• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Considering it's EGS exclusive and I had to uninstall the epic launcher to get Elden Ring working (seriously), probably not.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Lol

Even more lol because by the time I'm done with Elden Ring, Horizon, and whatever else I want to play like Kirby, SoP will probably be bomba prices.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
While this may or may not be a joke thread I wasn't gonna touch Elden Ring since it was in between Horizon and Stranger of Paradise as I'm more hyped for those games. I'll probably try it after I'm done with SoP

Big Powder

Oct 25, 2017
No, I don't think I'll be picking it up unless I find it on sale for $10 or so. I'm mildly curious, but I didn't even finish the demo.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I pre-shelved Sifu and Horizon Forbidden West to play Elden Ring.

I won't shelve Elden Ring for anything until I feel good and done/satisfied. And then I'm going to play it some more just because I'm angry OP asked.

jikevgw

Jan 22, 2020
Hell no . I'm waiting for strangers to come to gamepass . Having to much fun in elden ring . Crazy thing about it I was deep into horizon forbidden west and told myself not to play elden ring till I finish horizon and I played elden one time and haven't been back to play horizon yet .

Rask

Oct 25, 2017
I pre-shelved Sifu and Horizon Forbidden West to play Elden Ring.

I won't shelve Elden Ring for anything until I feel good and done/satisfied. And then I'm going to play it some more just because I'm angry OP asked.
This. And that was a tough week, seeing everyone frothing over HFW. The hype+fomo hit really hard. And then Elden Ring came out and I forgot there were other games in the world.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I'm still working on finishing 2 games from this year before starting Elden Ring lol… who knows when I'll get to SoP 😥

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Nahhh. I will wait until I've finished a playthrough or burnt out on Elden Ring first before picking up SoP.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Not happening homie.

charlie-murphy-laugh.gif
Right?

Oct 29, 2017
I don't even know what Strangers of Paradise is, but even then the answer is no.

Elden Ring > all else until I've exhausted my time with it. Which will be…who knows how long, it's really damn good.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on course to complete ER before SoP comes out. But I would.

I need to kill Chaos.

PettySpirit

Dec 23, 2018
Stranger of Paradise doesn't come out for a little bit. But I'unno, maybe? Probably? Like Nioh, Stranger of Paradise appeals to me in many ways the actual Souls games just don't. It's not the same experience, and I like that.

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely not and I don't really care if Elden Ring is all I play for the rest of the year. (+ my fighting games but those are always on deck)

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
No. It even sure I'm getting SoP yet - depends on what the reviews say.

But I'm probably gonna beat Elden Ring with at least two characters before I switch to something else.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
This. And that was a tough week, seeing everyone frothing over HFW. The hype+fomo hit really hard. And then Elden Ring came out and I forgot there were other games in the world.

I actually had a harder time and fomo with Sifu because it was a game I could potentially finish in time, but I knew the difficulty might take me some time to master. And it doesn't seem like the kind of game you want to put down and then pick back up after a while rusty.

I came to terms when the release dates came together that HFW would have to wait because there was no way I would finish that in enough time. So my fomo was more in the sense that I would want to stop those games early and not give them their due time.

3 GOTY contenders for me releasing in the same month is just brutal plus everything on gamepass. I generally only play 1-2 games at a time, so it may be April before I get around to something different.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably take a break from ER so I'm not completely burnt out by it. I am looking forward to playing SoP.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't even know this game existed.

I haven't played a FF game since like FF8, but this looks interesting. I won't be dropping Elden Ring for it, but if it reviews well, I might give it a shot.

acrowe

Alt-Account
Banned
Feb 8, 2022
I liked Nioh and was interested in SoP but I don't think I'll be "shelving" the greatest game ever made to play a 2022 Square Enix game 😂

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring was gonna be the first AAA I purchased since REmake 2 back in 2019.

Worrying performance issues scared me off though as I'm only rocking a GTX 1080 on my PC.

Already have Distant Worlds 2 preordered for a 3/10 release so I'm just going to slot that in and wait and see if ER gets any performance patches in the future.

Pikagreg

Feb 5, 2018
I really want to play SoP and loved the demo and multiplayer sounds like a great time but Elden Ring is so much larger and better than I expected and I feel like my hands are tied until Xenoblade 3

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017
I have no idea what Strangers of Paradise is so no.

Edit, oh it's a FF game that'll probably only really come out on the PC in 2 years, so no hurry. I've got plenty of chaos to kill in ER already.

Last edited:

Ryu bogard

Nov 23, 2017
There is so much to do in Elden ring. I think I can play Elden ring until FF goes on sale or gamepass if ever.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Much as FF Origin intrigues me there's no chance I can hop into it fresh off of Elden Ring. I need a palette cleanser or three before then. Will def check it out by year's end though!