• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I've actually never seen the original Muppet movie
I haven't seen any of the muppets movies other than the revival/reboot movie a few years back (or the old series either) so me too on that one

also looking forward to seeing Blackbeard's Ghost! And revisiting the Absent-Minded professor and shaggy dog da

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
No Guardians 2, no Mary Poppins Returns, what gives?
Guardians 2 is on something called FUBOtv. Mary Poppins Returns is on every rental service and will move to Disney Plus after that period is over. People need to get used to that, because most Disney movies are going to be in theaters for months, then on services like iTunes/Amazon for months as digital rentals and then finally to Disney Plus.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Guardians 2 is on something called FUBOtv. Mary Poppins Returns is on every rental service and will move to Disney Plus after that period is over. People need to get used to that, because most Disney movies are going to be in theaters for months, then on services like iTunes/Amazon for months as digital rentals and then finally to Disney Plus.

Endgame is likely a predictor of the turnaround time going forward. ~6-7 months.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Mary Poppins Returns is actually one of the last films from the Netflix deal so it is on there.

Skyejack

Banned
Oct 30, 2019

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
My bad, I thought it made the cutoff.
The movie cutoff was the end of 2018. Only Disney movies released in 2019 will release on D+ right away. It's why Endgame will be there tomorrow (a month sooner than originally announced) but Infinity War will have to wait until some time in 2020.

Skyejack

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
The movie cutoff was the end of 2018. Only Disney movies released in 2019 will release on D+ right away. It's why Endgame will be there tomorrow (a month sooner than originally announced) but Infinity War will have to wait until some time in 2020.
That means we should be seeing Alladin sometime in early 2020 too then. Disney have lots of movies I wouldn't go to a theater for, but am definitely interested in on their service.

I'm also interested in how Disney is going to handle non R rated Fox movies like Ford vs Ferrari. I assume Hulu gets it.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That means we should be seeing Alladin sometime in early 2020 too then. Disney have lots of movies I wouldn't go to a theater for, but am definitely interested in on their service.

I'm also interested in how Disney is going to handle non R rated Fox movies like Ford vs Ferrari. I assume Hulu gets it.

yep, there are a lot of 2019 movies coming to the service next year - Aladdin, The Lion King, Maleficent Mistress of Evil, Frozen 2, The Rise of Skywalker. And that is onto of Captain Marvel and Endgame which will be there at launch.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to wait a few months until they build up a solid back catalog of new content - nothing in there I'm really jumping to see outside of The Mandalorian, and I'll want that to be available in full before I jump in.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
But yeah, Canadians want to sign up cause tomorrow I'm sure the site is going to get hammered

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Is there a official list of 4k/HDR content?

I want to know this too

@OT - excited for the release

This will be officially my first streaming service I got for myself (my parents and wife I got them hotstar for their Indian shows and news lol)

Gonna be doing some binge watching soon!

Anyone know when the app is out for download?

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
no - app store region is based on your login. I have a US one and can use that while still on a UK IP Address. You can also download an app using a US account and then switch back to your normal account. Its down to the apps if they geocheck.

Ah I see. I did manage to change my region to the US (from UK) on my Apple account but I couldn't find the Disney+ app on there. I now realise it's not up there yet so it's my own fault lol.

Switched my Xbox region to the Netherlands and watched That's So Raven before work. What a day.

Just did this via the Xbox App (UK to Netherlands) and it let me add the Disney+ app to my account so we'll see if it lets me sign up and stream when I get access to my Xbox after work today.

Skyejack

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Just need the Android app to go up to see if we can in fact use Google Opinion Rewards credit towards this. If so, count me in for a year.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
At what time is the first episode of the Mandalorian available? The series has an own page since the latest update, but it just says coming nov 12. I assume it's the same time as in NA, but I really don't know.

Nov 26, 2017
Is there a official list of 4k/HDR content?
I want to know this too

@OT - excited for the release

This will be officially my first streaming service I got for myself (my parents and wife I got them hotstar for their Indian shows and news lol)

Gonna be doing some binge watching soon!

Anyone know when the app is out for download?
https://dlprumourtracker.blogspot.com/2019/11/whats-on-disney.html?m=1 A list of movies from Netherlands Disney Plus in 4k take with a grain of salt until tomorrow

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
anyone have a total playthrough if you were to watch every single thing non stop?

lord know someone is going to do it for the 15 minute fame if they don't die.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
So if I'm reading this correctly... if I sign up for the bundle with my Hulu email I get the discount, essentially making D+ and ESPN+ a $7 add-on, but then I will still have to access that content through an app apart from Hulu?

Come on Disney, I don't want yet more icons on my device app screens. :(

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
So if I'm reading this correctly... if I sign up for the bundle with my Hulu email I get the discount, essentially making D+ and ESPN+ a $7 add-on, but then I will still have to access that content through an app apart from Hulu?

Come on Disney, I don't want yet more icons on my device app screens. :(

Yup, I thought there was a report that Disney + was going to be an add on possibility for Hulu.

But it does help for all the people that wanted the bundle who had Ad free Hulu or wanted Ad free Hulu

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
I'm going to wait a few months until they build up a solid back catalog of new content - nothing in there I'm really jumping to see outside of The Mandalorian, and I'll want that to be available in full before I jump in.
yeah i made this mistake with DC universe, just jumping in too fast because I was so excited. I should have waited till they had at least 3 original shows on the service. That being said, I think once the first marvel content comes out, along with Mandalorian, I will jump in. Granted I have kids who are super hyped so... lol who knows.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
anyone have a total playthrough if you were to watch every single thing non stop?

lord know someone is going to do it for the 15 minute fame if they don't die.
Because there are so many old shows with tons of episodes each you'd probably have to watch 4 screens simultaneously to be able to have a chance of doing it.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
yeah i made this mistake with DC universe, just jumping in too fast because I was so excited. I should have waited till they had at least 3 original shows on the service. That being said, I think once the first marvel content comes out, along with Mandalorian, I will jump in. Granted I have kids who are super hyped so... lol who knows.
I mean the perk this has is that it's also going to get on going Disney shows a few months after they end as well, so it's not just it's Disney content it'll continue to add the current tv content over time too. Plus some odd currently missing stuff like a good chunk of it's a laugh output like Pair of Kings

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think if I had younger kids, I'd probably have no qualms about joining on launch day. I just have so little time and so many other shows to watch that I don't know I'd get much value from it immediately.

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
So, they're not letting people download the app early, and are launching in North American prime time, rather than earlier in the day to get out the kinks.

I get the feeling they want the servers to overload to build more hype for the service by saying "due to overwhelming demand..."

Well, first thing I'm watching...

BrXxoXS.jpg

As a Norwegian I remember that movie a very Nostalgic thing for me growing up in the 90's, it's one Norwegian movie I remember had quite the budget since most Norwegian movies were terrible at the time I did not realize Disney had a hand in it.

I did not even realize that Gabriel Byrne played the pirate until years later.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely feel like Disney is asking for a bunch of problems by not having the app available to download yet, or better information for these bundles. I get the free one year from verizon, but there is literally no information on how to redeem yet.

I feel like having everything go up tomorrow is going to create quite a bit of headache

Status
Not open for further replies.