• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I could imagine that triangle camera layout if it has something to do with 3D shit that needs some random triangulation I don't know I'm talking shit but apple would absolutely never use a design like that for no actual reason. Jony wouldn't design such a thing for shits. Or again it's just a working version that has been iterated a bunch of times since.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
Nov 30, 2018
Is this some weird fanboyism or are you just joking.
Is your post missing a /s

Because in what universe is this:
DwOYRarX0AA6Qfl

Better than this:
huawei-mate-20-hands-on-5356-720x720.jpg

What's with the random button below it?

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if they're finally gonna make real-time manual focus a thing. Would be a game changer for photos and especially videos.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
What's with the random button below it?
mate20pro_backk.jpg

"LOoKs bEtTeR tHaN WhAT HuAWEi iS DoINg"
Its a fingerprint sensor come on man you arent even trying now.
P.S Its not on all the Mate 20s as pictured above.

Detective Loki confirmed living in an alternate reality.
With or without the fingerprint sensor Huaweis solution looks multiple times more elegant than apples.

You cant seriously believe Apples solutions looks better than Huaweis?
You are just fucking with me right?

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like that this mock-up of a new 2019 iPhone X model isn't even based off an iPhone X but off a 2016 iPhone 7... tells you what you need to know about its accuracy.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
thread title is inaccurate. this isn't a first look at anything, this is a speculative render of a potential camera module.
of course the apple haters are lapping it up -- I mean it is fugly.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand the obsession with needing to have the bestest camera in a fucking phone.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly think people are overreacting. If they are going for some extra fancy camera tech, it's looks about as expected for an iPhone.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the 3D sensor would be the dark spot in the bottom right corner. If thats all they are adding for faster focus/3D time of flight etc, then theyd' just have the current two camera lenses, not three (so three sensors in total, plus flash)

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I feel like we're getting dangerously close to "Yo dawg, I heard you like cameras. So we put cameras in your cameras" levels of insanity.

Not arguing against the actual results, I'm sure they serve a purpose and it's clear that just 2 cameras manage to improve the phone photo scene quite a lot from what I've seen. but damn..... That looks silly.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The actual function sounds seriously cool (better night photography, one of the things that still can be worked on) but lmao wtf is that design.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Is Apple still referring to the X line as "Ten" or is it "Ecks" now? Everyone I know calls it X and their new models' names make more sense if they're calling them "Ecks".

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
There is 100% no chance Apple will release the camera looking like that. That is an awful design on so many levels and comparing it the Mate 20 is hilarious.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
If the camera bump is going to be so big, why even have one? Why not just have a slightly thicker phone with a better battery?
Yeah I don't get it myself. I have the Pixel 2 and it's a really nice slim and light phone.. but I have it in a case that bulks it out quite a bit. Basically for peace of mind and it actually improves the grip and the usability of the fingerprint scanner in the back... I wish phone manufacturers made their phones a bit more rugged (built in) and took advantage of the extra thickness to deliver impressive battery life. People would buy this! The same as people bought the SE phone even though apparently bigger was the way everyone was going. Just give people what they want and people will buy it. Not notches and compromises.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
If the camera bump is going to be so big, why even have one? Why not just have a slightly thicker phone with a better battery?
actually gonna agree here. Diehard apple fan... but at this point, just increase the thickness of the phone to make that flush. I love the though of having a 3D sensing camera system and don't think the layout is a problem at all.. but yeah... why have just like 1/8 of the back of the phone protrude. at that point just make the phone thicker.

regardless, I'll get the phone this year. Will have three X's off payment. Give one to my mom and sell the other two.. hoping to hit like $500 each meaning I should be able to pay like $500 each for new phones this year.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I'll wait to see how accurate it is compared to that render before going ballistic.

ps: the irrational anger towards Apple is embarrassing.