• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
You sure you copied the right code? It worked for me a few hours ago

Thanks, I tried again and it worked. Must have been a typo on my end!!

I read that sometimes when you copy and paste the code into the field, there's an invisible space character that gets inserted at the end that makes the code not work. It has happened to me on one occasion but you could always just enter it manually just to be sure.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017

The coupon will no longer work on digital stuff starting May 16th. This sucks.

Just catching up with the thread. Bummer, but expected. This month will be redemption #8, and I'd already come out absurdly ahead following the trade deals last Fall, so I can't really complain.

End on era in some sense. 100% digital on all platforms, and all but one of my gaming devices don't even run physyical media. Can't imagine having a reason to set foot in a GameStop again, at least not for the foreseeable future.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
When I used mine at the beginning of the month, the employee asked me if I wanted to renew since I had enough points to do so. However, I told them I'm waiting to see if there were going to be any changes to the membership this month (specifically mentioned the use on digital currency). They said they don't think that it is going to happen again after the backlash the first time. So either they didn't get the memo yet about the ToS change or that it really is just a nothing burger.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Well, it's not *official* yet. They are starting more restrictions on May 16th, to GIFT cards, and other things that it totally shouldn't be able to be used on, but it didn't explicitly mention eShop cards or the like. So it's still a big wonder right now.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Phew glad we randomly picked up our $5 codes yesterday while running errands with a GameStop nearby lol. Hope it still works, getting closer to paying for that expansion SSD lol.

Jan 13, 2022
I'll definitely not renew if this happens, but if they're losing money on the program it makes sense even if they're going to hemorrhage subs.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
A worker said I could use trade credit to buy Amazon Giffard up to 200 a day. Never tried, so don't know if that was true. But if so, I'm sure that's nuked.
I had $260 in GS credit, so I tried to get Steam gift cards for a Steam Deck. Took four visits to get through it all.

1. Internet was down, so no redemption was possible.
  2. Someone else used gift cards I guess, so I could only do $50.
  3. Got $200 on this trip, but couldn't get the last $10. Even tried to get a $20 GC. On the bright side got a free Lego Star Wars poster and Finn minifig.
  4. Finally redeemed the $20 and my monthly $5.

Tactical Tumbler

Sr QA Analyst
Verified
May 26, 2021
Were you able to check if ?
Looks like it still works
unknown.png

Edit: yep was able to checkout and get my code just fine.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having trouble getting the code to work after just getting back from buying a $10 PSN card from in-store. When I try the code on my cart online, I get a "Coupon cannot be added to your cart" error :(. Is it dead?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having trouble getting the code to work after just getting back from buying a $10 PSN card from in-store. When I try the code on my cart online, I get a "Coupon cannot be added to your cart" error :(. Is it dead?

Worked for me at the beginning of this month, but I'll see if that has changed in June

DarkLegion

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Haven't been keeping up but just used my $5 on a year sub for Nintendo Online and that worked.

If I redeem a $15 online coupon can I use it on some PSN credit?

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
Built up a healthy sum of about 70 dollars worth of eshop gift cards with double dipping. Sad to see it go.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Haven't been keeping up but just used my $5 on a year sub for Nintendo Online and that worked.

If I redeem a $15 online coupon can I use it on some PSN credit?

The coupons you redeem don't work for digital credit iirc, I got a $5 one a few months ago after redeeming 5000 points and it seemed to only work on physical items, and it ended up expiring because I didn't use it in time.

Slashkice

Oct 27, 2017