• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
Axelay 2, which was promised to you when you beat Axelay.

Gradius VI, which was claimed to have been in production for a bit, IIRC.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lots of people posting Star Wars 1313, but the fact that this Star Wars game never came out - has haunted me since it leaked all the way back in 2008. My best buddy and I played the SHIT out of (old) Battlefront 2, from when it came out, all the way through University. We'd set up our laptops between classes and play LAN games on mod maps (the modding community for that game was insanely awesome) - friends would come by and they'd be like "why are you playing this old game" etc. - but it was our game. Anyway, I remember a night back in 2008 (before University), we were talking about a hypothetical Battlefront 3, questioning where it was, etc. I google it for the hell of it and I'm suddenly hit with the below video. We both went nuts, we couldn't believe what we were seeing - and I think it was literally the day after this leaked, that it was confirmed to have been cancelled. It was like two incredibly powerful emotions, each one at the opposite end of the spectrum, and we had felt them within like 12 hours of each other. Instant joy, instant sadness - and I'm still sad about it.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
Hellraiser for the NES.

Something tells me it could have been something amazing to play these days.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Oh god where to begin...
prey 2
armada of the damned
And the original vision for enemy front, which was being made by the creator of black and was supposed to be a more arcadey and less serious experience from what I remember. They even planned to have modifiers, such as choosing to have a health pack system or a regenerating health system, plus other choices that I can't quite remember. It looked like it was going to be very my like inglorious bastards, and it's a shame it got turned into something super generic and uninspired. Wonder what Stuart Black is up to these days.
Speaking of inglorious bastards, brothers in arms furious four looked amazing as well, and it's a shame it got turned into battleborne (which is soon to be rip).

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
wild-key-art-09-ps4-us-18aug14.JPG.jpg

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Agent
Whore of the Orient
Indiana Jones game for 360

The three that come to mind. I'm sure there are a few others I'm forgetting.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
The main game I'm bummed about would be Silent Hills. PT was insane, and I would have loved to see the full vision with all of the people involved.

Second would probably be either Scalebound or Starcraft Ghost.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco

Zelda Wii U.

Hear me out:

Breath of the Wild was an amazing game, honestly it was a masterpiece, but it wasn't what I imaginied the original version of Zelda Wii U to be like in my head. Aonuma confirmed via interview that at the time of that trailer the game was very different. The world shown here though looks geographically quite different from the final product and part of what had me so excited initially was that the real meat of the game would be in the dungeons. I still want to visit the specific world shown in this trailer. I watched the old GameXplain analysis videos of that initial map so many times over. I got attached to it.

Do you mean the initial trailer? Or the Game Awards demo?

If the latter, did you ever see this video from us? Might help with your issue a bit haha

Edit: Nm i missed that you linked to the original trailer. I can't help you there haha

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Games we know were in active development:
Lord of the Rings: The White Council
Star Wars Battlefront 3

Dream games:
Obsidian's KOTOR 3
Star Wars: Republic Commando 2

EDIT: Star Wars 1313 never really interested me, seemed like a fairly boring 'triple A action game', but it still would've been nice if it had released to have something different out of Star Wars again than 'lightsaber'-games.

1. Silent Hills
2. Mega Man Legends 3
3. Castlevania 1999 Julius/Final Dracula Battle before Soma game.
4. That open-world Kirby game that would have have been a fully realized Blowout Blast with power ups:
2_1319679629.jpg

5. And finally, the console port of Hydra Castle Laybrinth that was teased to be coming to Switch along with 1001 Spikes (that never came to Switch either though), and Cave Story. Polygon did a video showcasing all three games on the system a few years ago:

It was said the game would have been reworked with added stages and everything, so I was really looking forward to it. It may still come around, since the character was in that puzzle fighter like game, but...I won't hold my breath.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Mega Man Legends 3 comes to mind. There was a playable demo that some people in games media were able to try out, and then they pulled the plug.

Joris-truly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
Prey 2's pitch sounded amazing. Even better when all got spilled after the debauchery.

After that, Agent i suppose, but after their heavily scripted/less and less systemic design in their last few titles, my interest has come down actually.

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Diddy Kong Racing 2 / Donkey Kong Racing. The GTA type gameplay sounded incredible and it's predecessor already felt like it was toying with the concept of dismounting from your kart judging by the neat intro/ending sequences.

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
Do you mean the initial trailer? Or the Game Awards demo?

If the latter, did you ever see this video from us? Might help with your issue a bit haha

Edit: Nm i missed that you linked to the original trailer. I can't help you there haha

I thoroughly watched the analysis for both! Many times! I also remember listening to the discussions where Ash was positive that after showing Zelda at The Game Awards it proved the Wii U was not dead lol. I also remember watching the 7 minute analysis of the 15 second clip we got after the Twilight Princess HD announcement where you (correctly) predicted stealth elements due to the grass.

Specifically though I have memories of watching the analysis of the original trailer where you guys zoomed in on all of the artifacts like the pyramid and the interesting trees and the villagers and the wooden stand and you all made the Mononoke comparisons. There were so many points of interest in that scene and we also had the quote from Aonuma that you could go to the mountains furthest in the distance which in the first trailer are just incredibly far away. That quote led me to believe that was the final world. It had been three full years since Skyward Sword after all and they had started development before that game had even shipped. After the game awards trailer I knew the world had changed though, and that kind of broke my heart because I had spent hours thinking about and getting ready to explore the world shown in the initial trailer.

Old Gamer Dad

Jun 20, 2018
Was that lightsaber fighting in a new game? I don't recall that in any of the RS games...

Yes they were going to have legit 1:1 motion lightsaber fights with the wii remote. They said they actually had it working really well.

The real kicker is that this game was done and ready to release then Factor 5 went under and all the Disney stuff happened. Factor 5 people have stated that they could still easily port this game to Switch and have it ready in a matter of a couple months. It is somewhere on a hard drive just waiting to be released. I still have some hope. Maybe Nintendo could step in and offer some money to Disney and EA to make it happen as an exclusive.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Star Wars 1313 hurt a lot but I also wish we got Starcraft Ghost back in the day. Also obligatory Half Life 3.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
For me, it was the canceled Naomi/Dreamcast game by Treasure called Gun Beat. It looked super quirky and fun, basically Treasure's take on Mario Kart and it looked fantastic. Apparently around this time Treasure's main programmer left the company so it's kind of a shame the game never came to fruition.

CvuBJxBWYAAeQxF.jpg

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Arika was working on a fourth TGM game but due to issues never ended up being finished and released.

2s.jpg