• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
There are some very serious issues with the sound in this game. Specially in handheld mode with max volume the music sometimes sounds horribly compressed.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot the full version will let you change the field music to DQ8's. Thank fuck

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of that - do we know if we have to wear the DQ8 outfit to do that, or is it literally just a field music toggle in the menu?
i'm still not clear about that. at e3 they said the outfit and music are gonna be available as part of a dlc bundle, but now they're giving the outfit as free dlc. so i don't know if the music is included or a separate paid dlc.
either way, you won't have to equip the outfit to choose the music.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Do we know for sure that handheld version is 540p? I don't know but for me it looks like it's dynamic there but maybe not but it's definitely not native 720p.

PKMNTrainer

Oct 25, 2017
The orchestra music has made this into a completely different game for me. The surround sound is also fabulous. Shame it's not the best looking version to match, but it's certainly not terrible in that regard.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty good; outside of the lower resolution it looks just like my brain remembers it, even if side by sides show the obvious lighting differences and stuff

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like there's a lighting bug unless this happens on the other versions as well.

When you are indoors and go outside lighting abruptly changes.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Was the cutscenes text autoscroll in the original version? I feel like it wasn't because I vaguely recall being annoyed at having to constantly press A to advance text during cutscenes.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
Turn it off. It repeats itself with different NPCS after awhile.
you will. it's more an annoyance than anything. it makes talking to be some people take longer than needed.

I was hoping for stuff like misdirection and whatnot. it's just a gag

Yeah. Just talked with all NPCs so far and was starting to notice this. Man, I was expecting some misdirection or new dialogue options rotfl..
Can I turn it off now or I do have to restart?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Just talked with all NPCs so far and was starting to notice this. Man, I was expecting some misdirection or new dialogue options rotfl..
Can I turn it off now or I do have to restart?
Go to the church and turn it off.

One thing that sucks is that you can't turn other stuff on.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really that familiar with the DQ games but decided to download the demo.

Surprised by how charming the game is, only played about 15 minutes.

I like the opening cutscene, are there are a lot of cutscenes/story bits of that quality through out the game or is it just one of those "opening CG scene only" type things?

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
The game looks good on my small hd monitor. I prefer it there than undocked which looks a tad too blurry.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
How long is the demo actually? I just reached Heliodor Castle and saved the game in the church.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not really that familiar with the DQ games but decided to download the demo.

Surprised by how charming the game is, only played about 15 minutes.

I like the opening cutscene, are there are a lot of cutscenes/story bits of that quality through out the game or is it just one of those "opening CG scene only" type things?

There are quite a few cutscenes throughout the game.

Oct 26, 2017
you will. it's more an annoyance than anything. it makes talking to be some people take longer than needed.

I was hoping for stuff like misdirection and whatnot. it's just a gag
Yeah, it's disappointing that they removed something like no fleeing, which actually affects the difficulty, and added something that is more like a gag that doesn't have a whole lot of depth to it.

Also annoyed at the lack of first person view. Not really sure how I'm feeling about the overall port right now. The game is still really solid but part of me wonders if the new additions are really going to be worth it for some of these trade offs.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
First dragon quest I really played and I'm hooked!
Finished the demo after 7:15 minutes and will preorder the full game now.
Releasing a demo for this game was a really good strategy

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
It's a massive game. If you have a bunch of difficulty mods on, it'd probably be difficult to get the best ending in under 100 hours.

Basically, when the game looks like it's wrapping up, it pulls a FF6 on you, and it turns out that there's a lot left to do. And then when you "beat" the game, it turns out that there's a TON of new story content & quests to do after that. It's basically a game in 3 parts & at the end of the demo, you're maybe 1/3rd-1/4th of the way through part 1.

"Pulls FF6 on you" Alright.. that kinda sold me.

Is the end game content, and quests consistent at that point? A darker atmosphere, and high quality end game go a long way for me.

Apr 21, 2018
I just want to chime in and say, as someone who didn't play DQ11 on PS4 and have no point of reference, I find this game strikingly beautiful and with a beautiful orchestrated soundtrack. The load times are basically nonexistent, and everything feels very polished.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I have played some of this game on both PS4 and PC and was hesitant to get it again due to what I assumed would be a huge downgrade graphically.
Well DAMN lol I just started the demo and I'm shocked at how great it looks docked. I think I expected way worse so I am pleasantly surprised.
And with all of the extras this has it's just a no brainer so I'm gonna preload it tonight.
Ultra fast battle is great! Am I crazy or do you live faster running around now also?? Symphony soundtrack is just love.
Having played about halfway through the game on PS4 and based on all this version has to offer, I highly recommend anyone on the fence to at least try the demo. DQ11 is my 2nd favorite game in the series and I'm as excited playing now as I was day 1 on PS4 :)))

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
I am looking forward to the DQ8 music, I've got to say. The music all sounds very good, which I imagine it didn't as a MIDI, but oh my god is it repetitive. It's not really bad, but both the field and battle music are basically one melody repeated over and over with some doodly bits inbetween, which has very rapidly started to annoy me considering how much you hear.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I am looking forward to the DQ8 music, I've got to say. It all sounds very good, which I imagine it didn't as a MIDI, but oh my god is it repetitive. It's not really bad, but both the field and battle music are basically one melody repeated over and over with some doodly bits inbetween, which has very rapidly started to annoy me considering how much you hear.
Never played DQ 11 yet but were many really bothered by the soundtrack being midi synthesized or is it because the songs themselves just sounded repetitive?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This might be a 10 hours long demo, but I swear it's going to take me 20 hours with all Draconian mods.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Never played DQ 11 yet but were many really bothered by the soundtrack being midi synthesized or is it because the songs themselves just sounded repetitive?
I've seen a bit of both. I know a lot of people said the MIDI sounded pretty bad, but I've heard criticism of the quality of the music itself as well.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Downloaded the demo and was disappointed to see that the Draconian no flee option was removed. I wanted to add a little bit of difficulty without using harder monster, so I wanted to try a combo of Reduced XP from low level monster and No fleeing. Oh well, I only selected Reduced XP so I don't overlevel.

Also, is that Draconian notification going to go away at some point? It's in the middle left of the screen and very annoying.

I enjoy good Midi composition (played a ton of PC games back in the hey day of Midi using a Gravis Ultrasound and various soundbanks. The midi composition is just plain horrible, they selected some of the worst sounding instruments ever. Music was so bad I had to turn it down to 1 out of 10 (didn't want complete silence) until I finally got the PC orchestrated mod..

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded the demo and was disappointed to see that the Draconian no flee option was removed. I wanted to add a little bit of difficulty without using harder monster, so I wanted to try a combo of Reduced XP from low level monster and No fleeing. Oh well, I only selected Reduced XP so I don't overlevel.

Also, is that Draconian notification going to go away at some point? It's in the middle left of the screen and very annoying.

I don't know why the option even exists (OR WHY IT'S ON BY DEFAULT) but there's an option in the settings menu to turn it off.

I also thought the game was just showing a temporary pop up but then after an hour I started digging around menus lol.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

You can turn that off in draconian settings.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, I thought it was a temp setting to remind you. Didn't realize it was permanent until you turned it off. So stupid for it to be the default setting or even an option in the first place. Seems like it is for someone who took a 6 month break between playing and forgot they had Draconian features turned on or something lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.