• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite FF7R character

• Cloud

Votes: 278 18.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 518 34.0%
  • Barret

Votes: 257 16.9%
  • Aerith

Votes: 471 30.9%

• Total voters

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
anyone else have quite bad texture pop-in on ps4 pro? like some of the textures on buildings or walls look quite poor and blurry unless you get really close to them and wait.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
anyone else have quite bad texture pop-in on ps4 pro? like some of the textures on buildings or walls look quite poor and blurry unless you get really close to them and wait.
many seem to have the issue. some textures also dont load in at all. chapter 8 looks like its missing most mid/high-res textures.

Miang

Oct 28, 2017
My deluxe edition arrived!! (Game UK)

..... Sadly I'm about to go to bed pre night shift, so it will have to wait until tomorrow evening. My shift is going to go so slowly lol.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Parts of this game take my breath away. Seeing Aerith's home for the first time with the soundtrack made me pause to take it in.

Other parts baffle me. And for as much as I enjoy the battle system the AI is trash and useless most of the time. Yes you can issue orders but they're so slow at building ATB gauge by themselves that whenever you need them they're not there for you.

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
Weird question - did the play disc (not the first data disc) keep spinning for ages for anyone else? Expected my PS4 Pro to quieten down but after about 50 mins it's still going, in and out of the game

Perfo

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Parts of this game take my breath away. Seeing Aerith's home for the first time with the soundtrack made me pause to take it in.

Other parts baffle me. And for as much as I enjoy the battle system the AI is trash and useless most of the time. Yes you can issue orders but they're so slow at building ATB gauge by themselves that whenever you need them they're not there for you.

Because you are supposed to swap continuesly between them and control them all yourself, right? I think it's pretty obvious the game forces you on that.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Just started chapter 3. They've done a great job with Midgar. Agreed on the soundtrack being a highlight too, excellent work.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

Knightsoftheround

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 7, 2020

The whole idea of the battle system is you continually switch between characters. The AI builds up the ATB gauge slow on purpose.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Because you are supposed to swap continuesly between them and control them all yourself, right? I think it's pretty obvious the game forces you on that.
Thanks for the passive aggressive reply to a fairly tame criticism of the game's AI.

I am switching but that does not mean the AI should be unable to do anything for itself.

Perfo

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for the passive aggressive reply to a fairly tame criticism of the game's AI.

I am switching but that does not mean the AI should be unable to do anything for itself.

The AI doesn't do shit, I think it doesn't even rely on using the TRIANGLE attacks. It's a strange decision which I don't like, I'm with you on that. Not trying to be aggressive btw ;)

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I've played a fair bit and consider myself pretty familiar with the combat. Swapping characters does help build ATB faster, but it's still very slow with allies. I've found the best method is to swap, used the Triangle/unique ability and swap back to cloud. Despite this, I am almost always relying on Cloud (or whoever I am controlling) for commands and cures. Allies are just too slow at generating ATB and you can only ever speed it up on one character at a time.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The AI doesn't do shit, I think it doesn't even rely on using the TRIANGLE attacks. It's a strange decision which I don't like, I'm with you on that. Not trying to be aggressive btw ;)

I think you're right. And as far as I can tell, there is no prompt to let you know that the Triangle attack is ready to use.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Deep into chapter 3. I'm having trouble with reading when to block or roll. Am I able to cancel attacks at all?

Thriftweed

Nov 2, 2017
I've just received my standard copy from GAME in the UK, installing as I type! Can't wait to get started later this evening once my toddler has gone to bed.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you have the AI using the triangle attack it will create frustrating moments where you swap to them and the ability isn't available to use. In turn this will make the player even more inclined to stick with Cloud and become counter-productive to the whole switch character regularly thing.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Reading about those technical issues in some chapters make me rethink my earlier wish to buy a PS4 for this game as soon as it launch. Maybe I'll wait for a few patches, or simply the PC version next year.