• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else with a 2016 LG OLED unable to install the app? It just won't install on my B6. Granted I don't have the TV updated to the latest firmware (because it screws up the black levels) so if that's the problem I'll just use my Xbox One X.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Anyone watching Disney + on Xbox and the picture quality is really damn dark?

I was using the app on my Samsung but crazy audio sync issues.

Watching it on the Xbox and it's....dark but the audio issues are gone.

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
Have been watching on apple tv with no issues. A continue watching tab would be great.

Oct 27, 2017
Out of all the content on day one, kid's first viewing is Empire Strikes Back. Wife's first viewing is Old Yeller. Service is having the desired effect.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Mandalorian was fucking phenomenal.

And my word, Ludwig tryna earn another Oscar for that score???

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else getting Watchlist issues? Trying to remove some stuff, but when I click on them, it appears with a + as if it was never added it. Can't seem to remobe anything with this :x

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little disappointed with the lack of "imagineering" in the UI. It's not even fully featured much less interesting or helpful.

My kid wanted Sheriff Woody as a profile icon, but that is not offered for some reason.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i knew this would happen. there's so much to watch i end up watching nothing. also they really need to give us an option to watch the simpsons at their original aspect ratio. screw that widescreen crap they have on there. simpsons world gave you the option.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watching Disney + on Xbox and the picture quality is really damn dark?

I was using the app on my Samsung but crazy audio sync issues.

Watching it on the Xbox and it's....dark but the audio issues are gone.
Looks pretty good for me. I do have an issue with my TCL that it will occasionally switch to HDR and get really dark but switching inputs solves it.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
i knew this would happen. there's so much to watch i end up watching nothing. also they really need to give us an option to watch the simpsons at their original aspect ratio. screw that widescreen crap they have on there. simpsons world gave you the option.

It's not just the simpsons that has that problem. I was noticing that an episode of Chip N' Dale was stretched to 16x9 as well.

Oct 31, 2017

Song of the South dropping soon!

Do we know if the rights revert if Sony is bought out or not?

2011 Amended contract says the rights are transferable.

This is some weird Deja Vu going on for me.

I'll check when I get home but I SWEAR it was gone last month. Must've been temporary.

Just checked on Hulu. It's not there.

Which star Wars should I have my 6 year old watch first?? He has never seen any of them.

Release order on first watch. Chronological order on rewatches.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For some reason my videos are stopping every 6 and a half minutes. It spins and eventually says I'm not connected to the internet (which I am of course). I click OK, then it goes back to the title screen, I hit play and it resumes right where I was.

Annoying and not sure what is going on. Happened with a few different titles. Mandalorian worked fine last night.

Xbox One X app. Error code 42.

Anyone else seeing this?

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have both a fire 4k TV stick and Roku ultra? I get uhd video with the fire stick but no Atmos, and only get HD video with Atmos on the Roku. My test video has been Frozen.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first 5 minutes of Up so I could witness the heartache in the sharpest of clarity, even through the tears!

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Is anyone having an issue with HRD on xb1x? Watching the mandalorian and the Dolby vision logo popped at the beginning of the episode, but it's definitely not on even though my TV says so. Actually just checked Roku and it looks the same, seems kinda drab.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
The World According to Jeff Goldblum is very entertaining. I could watch this man explore a topic on dog turds and I would have fun. Can't wait for more episodes.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to fire up the X-Men cartoon for my 8 year old. I was shocked at how much he's loving it (because it looks pretty rough by modern standards). We were only supposed to watch one episode but we ended up watching three and only stopping there because of bedtime.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Might be the HDR kicking in, might have to mess with some settings
Idk....I went from the TV app, to the Xbox one X and now the PS4 Pro and mandalorian (and only this show) looks dim to me

Edit: fixed it, my HDMI blsck levels has been grayed out for months. Bi was finally able to get back in there and set it to low and looks much better.

Last edited:

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Why why why could they not be bothered to include a "play from the beginning" button? When you share an account with family it becomes annoying if you all watch similar things.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Was going to sign up for the trial to check out Mandalorian, but now I see this service doesn't even have Anastasia

so what the fuck

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just watched a little of the new adventures of winnie the pooh and it's in HD? how the hell did this happen? wish all the older disney cartoon shows were preserved the same way.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
For some reason my videos are stopping every 6 and a half minutes. It spins and eventually says I'm not connected to the internet (which I am of course). I click OK, then it goes back to the title screen, I hit play and it resumes right where I was.

Annoying and not sure what is going on. Happened with a few different titles. Mandalorian worked fine last night.

Xbox One X app. Error code 42.

Anyone else seeing this?

The one good thing is that my XBX has been really good with its connection all day long. Maybe it makes a difference being directly connected?

Status
Not open for further replies.