• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how the streaming quality compares to Apple TV+. Watched Frozen with the kids and the quality was insane.

Looks like the bitrate on The Mandalorian hovers around ~16mbps, which is pretty low for a 4k steam. Apple TV+ tends to stream at 30+mbps.

Mandalorian audio bitrate is around 256 kbps.

Very similar to Netflix 4K quality as far as bitrates are concerned.

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
I'm at work currently, can someone please let me know if the original(Late 90s?) seasons of Bug Juice are on there?

Thanks in advance.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Do you happen to know where? I go to my account options on apple tv and the 'connected apps' and disney plus is not on there to toggle on/off, unless I am missing it somewhere else in the app?

When I first launched a video it gave me a pop up that asked if I wanted to connect, not sure outside of that.

honestrade

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loaded it up from my laptop at work for the first time and one of the first things I saw was the Davy Crockett tv series - holy shit that takes me back!

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the Muppet show is a problem due to all the actors, comedians, songs and skits that were involved, license issue wise.

Actually, looking it up on Wiki, yeah... it looks like the home video releases it has had in the past had to be all chopped up due to music rights. That sucks, that probably means it's not going to happen on Disney+ any time soon. :(

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
What's the story for it's deletion?

wasn't in the theatrical cut cause they said it was too boring for kids. but then they added it to the movie for the vhs release and it's a great song / emotional centerpiece. its been a back-and-forth for years. dvd versions sometimes had it. i dont think blu ray ever had it.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who has been able to connect, is there a way to watch a series in random order?

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's the story for it's deletion?

Some backstory:

Walt Disney Studios' Jeffrey Katzenberg ordered the scene to be removed from the original cinema release, believing that it would not appeal to young children.

I have the 2012 DVD edition that still has the song (in the freaking full screen version tho) and it looks like I'm still using that to watch Muppet Christmas Carol. I can't watch it without that song.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
lol @ anyone who thinks you can reliably predict demand on launch day for the biggest brand in the world. It's genuinely a situation of "how many servers do you think we need?"... "all of them".

They'll get it figured out quickly but even if their best estimates of numbers were out by less than 10%, that is still a ridiculous amount of missing bandwidth.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I like how Disney created images for when the system is/was down:

47bee4cca73fdb0cc660a14256e79cddef22d10c.png

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
So do you think Disney is gonna leverage data from Disney+ to create original sequels or series for the platform? I hope so damnit, I can't be alone in wanting a new Tron movie or a National Treasure series.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kinda glad the compression and bitrate is still Netflix range so I still have a reason to pick up UHD BRs if I care about picture quality. This service seems awesome but I worry so much about losing the ability to buy those too.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
This is the challenge when a content producer tries to take on a huge technical challenge of managing the server load for a launch like this.

Companies like Netflix started as technology companies first (I mean when they entered streaming market, ignoring root of being a shipping/middle man company first) to evolve into content producers/media companies.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Is anyone else unable to create new profiles on the website version?

edit: nvm, I figured it out

Last edited:

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, was actually able to stream a few minutes of Tangled on my phone, awesome.

Hopefully it stays up. Although I can see when kids get off of school and people off work it will probably go down again.

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Cant access it from Japan, just get a message saying the service isn't available in your region and when I use a VPN I just get an error message.

Really disappointed as Disney already has a streaming service here called Disney Theater which is actually pretty good, but none of the new Disney+ shows are on it and theres no 4K/HDR content either and Disney has said nothing about a possible release here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I wonder when/if the Percy Jackson movies will be added(especially since the books are published by Disney's Hyperion label)

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Finally able to access it on my LG C9

The UI seems nice

The cropping of the old episodes of The Simpsons is not nice

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm kinda glad the compression and bitrate is still Netflix range so I still have a reason to pick up UHD BRs if I care about picture quality. This service seems awesome but I worry so much about losing the ability to buy those too.
I wish Disney didn't charge a premium for their movies over the already premium prices for UHD BRs. I would buy so much more of them.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Very little of what I want to watch is actually streamable right now. The Simpsons, the 90s X-Men series, and the Mandalorian are all failing to load. I can't watch any Pixar shorts either.

Oct 26, 2017
What's the deal with Gargoyles/Xmen/etc? Curious if their old TV animation is new transfers or if they're standard def/working with whatever they had

Bloodsent

Oct 25, 2017
lol I connected our Disney+ account that had the 3 year D23 deal with Verizon and now I am getting a yellow exclamation mark under my account and it says action needed.

Mine too. Also I noticed that the next bill date is still 3 years out instead of what I was assuming should be 4 years out. So how do I know I am actually getting the free year of Verizon in addition to the 3 years I purchased through D23?

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Mine too. Also I noticed that the next bill date is still 3 years out instead of what I was assuming should be 4 years out. So how do I know I am actually getting the free year of Verizon in addition to the 3 years I purchased through D23?

it should put your D23 years on hold until Verizon expires, I'm on hold via live chat

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Don't like how all the Donald duck cartoons are broken up into 6 minute individual titles. You can watch a 6 hour block on YouTube. Just put them in there as "volume 1/Volume 2" etc etc

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Is there a way to change subtitles on the Roku app version? Wife was going to watch Noelle and it has big giant black background subtitles.

Also D+ killed the sound on my Roku earlier and I had to do a hard restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.