• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder if those more powerful Switch rumours releasing next year come to fruition if Nintendo will do a 'new n3DS' and have games exclusive to that platform? That would leave the door open for ports of other RE Engine games in the future for that iteration, perhaps.
i don't see any big game (or honestly, any game of any size) being exclusive to the new system. there's no way capcom or any dev will ignore the 70+ million userbase (assuming the revision is coming q1 2021) and focus on a system starting at 0. it'll be something like pro/x. running the games at higher fps/res, but the original switch will still run all the games.

Looking forward to this turning out to be Monster Hunter Stories 2.
why not both?

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
The tweet in the OP matches the title except for the "more" part

What more did Dusk reveal? I dont want to swift through 10+ pages....and there are no threadmarks.
Shenmue is getting something and MH Switch is running on a modified RE engine.

Last edited:

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Apparently both are happening: MH Switch and MH Stories 2.
giphy.gif

Indeed

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Not particularly. The game itself sold just OK in Japan, but since it was part of a multimedia effort to expand the appeal of the IP, selling just OK isn't enough, especially with the anime being quickly forgotten. Even the pseudo-sequel they made for mobile in Monster Hunter Riders seems have already been forgotten by Capcom themselves and I don't think anyone would be surprised if it gets shut down relatively soon.

That said, Stories wasn't made internally to begin with (Marvelous First Studio did pretty much all the heavy lifting there), so if Capcom were to do another one, it wouldn't involve Ichinose's team at all.
Yeah that's what I thought, thanks for the explanation. That being said as Pokémon fan I need to finally play MH Stories.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
did i imagine it or was it actually leaked that RE8 is cross gen but current gen versions will get announced later?

Nah, I think the rumors are it started as crossgen but Capcom cut current gen to focus on next gen.

I haven't been up to date with Silent Hill rumours, but who do we think is developing it?

One rumor is Sony Japan. No other developer has been rumored. Dusk just says he knows for sure a "Japanese developer" is allegedly making it

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What weapon though? Or like Byleth and make it determined by up/down/side/neutral B?
Incorporate a bunch into the moveset like the Hunter from MvC:I.

God it sucks that she's trapped in that game (as DLC no less). If they make another MvC game then she needs to make it in as part of the base roster (or hell, any Capcom crossover fighter).

Yeah that's what I thought, thanks for the explanation. That being said as Pokémon fan I need to finally play MH Stories.
Stories is very good. Great production values throughout, decent story, plenty of monsters to find and fight, a cool breeding system that lets you do some wild shit that they wouldn't be able to do otherwise (example: my Diablos wound up having a lightning projectile that it inherited from a Khezu), and just an all around great love letter to the series as a whole. I really did hope that we'd get an expanded port of the game by now, since there's content that still hasn't been localized yet like a few extra Monsties and the ability to freely swap genders if you like one armor set better than another from a visual standpoint.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
I cannot imagine Monster Hunter running on a Switch without looking like a PS2 game.
That totally depends on capcom. If they want to make it cheap andxfast than most Likely yea. But if it gets the same attantion as MH usually gets, then i think we can expect scaled down mhworld assets.

to be honest if capcom give ithe Attention it deserves it could very well look like Dragons dogma on switch did

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
RE4 is in a worrying position because they know they won't be able to make it as good as the original

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
RE4 being "worrying" isn't news, it was worrying that they decided to remake it in the first place.

RE8 and MonHun Switch sound really hype

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
before we pile on too much, what I took from that post is it will be amazing to see a new gen mon hun on a nintendo platform.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I cannot imagine Monster Hunter running on a Switch without looking like a PS2 game.
So MH Generations Ultimate on Switch (which is just a port from 3DS, not a custom made Switch game) looks to you like a PS2 game?

before we pile on too much, what I took from that post is it will be amazing to see a new gen mon hun on a nintendo platform.
Hmmm... I read your post after I wrote mine and tried to see it as you did, but I just don't see it. There is already a MH game on Switch that doesn't look like a PS2 game.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
All we need is Hunter (Male and Female) to join Smash similar to Hero with 4 alts wearing iconic armour.
I'll forever say that I'll be more than disappointed if Sakurai or Capcom opt for another human with a sword, instead of using the cats. They're share the "series mascots" spot with Rathalos, for a reason! And it's not like they haven't appeared in collaborations for other big series (Mario Maker, Animal Crossing), either.

And besides, what would be more visually interesting? A human using a possible mish-mash of hunter weapons, or a cat that can launch itself out of a cannon, throw an oversized boomerang, summon a tank that can shoot fireballs and more?

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
Any context to what "soon" means for MH Switch? It'd be nice to finally see some promise and momentum for a system stuck on neutral (but a very impressive neutral, I'll give it that).

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I'll forever say that I'll be more than disappointed if Sakurai or Capcom opt for another human with a sword, instead of using the cats. They're share the "series mascots" spot with Rathalos, for a reason! And it's not like they haven't appeared in collaborations for other big series (Mario Maker, Animal Crossing), either.

And besides, what would be more visually interesting? A human using a possible mish-mash of hunter weapons, or a cat that can launch itself out of a cannon, throw an oversized boomerang, summon a tank that can shoot fireballs and more?
The cats could be used for the final Smash and be part of the taunts.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

The cats suck though.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
The most fun part about MHNX will be how it flips the "Capcom hates/ignores Switch" narrative.

Hopefully that gets reinforced by AA7 and MML3... some day...

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018

AND AND

Can do a Stinger !

maxresdefault.jpg

The most fun part about MHNX will be how it flips the "Capcom hates/ignores Switch" narrative.

Hopefully that gets reinforced by AA7 and MML3... some day...
The departures we've been seeing recently of key AA staff makes it sound like whatever they have or had in mind for AA7 is in complete dev hell, but it is the one series right now where it's not particularly obvious just how you move forward with it in a way that keeps old fans on board while also getting deeply vital new fans into the fold for the first time. If Shu Takumi is back on it, I don't envy that position even with his talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.