• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit parrying in this game is so satisfying. I try to Parry everything I touch now. OOF.

I even parried a mini boss lmaoo.

I had to turn off steam overlay to even start the game or it would auto crash lol. Ended going samurai build. Decent hp, dex, str.

Question: how do you two hand weapons in this game? I'm on controller.

Hold Triangle/Y + either R1/R2 (RB/RT) for right hand weapon or L1/L2 (LB/LT) for left hand weapon.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
fuck me the Tree Sentinel >_>
Lure it to the field next to the church with the small tree in the middle, and bait it to destory the tree. Then you can circle it in the open space.

A couple of tips if you need them:
- Fight him on horse back.
- Lock on and get distance, tap horse's burst speed to get away from attacks, then immediately turn and burst back and hit once with a light attack, repeat.
- For the attack where he lowers his spear and charges, just run away if you can't avoid it.
- Just for this fight, remove the crouch input from the controller screen. You won't be able to crouch, but you can sometimes (at least I do) click it in the heat of battle and dismount by mistake.
- Clear the area of animals before you aggro him, so you don't lock in to them by mistake.

Fire Emblem

Feb 13, 2022
I've beaten him accidentally after many attempts... I used the NPC summon to distract him and also summoned a Jellyfish at the start of the fight.
They both died once he was around 40% left and I didn't realize he died after I spammed all my remaining Glittershots at him. I thought I was going to die... again.
Gave me enough runes to boost from level 12 to 20, so I was probably severely underleveled for the fight.
I'll try using the npc summon, because while fighting solo he kicks my ass

Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
Framerate with PS4 version is so much better, but now I can't leave the starting zone until it's fully downloaded ;_;

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Ctrl+F "steam overlay".

"Zero results"

I don't see that in that guide and that is what was crashing me at startup. Go into your steam settings and disable it. Try starting the game again from scratch.

Sucks but it worked for me anyways. :/

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
That NPC invader at the Round Table... After 30 attempts, I'll let you have the win for now. Got super close but the instant healing (or at least being unable to interrupt it w/ throwables) is painful.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Hey the stuff I spend dragon hearts on, do I need a wand or whatever to use them or are they equipable as an item?
Are you at the Church of Dragon Communion on the small island? The altar trades you Incantations for the hearts. You'll need a finger seal to cast Incantations and need to meet the Faith and Arcane reqs for them

It seems I'm missing something - how do I use gestures and poses? I'm on PS5.

Press menu button, choose gestures from menu on the right hand side.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
The controls are confusing me so hard. For whatever reason I always want to go down from the horse with X/Square and pressing the left stick on foot to run and like in the network test I always press the left stick accidentally in battle while on the horse. 😓

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Ctrl+F "steam overlay".

"Zero results"

I don't see that in that guide and that is what was crashing me at startup. Go into your steam settings and disable it. Try starting the game again from scratch.

Sucks but it worked for me anyways. :/
Seen that on another website. Already tried it, did nothing. Thanks anyway

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Tree Sentinel down I am the greatest Elden Ring player on the planet clearly.

I just killed a giant golden knight riding a horse while also riding a horse. Horse on horse violence.

This game might be alright.

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
How long does it usually take before someone gets summoned to your world for co-op? I used the wrong option earlier and got summoned to someone else's world where they had TWO helpers.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
what the fuck is up with the sort order of the words and phrases for leaving messages? seems completely random and makes it harder to find what I want to note

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, Mergit rocked me twice. Lol
How do I use that jelly thing I got? I tried putting into a use slot and pressing square but it's greyed out for some reason.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
About 11 hours in and I haven't even fought the first main boss. Downed about a dozen optional bosses & mini-bosses and stumbled upon an absurd amount of cool discoveries. Just spotted another narly looking mini-boss and a fresh new cave before ending the last session. Mind you, I'm still exclusively exploring that first chunk of the map that becomes readable. Not sure what's more impressive, the amount of stuff packed in here or crazy the variety.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
wS5oz3o.png

pls help, how tf am I supposed to get past this?

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
The red square is a max hp up or down. In this case you mentioned, it is max hp down. Take a look at your talismans and equipment, it should tell you what is causing it.

About the Ashes of War, it is not a consumable. You can swap Ashes in your weapons and shield, affecting its scalling too. If you played DS3, it's essentially swappable Weapon Arts.

Thank you. Right now I've the red square buff due to the amulet but I don't know which item is causing the red square debuff. There's any thing like curses or something like that? Because I inspected my equiped items and I don't find anything related with the debuff...

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
wS5oz3o.png

Timing. Just wait for it to go down, then run to the next wall opening. I got to a point on one of the corners/turns where I waited for it to go all the way up before running down to the next section and I was able to make it all the way to the bottom in one sprint before it reached me.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Can't recommend this enough, this has really helped my Astrologer out.

I have not, should I go look for it?

Yes, it's going to help you kill Margit easier. Hopefully you did not kill Patches yet.

How to get Margit's Shackles
In the ravine between western and eastern Limegrave you just jump down using your mount and you will find a small cave along the wall on the west side. Bloody Fingers Nerijus guards the cave, you can fight him or run. Go inside, kill/run past some undead in the first room, be aware of the bell alarms in front of the grass. There will be a passage to your left and it will take you to a room where, believe it or not, Patches is the boss. You'll see a chest, loot it, and it'll trigger the fight with Patches. Get him down to half health and he will plead for his life. DO NOT KILL HIM. Just stand there, he will calm down. Leave the dungeon and come back and he will have a shop open. He sells an item called Margit's shackles, which when used will completely immobilize Margit for a while. Only can be used in the first phase, before Marget gets out the hammer and can only be used to interrupt the attacks once.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
wS5oz3o.png

Are you stuck on the long, skinny path with no walls? The only thing that worked for me was, in the very first stretch, to drop down to the right where the second set of enemies are and then sprint. That way, I was able to make it all the way. If you're stuck somewhere else, I usually had to "lose" the giant trap thing around another corner somewhere when it was patrolling one area too tightly.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Are the Xbox servers ok now?

Killed a bunch of mini bosses but this first real boss margarit or whatever it's name is has destroyed me like 20 times. Also is there a penalty for dying a bunch of times?

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Are Golden Seeds used for anything other than Flask upgrades? Thinking if I should upgrade my Flask more

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Timing. Just wait for it to go down, then run to the next wall opening. I got to a point on one of the corners/turns where I waited for it to go all the way up before running down to the next section and I was able to make it all the way to the bottom in one sprint before it reached me.

Are you stuck on the long, skinny path with no walls? The only thing that worked for me was, in the very first stretch, to drop down to the right where the second set of enemies are and then sprint. That way, I was able to make it all the way.

Yeah, thanks, that was it, I lost time fighting those enemies and was confused, just had to bait it back to the first path and run after dropping down

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Limgrave alone is massive. I haven't even gone into Stormveil Castle proper and just been exploring all over, finding myself in way powerful areas.

I do have to say that Margit makes me worry about future bosses. I'm doing a DEX build and power stancing. But he's so quick and long with his attacks that dodging all of them doesn't seem viable. I had to resort to the old sword and board to beat him.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
woo killed the npc invader in round table hold in one try. bleed dealt a lot more damage than I expected.

Matzpxl

Jun 4, 2019
Brasília, Brazil
Thank you. Right now I've the red square buff due to the amulet but I don't know which item is causing the red square debuff. There's any thing like curses or something like that? Because I inspected my equiped items and I don't find anything related with the debuff...
Wait, so there's two icons, one's the max hp buff and another red square indicating a max hp down? That's strange. Can you post a screenshot?

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I'm asking myself how they could actually release it in this state, but when you're looking at the reception I guess it doesn't really matter at this point. It's such a shame, it seems to be a good game underneath all the issues but it's absolutely unplayable right now.

What are the issues?

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
The fog door area at the first bonfire is a fucking nightmare I love it! If the game has way more unique traps like that it really will be an all time great

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
didnt think id suffer from item anxiety but here i am debating if i should upgrade my starting broadsword or just save my blacksmith stones for a better weapon

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
This game is so majestic, so huge... I am overwhelmed like the first time I started oblivion back in 06'.

Status
Not open for further replies.