• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
After 3, i am mostly in it for the dumb as hell plottwists at the end.

The late Jigsaw Killer develops a time-travel machine and travels into the past and takes a guy calling himself the spiral killer for a new apprentice.
Then we find out that the spiral Killer is actually the jigsaw Killer himself from before he had suffered amnesia - which will be revealed in an epic flashback full of jumpcuts - and thus, the jigsaw Killer was actually an apprentice to himself from the future.

The older time travelling jigsaw then travels back into the present together with 8 other versions of himself that he collected from different times and 4 of his apprentices, one of which is Mark Hoffman, who says that he is already half-jigsaw. This Group who refer to themselfs as "The Puzzle Pieces" then subject themselfs to a killing game of their own - overseen by the oldest of the jigsaws, the TRUE JIGSAW - in order for the final Survivor to become a vessel to the true jigsaw who uploads his mind into his younger self.

With the words "The puzzle will be completed" the true jigsaw now in a younger body stares into the camera, signalling that the final killing game is about to start. To be continued in... THE JIGSAWS LAST PIECE

I want to write my own saw movie one day

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are people hyped about? You could edit any Saw film into a trailer like that.

While the trailer certainly doesn't show much yet, this is not really true. The visual style, the open areas, the interactions... this is very different from the first 7 movies, a bit resembling the Jigsaw reboot if anything. Nothing they've shown is screaming masterpiece or anything, but they seem to be focused on having a more coherent vision rather than just throw all the violence and random plot twists to the wall. We'll see how it works out.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that looks really good. Saw will always be my jam, I'll get anything in that universe.

Also, I'll always get shivers hearing Zepp's Theme or any variants. I'm ready, Chris Rock!

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Looks very Seven-inspired, more in line with the original SAW. But I bet you could edit any of the movies to look like darker police thriller in a trailer

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I must be missing something? Looks like a typical Saw movie to me. Dunno.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
The hell? So it's going to be a guy inspired by Jigsaw? But then again, the series is known for it final couple minutes twist, maybe they'll try to tie it into one of the other movies then.

Otherwise, looks like one of the direct to video Hellraiser movies that started out life as a script for a completely different movie & a studio exec said, throw the puzzle box in there & have Pinhead kill a guy in the final act & we'll call it Hellraiser. This feels like they had a script & said; throw some spiral logos on the walls & we'll piggie-back the Saw series.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen any saw movies past 2. The first remains one of my all time favorite movies. The others worth it?

Aine

May 27, 2019
I won't lie, this seems pretty cool. It feels like a return to form for the series.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

21 [Savage] must be eating good these days.

Wow I love the premise of this Saw movie.

MadIncompleteBullfrog-size_restricted.gif

I jest.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Based on that trailer
we're gonna find out what happened to Hoffman (if he ever made it out of the bathroom) since Chris Rock was in there

After 3, i am mostly in it for the dumb as hell plottwists at the end.

The late Jigsaw Killer develops a time-travel machine and travels into the past and takes a guy calling himself the spiral killer for a new apprentice.
Then we find out that the spiral Killer is actually the jigsaw Killer himself from before he had suffered amnesia - which will be revealed in an epic flashback full of jumpcuts - and thus, the jigsaw Killer was actually an apprentice to himself from the future.

The older time travelling jigsaw then travels back into the present together with 8 other versions of himself that he collected from different times and 4 of his apprentices, one of which is Mark Hoffman, who says that he is already half-jigsaw. This Group who refer to themselfs as "The Puzzle Pieces" then subject themselfs to a killing game of their own - overseen by the oldest of the jigsaws, the TRUE JIGSAW - in order for the final Survivor to become a vessel to the true jigsaw who uploads his mind into his younger self.

With the words "The puzzle will be completed" the true jigsaw now in a younger body stares into the camera, signalling that the final killing game is about to start. To be continued in... THE JIGSAWS LAST PIECE

I want to write my own saw movie one day
The irony in this is that
the time travel is entirely unnecessary because Jigsaw has a decent supply of apprentices where the series currently is, and the current oldest of the Jigsaws is totally alive

...then again...
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What are people hyped about? You could edit any Saw film into a trailer like that.
Most previous SAW films had the cop storyline be secondary to the primary game storyline, and were fairly uninteresting in the grand scheme of it. This SAW film, in addition to being different from an overall look (red and orange replacing the black, pale blue, and dank green of the original films) seems to be focused entirely on the cop story. We only saw one trap as well, which isn't common for SAW movies since the gore is a primary selling point. Also the one trap we saw seems more simplistic than the later traps in the series, especially in Jigsaw with the blender of death and a LASER COLLAR. If they want to recapture the tone of the first film where we don't know shit about the antagonist and do it with money, that could go pretty well.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm presuming this Spiral killer is inspired by Jigsaw, but does his own thing.
Jigsaw already used the spiral as his moniker in addition to cutting puzzle pieces out of his victims, which he kinda stopped doing at some point
hqdefault.jpg

41kcv1MZc-L._AC_.jpg

It's been a recurring thing in the SAW films that there have been Jigsaw copycats, but they all get inevitably caught (not by the cops but by Jigsaw himself) because they fuck up the MO

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Never saw Jigsaw but isnt the Doctor from the first movie the bad guy now?
Without spoiling Jigsaw entirely:
He's not even mentioned in Jigsaw, and there's another bad guy.

Though it's been said that this movie ignores Jigsaw entirely and it's a "spin-off"/soft reboot of the series.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of bummed that Bousman is directing it. You'd think they'd want to go a different direction or at least a director with different vision.