• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Question: Is the ability to spend renown something you unlock? I know I am supposed to be able to exchange renown at the statues (or something) but I can't seem to find a way to do it.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I need an opinion. As a person who always save scums in games with perma-death and played previous FE games in casual. Should I try to play classic? I'm not far into the game and I'm thinking of starting over in classic before I invest too much time.

Triggs

May 3, 2019
What info did you run into?
Someone mentioned something about Rhea secretly being a dragon and that you go against her in one of the back eagles routes. I've obviously been suspecting something was up with her but that felt like a pretty big reveal to get spoiled on

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
I have B supports with two characters now and cannot recruit them. How much does support level offset what they're interested in? Do I still have time to recruit if I'm in the month where there is the battle of the lion and eagle?

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Have we had an word on Lunatic's release time other than the "soon after launch" they said before launch?

I have B supports with two characters now and cannot recruit them. How much does support level offset what they're interested in? Do I still have time to recruit if I'm in the month where there is the battle of the lion and eagle?

It's based on hidden support points and not the letter rank. Both of my recruits declined me when I got their B support but I saved scummed and gave them like 5 more presents, and they then accepted my recruit request.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I need an opinion. As a person who always save scums in games with perma-death and played previous FE games in casual. Should I try to play classic? I'm not far into the game and I'm thinking of starting over in classic before I invest too much time.
The Divine Pulse feature makes permadeath much more manageable. If you make a mistake and someone dies, you can rewind actions and try a different approach. You can also earn more Divine Pulse charges as you progress.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There is a mechanic that allows you to go back in time for turns so if a character dies, just rewind time. It does save what happens so don't think you can repeat it with new results.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I-I love Ferdinand now?! His A supports are super sweet. His heart is on the right place, even if he still has to learn much more about the world. I absolutely hated him when I started.

good f'ing game

Yeah the character development is pretty great. I hated him a lot too and I still kind of do, but his B support with Dorothea has been good.

Hubert and Caspar have been growing on me as well.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

If you want to try it, sure!
The Divine Pulse basically negates the need for save scumming. I'm at a point where I have 7 charges.
If all else fails, I reload a save before battle and change my setup - but Divine Pulse makes everything much less of a hassle.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
The Divine Pulse feature makes permadeath much more manageable. If you make a mistake and someone dies, you can rewind actions and try a different approach. You can also earn more Divine Pulse charges as you progress.
There is a mechanic that allows you to go back in time for turns so if a character dies, just rewind time. It does save what happens so don't think you can repeat it with new results.
If you want to try it, sure!
The Divine Pulse basically negates the need for save scumming. I'm at a point where I have 7 charges.
If all else fails, I reload a save before battle and change my setup - but Divine Pulse makes everything much less of a hassle.
I knew about the DP but I wasn't sure how it worked. I think I'm going to go for it.

Thanks

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
Have we had an word on Lunatic's release time other than the "soon after launch" they said before launch?

It's based on hidden support points and not the letter rank. Both of my recruits declined me when I got their B support but I saved scummed and gave them like 5 more presents, and they then accepted my recruit request.
So presents can help? Is there a downside to asking often? I need some more natural magic users ASAP.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I knew about the DP but I wasn't sure how it worked. I think I'm going to go for it.

Thanks
It lets you rewind action by action, so you can rewind as far back as you feel it necessary regardless of how many turns have passed. However, if you rewind only to do the exact same actions again, you'll end up with the same result. You can't game the RNG with it.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
So presents can help? Is there a downside to asking often? I need some more natural magic users ASAP.
Yeah each student has like 2 or three items they don't like but every other present will up their support, with a few of them being big likes for each student. If you did the merchant mission optional battle, then the merchants sell presents every month that you can just buy and give. I don't think getting declined has a negative effect other than being unable to ask again that day.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm still at the start, haven't done the mock battle yet. I'm just exploring the monastery. It appears I have one activity point I can spend, and the available activities appear to be fishing, greenhouse and dining commons. Anything I should know?

Also how do I poach waifus from other houses? I am dedicated to teaching, you see, and I wouldn't want those poor girls to learn from hacks like Manuela and the Monopoly Man.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
40 hours in and I'm only on chapter 17 on Blue Lions route, this game is huge lol

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
The only downside is that if you ask once, you won't be able to ask again that day. So, if you did something to up their support points and would've been able to get them after asking once, you'd have to wait until the next time you're walking around the campus. Just save before you ask to recruit if you think you're close to being able to get them.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm still at the start, haven't done the mock battle yet. I'm just exploring the monastery. It appears I have one activity point I can spend, and the available activities appear to be fishing, greenhouse and dining commons. Anything I should know?
Fishing and greenhouse don;t spend activity points. You should do them every time you are exploring in order to up your professor rank (each rank up gives you another activity point). Dining is a fantastic way to up your student's motivation. It can go from 0 to 100 if you give them a meal they really like (signified by two blue arrows pointing up next to them).

Wolf Parade

Feb 1, 2018
Ingrid seems fine so far but her voice acting is... a little monotone and unnatural sounding. It's just a first impression and there's not much to go on beyond the acting so far.

Sylvain seems like the average "ladies man" trope character but again, just from first impressions.

Ingird actually has my favorite voice actor in the game. Her performance has helped male Ingrid my surprise favorite character.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Are you all buying flowers for birthdays? It may be unnecessary, but since I have yet to need a lot of money for anything I've been buying a few for everyone.

Halfway through chapter 4, yet to recruit units but I've diversified my attempts. At first I was doing everything with Mercedes, but after easily getting the C support it seemed like a bit overkill, so I tried to do more stuff with others like Ashe and Ingrid - she looks like the Cordelia of this game - as to not to waste gifts and activities. Unsure if it's working though.

Raphael, Lorenz and Marianne are way more interesting than I thought when first seeing their designs. Raphael in particular is a lot of fun. So the game really advises not to judge a book by its cover, but Shamir's apprentice looks too similar to a kid from the final chapters of Revelations...

The boss in chapter 5 was freakin hard. I don't think I would have been able to beat this on classic lol. I lost like 5 units. The difficulty spike was insane.

This sounds... not good. Any tip to prepare/something to look forward to (without spoilers if possible though)?

The greenhouse and fishing don't use activity points, so be sure to use those facilities!

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Also how do I poach waifus from other houses? I am dedicated to teaching, you see, and I wouldn't want those poor girls to learn from hacks like Manuela and the Monopoly Man.

Gardening and fishing don't take time away, only things with the hourglass icon do (dining will).

The easiest way to recruit is build support via gifts but it takes a bit before a merchant shows up that sells them.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

Fishing and greenhouse work take up no time, so do them at every opportunity. Lunches are the best way to build support between Byleth and two other students at once. Eventually you'll have more Activity (and Battle) points than you need.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017

Fishing & Greenhouse don't take up activity points, only activities that have the Hourglass symbol will (Dining which you have and then later Tea Time & Faculty Training & Choir)

You build support with them (Dining, gifts, returning lost items, tea time, choir) and build up Byleth's skills (a bit) that they like (they tell you which ones if you ask to recruit them to your house) and then ask them to join you and sometime they'll even ask to join you themselves.

Also later on you'll get much more activity points. At Professor Rank A you have 7.

So, can everyone but the MC be lost or is it everyone but the MC and the house leads?

do you mean "can they die" by lost?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
This sounds... not good. Any tip to prepare/something to look forward to (without spoilers if possible though)?
Personally, I had no trouble. Just use your battalions/gambits well and hit 'em with everything you got. That's how I beat the Death Knight both times he's appeared so far. I'm just playing normal/classic.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Is there a way to ally yourself with the alliance or do you have to fight/kill everyone? :(

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Make sure you have a combat gambit on your unit with the highest defense. I happened to and it made the boss super easy.

My unit missed that gambit and was subsequently wiped out right after lol

As Kinsei mentioned, definitely have some combat gambits on units with good defense. I also wasted a lot of high level spells on grunts before the boss fight so my mages weren't as effective. If you have a decent level dark mage, that unit will come in handy so make sure that unit is well protected and has a healer on standby.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Make sure you have a combat gambit on your unit with the highest defense. I happened to and it made the boss super easy.
Personally, I had no trouble. Just use your battalions/gambits well and hit 'em with everything you got. That's how I beat the Death Knight both times he's appeared so far. I'm just playing normal/classic.
My unit missed that gambit and was subsequently wiped out right after lol

I'll keep this in mind, thank you!

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
So who has the worst timeskip design? I think I hate Ferdinand's, seriously dude should have kept seeing his barber.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a place I can view the timeskip designs without being spoiled on the details of what happened to each character?

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
How
The only downside is that if you ask once, you won't be able to ask again that day. So, if you did something to up their support points and would've been able to get them after asking once, you'd have to wait until the next time you're walking around the campus. Just save before you ask to recruit if you think you're close to being able to get them.
long until I lose the option to recruit if I'm currently in the month where I'll do the battle of eagle/lion? What's the cutoff?

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Is there a place I can view the timeskip designs without being spoiled on the details of what happened to each character?
6z5gr9zg24c31.png

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I think of the timeskip portraits look kinda weird while the character models are pretty good. Like Caspar, loving that hair but the angle is doing it no favors. Dorothea also looks a little off, should have had her facing the player rather than it being off to the side.

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Gatekeeper is slowly becoming one of my favorite characters. You gotta admire his optimism and cheery mentality of having "nothing to report" whenever you go to chat with him...then Chapter 9 happens and he sounds utterly heartbroken that, just for that one time, he failed at doing his job (even though it more than likely wasn't his fault). I like to imagine whoever did the voice work for him came in thinking: "i don't care how minor a role this is, I'm going to make this guy shine!" Then that shift back somewhat post time-skip, if you're playing Black Eagles at least. All this guy wanted to do was proudly guard the monastery gate and keep happily declaring that there was "nothing to report". Gatekeeper-san truly didn't deserve what happened between Chapters 9 through 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.