• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
It might be exaggerated but it still reflects the general reception towards the episode. Critic reviews on RT aren't far off either.

You really had to turn off your brain to enjoy all the decisions that were made this episode.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Down to 4.7 now, same as Dexter. I've been one of those saying this season is a huge letdown, but the finale doesn't deserve this. It was a good episode with a great last 20 mins, its just kinda ruined by previous episodes not being a good enough build up so none of it feels satisfying.

So judging as a standalone episode, it should be more like a 7/10 for me, but I guess a 4.7 (will end lower) seems right in the context of the ending as a whole being a huge disappointment. Episode 4 should be the lowest rated though.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
As usual some of the internet also goes that extra step to make something so corny. The finale was fine. Better than the last two episodes imo.

I mean after last week if you hated that why watch the finale and waste your time?

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Spamming; posting the same message in multiple threads
As usual some of the internet also goes that extra step to make something so corny. The finale was fine. Better than the last two episodes imo.

I mean after last week if you hated that why watch the finale and waste your time?

Textbook example of: Stages of a Toxic Fandom:
1. I love this
2. I own this
3. I control this
4. I can't control this
5. I hate this
6. I must destroy this

natural progression after some people saw the show didn't go their way or their theories.
Ppl liked being smartasses predicting the show, and then it didn;t happen. 1/10 lol

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
1. I love this
2. I own this
3. I control this
4. I can't control this
5. I hate this
6. I must destroy this

natural progression after some people saw the show didn't go their way or their theories.
Ppl liked being smartasses predicting the show, and then it didn;t happen. 1/10 lol

This might be true with some, but I feel like a majority of the "hate" is based around the show losing logic for plot points, making it hard to like. I'm actually fine with where the story went, in some way, and Dany's turn was a bit more acceptable with the exposition of the finale episode. But everything post Drogon flying off with Dany's body is really, really hard to accept.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Just to show how seriously some people take it and how awful stan culture is, here is a tweet aimed at Zara Larsson after she tweeted that she was happy Dany died in the show:

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
because it is the last episode?

I saw people on here raging saying they were done with the show. And like addicts they come back for another hit.

A case in point I loved Dexter. But that last season was so bad I didnt watch the last three episodes and never will as I found better things to do with my time when they were on.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What is this bullshit?
Watched it because it was the final episode.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
What's the issue? I thought it was fine. Did people actually think they'd get a happy ending?

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
1. I love this
2. I own this
3. I control this
4. I can't control this
5. I hate this
6. I must destroy this

Or people just thought it was bad. Pretending everyone who rates something badly is out to destroy it is toxic behaviour itself

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
1. I love this
2. I own this
3. I control this
4. I can't control this
5. I hate this
6. I must destroy this

Maybe, but 99% of people are just
1. That wasn't very good
and that's it

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The episode sucked and its not because it didn't line up with what I wanted to happen. It played out more like fanfic than anything

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
We get it - you really disliked it so you feel empowered by obvious trolls that are bringing it down to a rating as low as Dexter's which was absolutely atrocious for a series finale.

You're aware that most people find the season disappointing overall right? Not sure why you're all over the people who didn't think the final episode was bad. There were much worse episodes in the season.
we get it, you liked it and think everyone else is wrong.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
For those that'll continue to spread the fallacious argument it was just dumb fans and bad critics

D6b8wokXsAEkhJ-.jpg

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For those that'll continue to spread the fallacious argument it was just dumb fans and bad critics

D6b8wokXsAEkhJ-.jpg

Bububut I thought everyone that complains is entitled whiner?
Down to 4.7 now, same as Dexter. I've been one of those saying this season is a huge letdown, but the finale doesn't deserve this. It was a good episode with a great last 20 mins, its just kinda ruined by previous episodes not being a good enough build up so none of it feels satisfying.

So judging as a standalone episode, it should be more like a 7/10 for me, but I guess a 4.7 (will end lower) seems right in the context of the ending as a whole being a huge disappointment. Episode 4 should be the lowest rated though.
The last 20 minutes were some of the worst in the whole series filled with every cliche imaginable. I still can't believe they actually pulled out that fucking book.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
I actually enjoyed the finale, and expected its reception to be in the middle of the road as far as Season 8 episodes have gone, so I am a bit taken aback at how much people hate it. But I think burning through all your goodwill with a rushed bunch of final episodes will make people less likely to extend any benefit of the doubt to you.

Pretty sure the ratings tanked prior to airing the episode and because of season 7 and 8 in its entirety. It has absolutely nothing to do with the actual quality of the episode. This is the equivalent of review bombing.

But hey, if it took a rushed season 7 and 8 for show fans to finally figure out why book fans haven't been as high on the show for like half a decade now, that's fine with me.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Bububut I thought everyone that complains is entitled whiner?

The last 20 minutes were some of the worst in the whole series filled with every cliche imaginable. I still can't believe they actually pulled out that fucking book.

By the way Hydrus I wanted to say I've enjoyed seeing your posts significantly over this past month. It's been one of the bright spots of staying in this community seeing the informed and constructive criticism you and BDS and so many others like us (lmfao, "haters" i guess hahahahahaha) have provided and contributed, and I hope you know it hasn't gone un-noticed and it certainly isn't unappreciated

zthan

Oct 27, 2017
Ridiculous. If anything this just demonstrates how bad the rabid online circlejerking has gotten in the past few years.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised. The internet is fierce these days and there was probably no way people would have been satisfied with a conclusion, seeing how the past two seasons have been handled.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
What is this bullshit?
Watched it because it was the final episode.

Watch it all you like. Rushing onto IMDB like a lame to down vote reeks of pointless impotent pettiness.

We get it. Lots of us disliked this season I personally thought some episodes this season were hilariously bad. But I cant muster the strength to go onto IMDB and down vote.

I watched the finale it wasnt amazing, it had problems like it has for the last three seasons but it did what it needed to do.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Watch it all you like. Rushing onto IMDB like a lame to down vote reeks of pointless impotent pettiness.

We get it. Lots of us disliked this season I personally thought some episodes this season were hilariously bad. But I cant muster the strength to go onto IMDB and down vote.

I watched the finale it wasnt amazing, it had problems like it has for the last three seasons but it did what it needed to do.

I mean... is this just arguing we should never rate anything ever?

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
At the end of the day, I think Episode 4 was the worst. It had the burden of setting up the penultimate episode and finale (which it failed at doing) while also being the laziest written and most contrived episode of the entire series. This all feels like it goes back to that one episode.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Even if it were a hundred, it would still be statistically insignificant.

It's far more than 100...but I wouldn't waste my time finding more as that is a lot of effort to prove shit to some random on the internet.

To "prove" that naysayers are all irrational.

Congratulations on arguing in bad faith. Where did I say this? All I was arguing was that stan culture is toxic and it was having some effect on the user scores.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because you and others were saying it's just one twitter post to try and handwave it away?
I'm saying let's assume it's more than one person. Let's assume it's many. Let's assume it's hundreds, or thousands, or tens of thousands of such people with their irrational investment in a TV show.

What exactly is the point bringing it up at all?