks nuts! Really excited for this, and glad to see a 3 hour campaign - not too long, not too short, just right!

R1CHO

Oct 28, 2017
Looks cool, 3h standalone?

Awesome, to be honest Gears are not my jam, but I can do 3 hours if it's included with GPU.

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020

It's not like Game Pass Ultimate is the ONLY way to play, you can always just buy the DLC. Also, I don't think the Forza Horizon 4 DLC is in GamePass? I've been playing the game for like a month now and definitely don't have the DLC included.

Jun 10, 2018
It looks great, but too bad I'll be knee deep into Cyberpunk 2077. It'll have to wait until probably sometime next month. Also, it's fantastic that they included it with Game Pass Ultimate.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
The Centaur Set

Anchor = Mac, Brawler = Lahni, Keegan was tactician, tho... so. Maybe they changed his abilities to Pilot for this?

No, those were originally:

Mac (Anchor)
Clayton (Gunner)
Lizzie (Pilot)
Marcus (Veteran)
Cole (Brawler)

In the last update they separated the characters from their classes, so you can be Marcus as a sniper etc.

Jun 15, 2020
The Centaur Set

Lahni is a "Blademaster". Cole was the "Brawler". These are for Horde/Escape.

Jun 15, 2020
Looks great. I hope this is a little experiment that they are trying with the 3 person Co-Op experience. It has always been 2 players only. Which always felt weird when you and another person have a computer controlled character playing alongside you.
Hm? Gears 5 was 3 player... the 3rd player used Jack.

And Gears 3 was 4 player.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I already thought the intro to the Hivebuster mode was a really cool moment/mood, and having an actual story expansion built around that is awesome.