• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
First 3 tracks started good (by current Em standards) and now it's going off the rails with the sing songy pop bullshit. Still looking forward to getting to that slaughterhouse track.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like this album as much as Kamikaze but if you trim the fat from it, you can make a good 10-12 track album out of this.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I created a Spotify playlist for the album and just cut out all of the junk tracks and came up with this as my recommended track list:

1. Premonition
2. Unaccomodating
3. You Gon' Learn
4. Godzilla
5. Darkness
6. Yah Yah
7. Stepdad
8. Marsh
9. Never Love Again
10. Little Engine
11. Lock it Up

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty solid. Feels like a bunch of throwaways instead of an album as many songs tread the same topics. But step up from his last few fir sure

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I created a Spotify playlist for the album and just cut out all of the junk tracks and came up with this as my recommended track list:

1. Premonition
2. Unaccomodating
3. You Gon' Learn
4. Godzilla
5. Darkness
6. Yah Yah
7. Stepdad
8. Marsh
9. Never Love Again
10. Little Engine
11. Lock it Up

Yeah, this album comes off a whole lot stronger with the filler and fat cut.

Mr_Mondee

Nov 23, 2017
Really enjoying the album despite a few filler songs.

Stepdad has to be one of my favourite strangely. The beat, the flow are great and the storytelling while serious is also hilarious i find!

Darkness is another masterpiece, only on my second listen and after watching the video did i understand it was a double entendre.

Edit: In regards to the past about Infinite a couple pages back... All i have to say is that it needs to be re-released! That song is in my view on of EM's best!

"You heard of Hell, well, I was sent from it, I went to it, serving a sentence, For murdering instruments" still baffles my mind!

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Still no Weeknd feature smh

Only thing I look forward to on a new Eminem album

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Way less, after the intro with him saying it's done that should've been it but then he mentions/references him at least two more times.
Gotcha

I really don't like how insensitive the dude is. He'll put words together that bend and rhyme no matter how callous. Like why respect someone who won't sympathize with people who were fatal victims to a terrorist attack? It's a spit in the face to the family of those lost

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Gotcha

I really don't like how insensitive the dude is. He'll put words together that bend and rhyme no matter how callous. Like why respect someone who won't sympathize with people who were fatal victims to a terrorist attack? It's a spit in the face to the family of those lost

I'm going to need an explanation here. His new video is all about needing gun reform because of a terrorist attack.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha

Won't sympathize with victims?

Eminem helps raise almost £2 million for Manchester Attack victims

It's a dumb line sure, but he has done something to help. To clarify he didn't raise that amount above, but he asked people to donate at the time.

But yes, I do agree the line was not in good taste.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When 47 year old Eminem talked about not knowing if he was cheating on his partner with his mistress or cheating on his mistress with his partner...I felt that

/s

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Second full listen:

First off above all else, the production is surprisingly good?

There is where I'm at:

TES
MMLP
Relapse
SSLP
MMLP2
Music to be Murdered
Kamikaze
Encore
Recovery
Revival
Yeah it's good music, some stuff I like, some stuff I don't like, some stuff I love. Good music. I'm a hip hop fan and this is making my morning hearing some real rap. I want more darkness instead of his speed flow, but there's enough good stuff here from 20 songs, it's much better than his last one which didn't age well for me outside of ringer.

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
Gave it a skim. As expected, almost all the beats range from forgettable to trash. Even the Alchemist joint was a disappointment. I was excited to hear a Black Thought and Q-Tip collab and then I reminded myself it was over a beat approved by Em.

RedHand

Oct 27, 2017
Eminem is obviously not an exemplar of taste, but "Darkness" is really gross. Making a track that acts both as a description of substance abuse and anxiety over performing a show and a description of an actual mass murder over a hamfisted sample is just bafflingly awful and misguided.

Vctor182

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Eminem is obviously not an exemplar of taste, but "Darkness" is really gross. Making a track that acts both as a description of substance abuse and anxiety over performing a show and a description of an actual mass murder over a hamfisted sample is just bafflingly awful and misguided.
The meaning of that song has been about gun control first with substance abuse and anxiety over performing a show second. It really sends a powerful message and I do hope it makes a difference.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Won't sympathize with victims?

Eminem helps raise almost £2 million for Manchester Attack victims

It's a dumb line sure, but he has done something to help. To clarify he didn't raise that amount above, but he asked people to donate at the time.

But yes, I do agree the line was not in good taste.
This goes back to 2013 when he claimed in rap God that he'll get away with mentioning Columbine because he himself wasn't as big of a star, instead of understanding that the first time around when he mentioned Columbine it was still a very recent mass shooting and not just about him

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol wtf? This album is pretty good. 75% of it ranges from good to really good.

Theres 3-4 songs he could have left on the cutting room floor, but other than that, this is impressive

Lol @ people saying all the beats are trash. These beats are waaaaaay better than before kamikaze

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol wtf? This album is pretty good. 75% of it ranges from good to really good.

Theres 3-4 songs he could have left on the cutting room floor, but other than that, this is impressive

Lol @ people saying all the beats are trash. These beats are waaaaaay better than before kamikaze
My problem is they're not Eminem beats. They're generic as hell and I'd expect them to show up in other artists songs. Not Eminem's.

That's just for the decent songs on the album though. The rest sound like that overproduced unlistenable junk like Berserk from MMLP2. I couldn't make it through the entirety of most of the songs on the first half like the one with the Ed Sheeran ft. It's not that I don't like him. He just keeps ending up featured in terrible songs.

I think basically only Royce's songs will end up in my regular rotation. Any of the other good songs were ruined with a terrible chorus.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Lebron & Tom Brady shout outs.

"If it happened to James it can happen to Shady
they do the same shit to Brady.
More people hate me than love me,
this game will make you go Crazy"

So glad there's finally a wrapper with something to say.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There it is.

If someone played me these before today and said they featured Eminem I wouldn't question it. The vast majority don't feel like Eminem beats.
I'm just disappointed because the past couple albums at least had one or two songs that sounded slightly like some of his older shit. Just skimming through my regular playlist, even Revival at least gave us Castle and Framed.

Vctor182

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"All the hate, can't tell exactly where it stems from
But it's happening again, huh?
Y'all used to be in my corner
Now you just backed me in one
Innocent bystanders, I'm bound to hit some
For some adversaries, I carry big guns
So some targets'll get the kill shot
Some, I just barely nicked 'em"

Poor nick, 3 diss songs gave him 1 mention.