• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Ok So if you wanna 100% the game (on a save), you need to complete the game 6 times, 6 fucking times. No thank you 🤣

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
lmao that ending 🤣🤣🤣

Imma gonna read about alternate endings because holy fuck I can see why some players would be upset 🤣🤣🤣

Which route did you do?

Still waiting to get the game and have only read a few spoilers but deciding which house to start with is more difficult than in Three Houses because each route seems to have some crazy shit go down!

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Ok so not gonna spoil your fun, but I bet when some of you will finish the game, there will be riots lol

Oh well 🤷‍♀️

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Which route did you do?

Still waiting to get the game and have only read a few spoilers but deciding which house to start with is more difficult than in Three Houses because each route seems to have some crazy shit go down!
Edelqueen.

To be clear, the final sections of the plot are pretty good. Not amazing good but cool, especially for a Muso.

It's just that … Imma gonna spoiler that, even though I don't consider it a story spoiler per se:

Basically after the very final battle you get some kinda deus ex plot twist and it basically ends with "but this a story for another day" lmfao

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
FE Warriors was more a case of them attempting to give every character unique movesets but then noticing it'd be impossible and slapping together clones from existing movesets. They aren't really class based and the origins of the movesets are often obvious. For example, Takumi is an archer, and Sakura a shrine maiden, and yet they share the same bow moveset - which was also clearly designed with Takumi in mind since several attacks use wind energy arrows, some even for melee range, an ability of his legendary weapon. Same goes to Owain sharing Ryoma's moveset. Those attacks were specifically based on the Fates Samurai class line's animations and Ryoma's raijinto (lightning sword).
Ah, makes sense. Never played that one. I like how they did it here, though.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of hate how all the main story missions use 8 of your roster, but the majority of the missions you play in the game only use 4 of them. I wish I could have a core team of 8 I always brought in and kept leveled through gameplay.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
I kind of hate how all the main story missions use 8 of your roster, but the majority of the missions you play in the game only use 4 of them. I wish I could have a core team of 8 I always brought in and kept leveled through gameplay.
In general the side missions all ressemble themselves way too much. There's no variety in there. The paralogues are cool. And the main missions are great. But those side missions are awfully repetitive, and yeah it doesn't help that it's always a 4 unit job.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

I like LOT of characters in it so I basically have ten or so I like playing as and pick the lowest levelled ones out of that for each mission. Gives me variety and keeps the game from getting too easy since I'm usually slightly below the recommended level.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Which route did you do?

I'm half-way through both of Azure Gleam and Scarlet Blaze right now(chapter 7 for both).They're both equally good so far but Azure Gleam is more focused on the internal politics of Faerghus whereas Edelgard's route feels more focused on the war effort at least so far.

But from what I've heard, Golden Wildfire is the real crazy one so I'm saving that one for last.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Holy fuck you gotta earn some of those S-reqs. Time in particular for some missions is borderline absurd.

Running around a large map, tons of unskippable dialogue: "You have seven minutes" lmfao 🤣

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
In general the side missions all ressemble themselves way too much. There's no variety in there. The paralogues are cool. And the main missions are great. But those side missions are awfully repetitive, and yeah it doesn't help that it's always a 4 unit job.
To be fair, side missions were also repetitive in 3 Houses so...

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
The crest weapons can be awakened or something later I imagine? I can't help but notice that even forged all the way up they pale in comparison to even a c rank weapon, despite the great rarity of the mithril to forge them (at least this early in the game)

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
The crest weapons can be awakened or something later I imagine? I can't help but notice that even forged all the way up they pale in comparison to even a c rank weapon, despite the great rarity of the mithril to forge them (at least this early in the game)

Need to unlock the blacksmith ability to unleash the crest weapons. It adds a lot to the weapon.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Holy fuck you gotta earn some of those S-reqs. Time in particular for some missions is borderline absurd.

Running around a large map, tons of unskippable dialogue: "You have seven minutes" lmfao 🤣

some of the side objectives are pretty insane too. theres one side mission where it spaws some thieves trying to run away from the map.... but they're like, 90% already on the way. if you didnt know about the exit point and parked someone there, i have no idea how someone can win that. same for

"saving count something and gwendal on that scarlet blaze mission on anything higher than hard. i had to drop to easy to do it and even then, when i finally got there the fucker was hanging to life by one hit and then they spawn fucking ingrid right on top of them. looking forward to see someone doing this shit on maddening"

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this will change later in the story but I'm loving how this game doesn't ACT like it's an alternate timeline for the most part. By that I mean, finding out they're in an alternate timeline, introducing time travel and "changing fate" or whatever arent plot points. It's literally just a reimagining of three houses, as if they added three new possible routes to the base game.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
some of the side objectives are pretty insane too. theres one side mission where it spaws some thieves trying to run away from the map.... but they're like, 90% already on the way. if you didnt know about the exit point and parked someone there, i have no idea how someone can win that. same for

"saving count something and gwendal on that scarlet blaze mission on anything higher than hard. i had to drop to easy to do it and even then, when i finally got there the fucker was hanging to life by one hit and then they spawn fucking ingrid right on top of them. looking forward to see someone doing this shit on maddening"
Wait it's possible to do that? I got the sense it was one of those "lose to progress the story" moments by how it played out after.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Wait it's possible to do that? I got the sense it was one of those "lose to progress the story" moments by how it played out after.

you can! if you throw your pride away, pick your overleveled units on horseback, pick the strategy to heal their guys before battle, say "fuck it" to mercedes and put it down to easy like i did. i think it changes one line of dialogue and the post battle cutscene as far as ive seen, havent played much after it cause i needed a break

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
you can! if you throw your pride away, pick your overleveled units on horseback, say "fuck it" to mercedes and put it down to easy like i did. i think it changes one line of dialogue and the post battle cutscene as far as ive seen, havent played much after it cause i needed a break
interesting! I don't regret not saving him though, the second count rowe betrayed us, I took control of Edelgard and doled put some punishment with my axe lol. [/SPOILEE]

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm sure this will change later in the story but I'm loving how this game doesn't ACT like it's an alternate timeline for the most part. By that I mean, finding out they're in an alternate timeline, introducing time travel and "changing fate" or whatever arent plot points. It's literally just a reimagining of three houses, as if they added three new possible routes to the base game.
Thus far that I have seen unlike Age of Calamity it is more of a what if this new person Shez showed up before Byleth when meeting the main three. Thus having certain events just altered enough that the timeline such as when Edelgard decided to go ham and attack everyone occurred years sooner. So overall the general war that happened after the time skip in Three houses stays about the same in this game.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Thus far that I have seen unlike Age of Calamity it is more of a what if this new person Shez showed up before Byleth when meeting the main three. Thus having certain events just altered enough that the timeline such as when Edelgard decided to go ham and attack everyone occurred years sooner. So overall the general war that happened after the time skip in Three houses stays about the same in this game.

Actually Edelgard attacking happens later in 3 Hopes than in Three Houses

Three Houses has three house leaders spend a year under the academy and then the war immediately starts

In Three Hopes, they almost immediately start ruling at the beginning of the school year (Claude starts ruling one year later than the rest) and do 2 years of internal reforms

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Actually Edelgard attacking happens later in 3 Hopes than in Three Houses

Three Houses has three house leaders spend a year under the academy and then the war immediately starts

In Three Hopes, they almost immediately start ruling at the beginning of the school year (Claude starts ruling one year later than the rest) and do 2 years of internal reforms
Maybe I am more thinking when Byleth reawakens it has been 5 years later instead of just the 2 years we see in Three Hopes.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
For all the talk about how some characters shouldn't be so easily recruited/persuaded, I just had one in scarlet blaze override the persuade command I paid good points for to say "no thanks, I'd sooner die from poison" due to my actions in another mission, which honestly was pretty great.

Had me like "well...bye", game cut to them dead at some point 10 seconds later while my Beagles are just elsewhere wailing on a monster lol

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
For all the talk about how some characters shouldn't be so easily recruited/persuaded, I just had one in scarlet blaze override the persuade command I paid good points for to say "no thanks, I'd sooner die from poison" due to my actions in another mission, which honestly was pretty great.

Had me like "well...bye", game cut to them dead at some point 10 seconds later while my Beagles are just elsewhere wailing on a monster lol

Due to actions in other missions or due to not taking one required character with you? who was it, i dont think i had anyone refuse me for anything, and that only makes it even dumber that petra surrender so easily

HBK

Oct 30, 2017

There are a ton of small variations in the main missions which are pretty neat and are mainly thanks to the more rigid structure of the game. I also like some of the optional banter that can trigger when certain characters meet on the field of battle.

That being said, needing to redo the game 6 times (well, 5) to get all missions and cutscenes really is a punch in the gut. Also the super rigid structure doesn't work as well than the previous FE Muso completely open structure where you could wander around different game modes leveling/trying various characters, etc. Here you're stuck in your story tunnel, and while there is the record master or whatever their name, the whole "you can only play though the story with canon characters" puts the NG+ in a weird position as some of your useable characters will be imported from a previous playthrough (poaching!) but others will be naked.

It's weird and doesn't feel as good as it should.

Also please either implement a framerate cap and/or add a performance mode. You already have a performance profile for undocked. Simply allow it if you won't add a 30fps cap for whatever weird ass reason crosses your brains.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Due to actions in other missions or due to not taking one required character with you? who was it, i dont think i had anyone refuse me for anything, and that only makes it even dumber that petra surrender so easily
Could be Leonie because they didn't recruit Byleth, thus Jeralt.

But I could be wrong. There are too many small options like that.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017

pretty sure the game tells you when you need a required character

in this case, the one that dies explicitly tells you why they're refusing your help

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
pretty sure the game tells you when you need a required character

in this case, the one that dies explicitly tells you why they're refusing your help

i mean, i'm asking who it is because it didnt happen to me so they telling it don't help when i didnt see it

Could be Leonie because they didn't recruit Byleth, thus Jeralt.

But I could be wrong. There are too many small options like that.

whoops im not at that point yet. my fault for asking tho

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I was able to avoid killing Annette sorry not sorry Gustave

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

I think what they're trying to do is make her like Claude. Claude isn't too proud to beg for his life when he loses because according to the devs, Claude values survival over everything else which is in contrast to Fodlan culture and
since Petra isn't from Fodlan either, I guess she also values self-preservation rather than fighting to the bitter end.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
I think what they're trying to do is make her like Claude. Claude isn't too proud to beg for his life when he loses because according to the devs, Claude values survival over everything else which is in contrast to Fodlan culture and
since Petra isn't from Fodlan either, I guess she also values self-preservation rather than fighting to the bitter end.
Canonically, Petra's Edelgard/the Empire's hostage. So there's that.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda a big plot spoiler as to what my actions were that led to that, so I'd consider not looking unless you're late into your own campaign as I can't quite pinpoint it from your previous posts.

I killed Jeralt in an earlier chapter, as such his number 1 fan Leonie did not accept my help when poisoned by an enemies weapon, and that's even with her being a green allied unit during the later mission

I think this one is a fairly isolated incident though, I can imagine maybe one or two scenarios like this on each route.

In general, Three Houses/Hopes have always had some issues relating to character switching sides/houses that don't make a lot of sense, which is why I appreciate that you can opt out in both games and just commit bittersweet murder for the good of storytelling.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Well not in Three Hopes by the time the war starts, she even went back to Brighid to help sort things out over there before returning to help Edelgard in the war

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
It's kinda a big plot spoiler as to what my actions were that led to that, so I'd consider not looking unless you're late into your own campaign as I can't quite pinpoint it from your previous posts.

I killed Jeralt in an earlier chapter, as such his number 1 fan Leonie did not accept my help when poisoned by an enemies weapon, and that's even with her being a green allied unit during the later mission

I think this one is a fairly isolated incident though, I can imagine maybe one or two scenarios like this on each route.

In general, Three Houses/Hopes have always had some issues relating to character switching sides/houses that don't make a lot of sense, which is why I appreciate that you can opt out in both games and just commit bittersweet murder for the good of storytelling.
yeah i'm on chapter 10, i'll wait a bit. good to know stuff can change based on actions like this and not just "you pressed persuade and brought the right person? good"

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
so wait, the unlocked characters you get during ng+ can only be used with the records keeper, but not when going through the story again? what? what???

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I had to retry three times
to get the right conditions to recruit Byleth and Jeralt, turns out you have to not kill the cowardly dude at the beginning of the mission.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Well not in Three Hopes by the time the war starts, she even went back to Brighid to help sort things out over there before returning to help Edelgard in the war

If you kill her, the dialogue changes with Edelgard where she comments on it. If you recruit
Petra, Edelgard is told about Petra switching over and says they'll need to rethink their relationship with Brigid. If you kill Petra, Edelgard says she'll keep her promise to Petra(concerning Brigid) so the implication is that Edelgard is doing a UK/India thing where she's promising Petra that she will make Brigid be completely independent but she needs her help with the war