• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Going to be catassing this game through April vaca. Sort of glad they delayed it now. Want to experience this as it flashes culturally relevant instead of picking at it over time.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really don't get the bullet sponge critique. It's an rpg and the battles go by pretty quick. Even the boss can be beat in probably 5 to 7 minutes

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Really don't get the bullet sponge critique. It's an rpg and the battles go by pretty quick. Even the boss can be beat in probably 5 to 7 minutes
Yeah I thought the boss lasted just the right amount of time. Didn't feel like I was just hitting away at it for forever. I don't want to be that guy but maybe if its taking too long for some they should look at what they are doing wrong before they blame the game.

Last edited:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
It's like FFXIII in that you need to learn how the systems work and how to fight a certain enemy for them to die quickly. If you dont then battles can take way longer. This problem actually seems compounded in FFVIIR in some sense ironically because FFXIII has all the tutorials that make sure you understand how the system works by the time you get to enemies that'll be super spongy if you dont be specific in staggering them. FFVII throws that at you more quickly it seems.

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I thought the boss lasted just the right amount of time. Didn't feel like I was just hitting away at it for forever. I don't want to be that guy but maybe if its taking too long for some they should look at what they are doing wrong before they blame the game.

This is the problem with most criticism in general on here. Its easy to try something, have a reaction to it and then go shit on it without thinking anything you just experience through. To make matters worse, when others sense this in peoples post, they have a tendency to respond the same way towards the poster.

I personally cant see how anyone can find the game ascetic bland and the enemies spongy. The first point more than likely comes down to their preferences, the other is just wrong lol. Once you learn the combat and how it works, the enemies dont take much time to beat. But you had to be interested enough to learn that. I watched the no damage video against the boss and they beat it in minutes. The combat is also more advanced in the demo then people realized. There are a few mechanics that i only learned from talking to people on here, or watching streamers play it.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Just took another run through the demo. I hate how much this game is going to make me care about Jessie.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, knocking on wood here, but there's no chance the game will suffer another delay because of the whole Corona thing, is there?

If the game's gone gold and the orders for the 1st class edition have been confirmed, then physical copies should already be printed and ready to ship, right?

Just uh....being a little nervous here.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So, knocking on wood here, but there's no chance the game will suffer another delay because of the whole Corona thing, is there?

If the game's gone gold and the orders for the 1st class edition have been confirmed, then physical copies should already be printed and ready to ship, right?

Don't worry, we all will be able to play it next month

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017

Digital download will save the day....

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just took another run through the demo. I hate how much this game is going to make me care about Jessie.

Body movements and voice acting truly make a world of difference in conveying character intent.

I'm going to be very curious how they handle Tifa's interactions with Cloud once they regroup at the bar. Jessie is already conveying a heap of interest towards Cloud, so it's going to be interesting to see how they handle Tifa's mannerisms (where she should be far less flirty by comparison but still enough to imply an interest).

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
That's why I asked if it went gold, I was trying to figure if they even got to finish it before corona impacted.

But yeah, sounds like a digital release at least. I think I will cancel my physical order tbh. Seeing Cloud on the cover isn't worth it to have a dance with corona-chan D:

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
In our own personal bubble enclosures!

images

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish we were getting a strategy guide with this for old times sake but it's more than likely not happening.
yeah strat guides are now extremely rare to be made. only one i know of coming out this year is Cyberpunk 2077. honestly though i think i'd just rather have an art book for the game, but you're not the only that wishes they would make one "for old times sake"

OP
OP
ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
They just combine Strategy guides into art books, the type of people who want a hard copy strategy guide are probably the same type to be collectors or the type that will pay extra for it.

On a side note, does anyone else every wish that we didn't need marketing campaigns and could just release games whenever they're ready? Imagine getting home from School or Work and having Final Fantasy VII Remake in your mail OUT OF NOWHERE, like you had no idea it would show up today, it would be like winning the lottery.

Peacemillian

Oct 25, 2017
Demons Gate and Carry Armor are definitely the two biggest cockblockers in FF7. Especially for new players who just rush through the game. Shoutout to Rapps as well, he will happily one hit kill every member of your party.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I remember Materia Keeper being a PITA on my first playthrough but it is a hard time I've never had since. Was probably doing something stupid.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Starting a new job with unlimited PTO and my friend is getting married on 4/11 so I will be off from 4/9-4/13 so I can have two days dedicated to just playing this.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Demons Gate and Carry Armor are definitely the two biggest cockblockers in FF7. Especially for new players who just rush through the game. Shoutout to Rapps as well, he will happily one hit kill every member of your party.

For some strange reason, Carry Armor wasn't that bad my 1st playthrough. Until I did a low level run in January 2009. What a roadblock that was.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
curious when the embargo will lift. KH3 embargo lifted on JP launch day which was like 5 days before Western release or something.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I think the reviews will be out a week or so before release. I think they are confident the game will score well and will try to hype it up. The current virus situation won't help matters and getting good reviews out early might stimulate sales.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
I'm pretty sure journos and youtubers would have taken and posted a selfie with the game logo on their PS4 if they already had it.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if this is because of the demo. I swear before the demo my local retailers still had deluxe editions, then suddenly there were no more allocations and I'm actually really miffed about it because I hadn't pre-ordered yet

twitter.com

Benji-Sales on Twitter

“Just a heads up Final Fantasy VII Remake Pre-Orders have completely EXPLODED Launch is going to be huge 😱”

Knightsoftheround

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 7, 2020
I wonder if this is because of the demo. I swear before the demo my local retailers still had deluxe editions, then suddenly there were no more allocations and I'm actually really miffed about it because I hadn't pre-ordered yet

twitter.com

Benji-Sales on Twitter

“Just a heads up Final Fantasy VII Remake Pre-Orders have completely EXPLODED Launch is going to be huge 😱”

Nice. That's probably thread worthy.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017

twitter.com

Benji-Sales on Twitter

Oh, I'm pretty sure demo helped a lot. Yeah, sales are going to be bonkers. Some people underestimate FFVII Remake, but nostalgia + quality of the game + proper marketing will do wonders. Only mediocre reviews could stop this train, but right now this looks like a perfect reincarnation of a beloved game.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

twitter.com

Benji-Sales on Twitter

I saw one of the game deal twitter posting how FF7R climbed up to the first place for preorder after the demo came out.
Considering the hype surrounding the demo and majority of the reactions I have seen were very positive, I think the demo helped a lot.

Oct 30, 2017
twitter.com

Benji-Sales on Twitter

Of course.. we are talking here about FFVII, it's one of the most iconic well respected games in the industry history, and the Remake had decade and half almost of hype building ( since PS3 tech demo ) and they are actually NAILING the remake front of our eyes.

I'm expecting it to exceed many expectations critically and sales wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.