• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I'm a Technical Project Manager at a creative advertising and consulting agency. Specifically, I work on the data-driven reporting projects for a major public-facing service that has an OT on this forum. I'm the effective day to day manager for four developers, a QA engineer, a Product Manager, a Business Analyst, and two sysadmins.

Most of my days are spent trying to give my team a fighting chance at implementing features without working after hours or under undue stress. Some days I succeed. Many times, I don't.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Plumber who is now in school taking software development.

The old body aint what it used to be and I had to change careers before things got worse.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Currently unemployed :(

Before I got laid off I worked in a medical Marijuana facility making oil.

Before that I was a quality control technician for a salt mine. Ran tests on the salt everyday to ensure it was within parameters

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Right now, nothing. Pre-Covid, I was a supervisor of parking at my local airport. Overseeing cashiers, shuttle drivers, maintenance, all that. Really enjoyed it too. Unfortunately with nobody flying, there's nobody parking. And with nobody parking, there's no money. I'd love to go back after things return to normal and they said they'd take me back, but at the moment I have no other choice but to look for a new job.

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Run product management for a global agency. Basically figure out how to help big ol' companies build things efficiently and responsibly while also being innovative where we can.

Jellycrackers

Oct 25, 2017
I make music that goes to licensing companies/libraries who then get the music used in TV shows, trailers, ads, and whatever else. Then I get royalties!

Messy cables desk pic.
20200901_121653.png

Yes I love what I do. Sometimes it sucks and I can hardly bring myself to write another note, but that's just how it goes when you are doing something to get paid by someone else. It's a geeat job.

Last edited:

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Mix of software dev, web dev, dev ops, sysadmin, and cyber security, among other things. Lots of flexibility and opportunities at my workplace. I get to work with cutting edge technology and some of the smartest people I've ever known. I enjoy it a fair bit.

Oct 28, 2017
VOIP Technician.

Basically we use the internet for phones as opposed to old school pots lines and switchboards.

Next year. Im going into business for myself in a crazy get rich slow scheme.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I'm in fundraising and development for an environmental nonprofit.

I kinda fell into it and I think I would hate fundraising, except that I truly believe in our work and love the cause. Lots of great people and I go to work feeling like I'm making a true impact on the future.

Shockingly, this has been a solid year for us.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Behavioral Health working with children in the foster care system. I love working with kids as it feels like it helps keep me young and I can have a positive impact on their lives as well.

My dream is to write though. A book, a movie, something. Just sucks that all the paperwork and note taking has sapped me of my desire to write anything at all. In due time I suppose.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I do alcohol inventory for bars and restaurants in my city. I count and weigh beer, liquor, wine and kegs and work all night until morning.

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Factory automation. Mostly PLC and HMI work, a little bit of robot work when it trickles down my way. I think it's a lot of fun but at the same time I'm ready for something new.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Knowledge Management.

I take basically everything someone uses at their job and create articles in a knowledge base they can access from their computer.

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Manager of a UPS Store and a layout artist.

Used to be a photographer in the adult industry but most of my contacts dried up or retired.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I work for a university recruiting out of state students. It's a WFH position by default so no significant changes this year except my normal visits to schools were virtual of course.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I can't share pictures for obvious reasons but I work in health care, more specifically providing direct care for patients coming out of various surgeries and who are recovering/unable to go home yet, need physical rehab or need 24/7 supervision before they are cleared to go home.

However due to covid my unit is also doubling as covid unit so one side of the unit is sectioned and quarantined off to hold covid positive or suspected possitive patients. Other units in the facility will also transport any of their covid positive/suspected patients to my unit to try and limit the spread as well.

TimeDevourer

Feb 24, 2018
I'm a CPA currently working as an internal auditor. I've been with my company for over 15 years (I started at 16) and worked my way up. Kind of wild to think about!

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Currently, I'm a year into being a mental health practitioner in a NHS community mental health recovery service and on the side am a trainee counsellor. My first time working in an office and doing a 9-5 job, manage my own caseload along with the service's review list. I love the reliability of my work hours, first time not being at the whims of shift rotas. I love my workplace and team!

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Staff accountant at a small public firm. Part way through the CPA program.

They pay my CPA education costs in exchange for two years of employment after I pass the CFE but I probably won't stay in public practice much longer than I have to.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
I worked for 20+ years in logistics (rail) with a focus on overseas and domestic shipments and then moved into business analysis (making 6 figures) until one day last November I was told I was no longer needed as part of a now annual downsizing. Since ce then I've b lounged through a few jobs. My lack of certification has definitely hurt. I'm currently working remotely as a customer advisor for less than half of my previous salary.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
JHS/SHS teacher at a private girls' school. I love my job most of the time. The teaching aspect is always a joy, but some of the administrative stuff and being part of the team of teachers responsible for recruiting new students sucks.

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Operations Shift Leader at a Data Centre for a global company.

Also do a bit of freelance web development on the side.

Coen

Oct 25, 2017
Antwerp, Belgium
I'm a public transport planner. My main responsibility is to make up timetables for trams, subway and busses in Belgium's second largest city Antwerp. I basically try to find a middle ground between what our researchers say would be an optimal public transport network, what local politics will allow, what drivers accept and what we can afford. I then adapt those timetables to driver duties. Recently, I've started a training to become the calender manager on the software suite we (and half the world) use.

It's a field of work I've never even considered when in college, but it's very interesting. Mobility as a science is relatively young and unexplored, but it has a significant impact on our lives. With the unsustainability of our current individual car usage (both carbon emissions and extreme use of public domain), the search for more sustainable ways to transport people is becoming more relevant every day.

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Business Intelligence Engineer at a large global tech company supporting accounting automation and all things data architecture and regression analysis.

Love my work. My team gets rid of mundane tasks to leave time for analysis and creates new kinds of tools as well. Fun times.

Last edited:

Kreve

Design Director
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Design Director/Lead Designer for games, location based experiences and other crazy future stuff. Worked in indie games then moved to AAA. Now I work in a dream job at my dream company that's a part of a company I wanted to work at since I was 8 years old.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Testing games / telling people to test games all day long. It's QA, so I can assure you that I'm not rich.

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
Clinical informatics analyst. I configure chemotherapy settings and map out cancer treatment protocols for a hospital's electronic health record. Before this I was a humble pharmacist.

Curious how you made the jump from pharmacist to clinical informatics if you don't mind sharing.

Kung Fucius

Jun 28, 2019
I used to be a paralegal to an immigration attorney. The attorney retired, so me and another of his paralegals went into business for ourselves and we help people apply for citizenship, permanent residence, etc. and all kinds of other legal type services. We're really looking forward to DACA being fixed.

I also have a side hustle of writing online news articles.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
I can't share pictures for obvious reasons but I work in health care, more specifically providing direct care for patients coming out of various surgeries and who are recovering/unable to go home yet, need physical rehab or need 24/7 supervision before they are cleared to go home.

However due to covid my unit is also doubling as covid unit so one side of the unit is sectioned and quarantined off to hold covid positive or suspected possitive patients. Other units in the facility will also transport any of their covid positive/suspected patients to my unit to try and limit the spread as well.

Keep it up! You are doing great work.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
software engineer at a fortune 50 company. Mostly security (internal and external) tools.