• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, in my early 20s a bunch of my friends and I went to a casting call for that shitty old show Beauty and the Geek.

I said something that got me put in one of those quick snippets in a season premiere. (Try to find me!)

One of the people we went with actually got asked to be on the show and turned it down as he thought he'd embarrass himself on it. I mean in a way, I could understand but man the money they'd give you for 2-4 weeks of living in a mansion, let alone if you actually ended up winning.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
I'm the closest thing to the owner of one of the most infamous oc's of all time, Coldsteel the Hedgehog.
According to knowyourmeme and Kotaku anyway, because I was the first to post the pic outside of 4chan and on to my old twitter account I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
fl
when i was young and very dumb and going to a con i made a decision dumb young people did and interrupted the funny voices and sounds guy from police academy (can't remember his name right now) and asked him to do one (you can't possibly hate me more than i hate myself for that one)

i got a buddy who's good friends with him! funny though cause they both are pretty much sfx masters. i can only picture a conversation between them in some alien language

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I had, like, 5-6 TF2 hats back when having even one was a big deal and then someone made a website where you could see people's inventory, so mine was one of the most viewed profiles because of that.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I've seen half the giant bomb crew walking around SF.

Also, somewhere out there there exists a picture of me walking the Tron Legacy premiere red carpet (it was blue) next to Dane Cook....

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
My family owns the bar Snooki got punched at on Jersey Shore.

I was a member of the Slammy Award Winning Raw After Wrestlemania 29 Crowd

I've had tweets liked and replied to by David Hayter and AJ Lee and Stone Cold Steve Austin once Cyber Stunnered me through Twitter.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Two most interesting ones:

I used to run a Jane's Addiction fan page and became friendly with the band and a lot of people associated with them. I used to get VIP passes to Lollapalooza, chat on the phone with band members, etc. I eventually gave up the site when I became a tool used for inter band squabbling and became very disenchanted with my once musical heroes.

I founded a group called Keep the Rams in St. Louis a couple years before they moved. I was on the news 4-5 times for this. I was basically the voice of the fan when local news wanted an interview about whatever news was coming out about it at the time. We held a rally, had ex players come, put together sign campaigns etc. If you're from St. Louis and were a Rams fan, you knew of me or what I helped organize.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I was chosen to meet then-Prime Minister Gordon Brown at my college. I only wanted to skip class for a few minutes.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Bill Trinen tweeted one of my GAF posts about Pikmin 3 Bingo Battle being awesome a few years ago.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Meow The Jewels shirt that I wore to a Run the Jewels concert. I was up front during the set so I took off the shirt and held it up. Killer Mike saw it and smiled.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. How is the restaurant? Still around?

Oh it was sold before I was born, and I haven't been back to the Berkshires in years. She was my Grandmother's cousin, and had moved out of the area before I was born. I honestly don't remember ever meeting her.

I don't know if the place is still a restaurant.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
don't put yourself down like that. guy was prolly just having a bad day. i've played shows at big cons before... it can take a toll on you!

naw nothing the guy said was bad hahaha I just think anyone doing what I did is an asshole because nobody deserves to be hounded about something like that. it's perspective brought about by being older and wiser

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
-People somehow still remember all the FFXI remixes I made over a decade ago
-Founding father of a Georgia Tech fraternity
-Managed to get several tweets picked up in tweet compilation articles on CBSi sites (including rapid reactions to Falcons games and my quip about that god awful movie Bright)
-I made a joke tweet about Mark Cerny being like Orlando Jones in The Time Machine, and one of the two people to like the tweet was Orlando Jones. lmao

Last edited:

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This fits squarely in the "tales from my ass obvious invention you didn't invent it at all " category but back in the day when single image image macro memes were taking off - they didn't by and large use "Impact" font - so whenever I made any or response images I would switch to impact because it read perfectly on anything and would also take a drop shadow really well (I would just repeat a white text layer in photoshop.) the first one I made that I can remember using the font was an "I'd hit it" (so hard that whosoever can pull me out will be the rightful king of england) on top of the Excalibur image from the boorman movie poster.

After that I started to see a trickle and then eventual ubiquity of Impact. Probably a coincidence of invention happening in multiple places but hey - I helped it at least. I also saw that specific meme stolen and ruined dozens of times but can't find my original one online anymore.

Last edited:

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Two most interesting ones:

I used to run a Jane's Addiction fan page and became friendly with the band and a lot of people associated with them. I used to get VIP passes to Lollapalooza, chat on the phone with band members, etc. I eventually gave up the site when I became a tool used for inter band squabbling and became very disenchanted with my once musical heroes.

Would you say they treated you like a rag doll?

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I once got an email from Jeremy Soule.

I once bumped into Finnish actor Jasper Pääkkönen.

I made this gif.
castle-speechless.gif

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
I'm listed in the "Special Thanks" section of a Criterion DVD booklet for helping them locate a long-lost, full-length nitrate print of a film they later used for the transfer on disc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have one YouTube video with almost 300k views.

On that note, I was actually one of the first major let's players. My Super Mario 64 let's play was the most popular on youtube at the time, as still is one of the most popular. Part 1 has close to 500k views.

Other ones, particularly Diddy Kong Racing which was my first one and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, also are really high up there in views. I think THPS part 1 is actually over 500k.

That was 10 years ago. I dropped off. Youtube changed so much since then. Recently I've been making a few vids again though on Dragon Ball Legends.

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I met Jon Stewart while working at Home Depot. It was just a quick hello.

I met Jim Norton at two separate comedy shows. He was decent.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I made a lame Imgur album describing the plot of the Warcraft series that got a lot of attention for some reason.

Baka Sempai

Oct 30, 2017
I actually have one more,....

I had dinner with all of the L.A. Kings a couple of times and they remembered me because I mistakenly wrote a typo in a banner ad for "Drew Doughty" when I used to run their marketing campaigns. Also met in person Donovan from the L.A. Galaxy because they're all under the same umbrella of AEG. Got a bunch of swag.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
I was on local TV (brazil) when I went to Rio for the tryouts to play soccer on Botafogo when I was 16 years old. There was a news coverage of the selection event and I was one of the people interviewed for it.
Didn't get selected for the team though. :(

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I was in the audience for one of those children's Saturday morning cartoon block shows, and told a joke for the camera too. I was maybe 10 years old. My parents might've recorded it to VHS back in the day, no idea if it's still around or survived all these years though.
I remember back on set when the crew went around asking if any kids had jokes to tell, one of the other kids said the one about a Mexican killing his wife ("Tequila"), which was met with laughter but a very serious "no... no we can't do that one".

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
I stayed in a friend's aunt's NYC apartment while they were out of town and slept in the bed of her cousin who is an actor most people here have probably seen, but don't know.

A celebrity chef lives in my neighborhood and I bump into him at the grocery store and farmers' market once in awhile.

I spent Thanksgiving with a director whose movie was submitted by his country for best foreign film to The Oscars. It was not selected as a nominee.

A friend of mine was in a Marilyn Manson video because she just happened to be at the filming location that day. She's featured in a couple of shots.

I ran into OJ Simpson once on South St in Philadelphia. I did not say hello.

A guy I know has made expensive dog houses owned by people like Barbra Streisand and 2 Chainz.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I posted the "Press F to pay respects" bit from Advanced Warfare onto /r/gaming and got to the front page.

It had blown up on Twitter prior but I sometimes wonder if I had any influence on that meme getting as big as it was

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
2002 Spring Break push up champion at Panama Beach.

Had beer and food with Liv Tyler and Kristin Cavalerri on separate occasions. Totally random both times.