Fakto

Oct 26, 2017
I'm curious of your actual professions.
I believe there is a breach between how we imagine our fellow posters and reality. My guess is we work in all ways of life, and not all of us work in offices.

Show your work !
Extra: do you like your workplace ?

I start:
20201206-151445.jpg

I do deep water wells, never thought that with a masters in Marqueting I would end up doing this, but I love it!

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
IT - I fix computer issues, set up network equipment at different locations throughout the state and country, and maintain network security.

Extra - Its alright, it was close to my home but now its further out (20 miles away compared to 10 when I used to live at my old home).

Pay is okay , helped me get a lot of stuff done (like make the visa process easier for my wife since they had some threshold where you have to make at least $40,000 - which I wasnt even making half of the money prior to getting my current job) and enough income to build/buy my house.

Gonna focus on getting certs now that my wife has started working (Registered Nurse).

I've been working at this company for 4 years now so once I get my certs - I'm gonna look for a job that is closer to home and that pays more.

Oct 27, 2017
I run a stone quarry. I used to be in charge of this place

But I've since moved on to bigger and better places

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well I used to write about games.

Now I manage problems for big companies and tell them how to solve them.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
I work in a steel mill. Either on Electric Arc Furnace, AOD Convertor or at secondary metallurgy (Vacuum units).

Hard, dangerous, hot and dirty work. But pay is really good.

Last edited:

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
I'm disabled. But a few years back my work (such as it was) was in web development/graphic design. I hated it.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I'm doing IT support desk for a healthcare organization that works drug and alcohol rehabilitation, psychiatric illnesses and other people needing help.

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
Technical artist for an indie studio, so I end up doing a lot of different things from game design to 3D modeling, mostly level design right now though.

Extra: I love it, it can be hard at times to not get to focus on doing something specific, hope to just stay making levels from here on.

Jisgsaw

Oct 27, 2017
System engineer in automotive projects.
I will forever be surprised that the system we develop actually can drive, and quite well at that (I usually work with the big german premium OEMs). Every project I was in (and I'm working in the field for over 7 years now) was just pure chaos.

Extra: yes, a lot. I work in driving assistance system and driving automation, so the subjects are quite interesting. And as the project are always pure chaos, I'm never bored.

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
Video game programmer at a mid-size studio. I am somewhat of a generalist in the gameplay/tools areas.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I code medical records from home. I've had the job almost 20 years. Work monitors on the right (laptop docked on top of the subwoofer) and play on the left. I usually watch TV/movies on the 4k above (audio select on the Z5500) and play music/podcasts/audiobooks on the right vertical. I also use that monitor for my notes & anatomy plates while working. Not pictured: heated back massager that attaches to my chair and also a headed/elevated foot massager platform to put my feet up

gQVSaRK.jpg

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I code medical records from home. I've had the job almost 20 years. Work monitors on the right (laptop docked on top of the subwoofer) and play on the left. I usually watch TV/movies on the 4k above (audio select on the Z5500) and play music/podcasts/audiobooks on the right vertical. I also use that monitor for my notes & anatomy plates while working. Not pictured: heated back massager that attaches to my chair and also a headed/elevated foot massager platform to put my feet up

gQVSaRK.jpg

Hey I still have that audio system as well ( although no hooked up anymore) will eventually use it for my console once I move out but its still one hell of a surround set, 10 years that thing thing is still going strong.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm an ob/gyn in fellowship for high risk obstetric care
My brother does too. You work for a brewery or a distributor or vendor?
I'm doing IT support desk for a healthcare organization that works drug and alcohol rehabilitation, psychiatric illnesses and other people needing help.
Unsung hero, to be sure

gQVSaRK.jpg
That's a sweet gig! Perfect for WFH

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Hey I still have that audio system as well ( although no hooked up anymore) will eventually use it for my console once I move out but its still one hell of a surround set, 10 years that thing thing is still going strong.

There is a klipsch upgrade that I have looked at a few times but I just cannot justify the upgrade cost. The Z5500 was such an amazing price/quality ratio. I feel lucky to have bought it all those years ago!

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
I design software and services, particularly tools that make really complex things really easy to use.

Last edited:

psionotic

May 29, 2019
I teach English and the Humanities at a small Cali public U. This year the theme of my upper-division Humanities course was Game/Play, which has been fun.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
That's a sweet gig! Perfect for WFH

Thanks! I see my co-workers WFH setups and they're balancing a laptop on a tv tray or some equally cringe worthy setup. I'll never understand that. If you have to work 40hrs a week in front of a computer in your own home then you should make it a little paradise!

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
tech analyst for a finance company. nothing exciting but bills are paid :)

Thanks! I see my co-workers WFH setups and they're balancing a laptop on a tv tray or some equally cringe worthy setup. I'll never understand that. If you have to work 40hrs a week in front of a computer in your own home then you should make it a little paradise!

yes this 100000%!!
my coworkers love to get on cam and then ask me why i dont open up the laptop and join them. this sorry ass work laptop is under my desk....

CptdqJL.jpg

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

gQVSaRK.jpg

Awesome set up and sweet job!

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Writer.

Used to tell law firms how to create business development infrastructures but if you've worked with attorneys, you know, that shit is soul crushing.

I miss the money and literally nothing else, I'm much happier now.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a computer engineer at a university-affiliated research center. A lot of the work is classified, so I can't talk about the coolest parts of my job, unfortunately.

Because of the way the company is structured, I have an insane amount of freedom to work on almost anything I want, though. Sometimes that's more traditional computer engineering work like FPGAs, embedded programming and whatnot, other times I'll be doing cybersecurity, data science and machine learning, and almost everything in between. It's never repetitive.

Last edited:

nny

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a researcher at a University (I study animal learning) and also teach.