• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Watched a bit of Frozen 2 (didnt finish it cause it was late night)

Did watch the first two eps of X-Men (1990s) and man it was glorious!

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017

EDebs1916

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does the Samsung Smart Hub Disney + app show content in 4K? It says 4K when you click through to info but only says HD when I select the item.

I'm asking because the Disney + app on my PS4 is absolutely terrible thanks to the PS4 WiFi. I've got a google mesh router that gives me a consistent 120 mbps anywhere in my condo and my PS4 two feet away downloads at 26.7 mbps according to the test.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Watched a bit of Frozen 2 (didnt finish it cause it was late night)

Did watch the first two eps of X-Men (1990s) and man it was glorious!
Don't forget to watch X-men evolution too, once it gets past its dependence on early 2000's teenage slang it's a great take on, let's take a bunch of core Xmen as teenagers in modern day but leave some of the supporting ones(Wolverine, Storm, Beast) as adults, so you get some really unique dynamics out of it and some good world building/escalation

Also Fantastic Four Worlds Greatest heroes is totally worth a watch too, just a solid core Fantastic Four show without any real negatives(I mean... it uses the 2000's movie as a rough origin but otherwise it's it own thing)

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Don't forget to watch X-men evolution too, once it gets past its dependence on early 2000's teenage slang it's a great take on, let's take a bunch of core Xmen as teenagers in modern day but leave some of the supporting ones(Wolverine, Storm, Beast) as adults, so you get some really unique dynamics out of it and some good world building/escalation

Also Fantastic Four Worlds Greatest heroes is totally worth a watch too, just a solid core Fantastic Four show without any real negatives(I mean... it uses the 2000's movie as a rough origin but otherwise it's it own thing)

I love X-Men Evolution, watched it all the time when I was younger so yep, gonna watch that again!

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
YES FROZEN 2 OMGIFBUDAISHDUAISHDUIASHUDSAUIDHSAID

One of the best movies in 2019 and can't wait to stream tomorrow.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
I was hoping with Disney dropping all the early releases that the UK might be getting early access

I'm not sure if it's true but someone said its launching on the 24th because they have the rights to show stuff on that date and not before.
So I don't think could launch it early, not sure if frozen 2 is coming when it launches though

mr-paul

Oct 27, 2017
London
Will be very interesting if Frozen 2 launches with Disney Plus in the UK. It's only being released for digital download here tomorrow, and isn't out on Blu-Ray/DVD until 30th March. Would be unprecedented if it's available to stream before its physical release.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Man the PS4 app is shit.

I finally subscribed and it refuses to output 5.1 sound, where Netflix, Blu-rays etc. all work fine.

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
Anyone else like The Rocketeer? I think it's still one of the best superhero movies (have the poster in my room)- but Everytime if get my wife to rewatch it with me- she Cannot get past the first 10 minutes

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Last edited:

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Anyone else like The Rocketeer? I think it's still one of the best superhero movies (have the poster in my room)- but Everytime if get my wife to rewatch it with me- she Cannot get past the first 10 minutes

I really like it. However, I don't think it's going to find a "new" audience on Disney+. The effects and overall cheesiness would be an acquired taste this many years later (in my opinion).

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched Willow for the first time ever last night. Damn
That was a lot of fun. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't gotten more play in the past couple decades post LOTR and the Harry Potter films success.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I really like it. However, I don't think it's going to find a "new" audience on Disney+. The effects and overall cheesiness would be an acquired taste this many years later (in my opinion).
I dunno, they do have a new Disney Plus series loosely based on the Rocketeer, so maybe people check it out because of that?

That was a lot of fun. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't gotten more play in the past couple decades post LOTR and the Harry Potter films success.

Isn't it getting a series on Disney +?

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
It had a trilogy of books in the late 90s that Chris Claremont wrote. It was set like fifteen years in the future after a magical apocalypse killed everyone from the movie except Willow (who goes by Thorn), the princess, and the two little munchkin things that the comedians played in the movie.

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
If you haven't seen Return to Oz you are missing out. Watched this for the first time last weekend. Very trippy and cool movie with lots of awesome practical effects.

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Love this movie. Criminally underrated. I've yet to run into a Disney employee at their parks (when the topic happens to come up) that has even heard of The Rocketeer. So I always recommend it to them. Plus the helmet and jet pack can be seen in Hollywood Studios off the main entry strip to the left at a food kiosk called "Peevy's"

It's a fun movie that perhaps tries to ape the, at the time successful, Indiana Jones movies but considering the lack quality superhero movies at the time it's no surprise.

Since owned by Disney, I always wondered if The Rocketeer would find itself folded into the Marvel-verse. Or at least re-introduced into the modern audiences who, thus far, can't get enough Disney/Marvel branded shit.

It's a great property. Would love a revamped period film. You could even have a pre-frozen Captain America give him a bit of a rub.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Love this movie. Criminally underrated. I've yet to run into a Disney employee at their parks (when the topic happens to come up) that has even heard of The Rocketeer. So I always recommend it to them. Plus the helmet and jet pack can be seen in Hollywood Studios off the main entry strip to the left at a food kiosk called "Peevy's"

It's a fun movie that perhaps tries to ape the, at the time successful, Indiana Jones movies but considering the lack quality superhero movies at the time it's no surprise.

Since owned by Disney, I always wondered if The Rocketeer would find itself folded into the Marvel-verse. Or at least re-introduced into the modern audiences who, thus far, can't get enough Disney/Marvel branded shit.

It's a great property. Would love a revamped period film. You could even have a pre-frozen Captain America give him a bit of a rub.

They obviously reupped the license to do the Disney Jr. show, but I'm not sure you can have him appear in the Marvel Universe, and I'm not sure that he retains his "specialness" being added to a universe with actual superheroes and people who can build suits of armor that fly. I guess that's up to the estate of Dave Stevens though.

Status
Not open for further replies.