• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Kemp said with the reopenings he expected cases of the virus to increase, but believed that the state would be able to stay on top of it with increased hospital capacity. State officials would also be on the lookout for any possible hot spots for the virus.

He knows this is going to get worse.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Is it within California's power to prevent interstate travel from these states?

Cause I'd like for us to keep our cases low!

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
This is the dude that was on TV a few weeks ago saying he didn't know that it could spread asymptomatically right?

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Why even bother closing them to start with if you're just going to reopen while things are at their worst

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
well this will be an excellent case study opportunity

but seriously? this sucks. I'm so sorry for all those in harms way or with loved ones in harms way

Weaponomega2x

Oct 27, 2017
I can't say I'm surprised by the utter lack of common sense/intelligence. This is gonna get more people killed unnecessarily.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Without checkpoints on the highways, they can't. Checkpoints open up a whole different can of worms

Yea, the logistics sound resource intensive.

I understand that closing the border between states is impossible, but can the flights be restricted?

That's a good question.

Well, the quarantine rules stay in effect for the sane states. It's not ideal but the people being most screwed by idiot red state policies are red states.

You can be sure that awful people will try to reduce testing to make the problem look better. But deaths are deaths and overcrowded hospitals don't just disappear.

True but importing new vectors may delay the when the quarantine is slowly and systematically lifted for the summer.

They can't turn people away at the border but... shit's closed. Not like there are compelling reasons to visit NY right now. Unless they want to come here and cough on some pigeons.

True, however, once the quarantine starts being systematically relaxed, a new wave of potential vectors could start arriving from Georgia and others that might follow suite quite soon.

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
Who haven't the South sided with? Slave owners, Nazis, coronavirus, what's next, demonic invasion, aliens?

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
better to wait a couple weeks if you live out there, might as well let them feel the water and see what happens

Ronin

Oct 25, 2017
As a Georgian currently dealing with the virus and with a cousin who just got home from the hospital, FUCK YOU KEMP.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I live in Tennessee... fuck
I just read that Lee planned on opening everything up and i wanted to fucking scream.

It doesn't surprise me nobody where i live has been taking this serious and there was a ton of people protesting around here the other day. I'm going to lock myself in this house until a vaccine is out.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Does he have any guidance at all?

Mask requirements?
Cleaning improvements?
PPE and Testing improvements?

Just open and pray for the best lol?

May 26, 2018
so at this point everyone has to close borders to the US and all flights from there, right? The US itself must be quarantined or the world will re-initialize the virus's peak.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Georgia is gonna be in the thick of this all summer at this rate. Rip my senior year of college

Dec 31, 2017
Wow this seems premature for the USA. Germany started relaxing restrictions very cautiously in select circumstances (no gyms, strict rules of behavior etc.), and they are on the flip side of their curve. Anyone have data on Georgia and how the virus is progressing there? This just seems really reckless without absolute hard data suggesting the virus is under control there.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
Meanwhile, this is what we're dealing with in my state:

South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster on Monday reversed restrictions on some businesses he ordered roughly two weeks ago allowing some retail shopping to reopen as state public health officials continue to fight the novel virus that has so far claimed more than 100 lives in the state.

Under the governor's new order, department stores can reopen, along with other retail businesses deemed "nonessential" such as sporting goods stores, book, music, shoe and craft stores, jewelry stores, floral shops and other luggage and leather goods stores.

Stores, however, still must abide by previous mandates that limit occupancy to five customers per 1,000 square feet, or 20% of posted occupancy limits.

The governor also loosened restrictions on public access to beaches and waterways, leaving it up to local jurisdictions.

Keep us southern states in your thoughts, Era. We may not exist after June.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
On today's episode of "The Dukes of Hazzard", the Duke boys learn Uncle Jessie has died from Coronavirus, after having come in contact with Daisy after one of her shifts at the Boar's Nest.

Also Boss Hogg is busy hoarding ventilators and Bo and Luke, with the aid of Crazy Cooter, must put a stop to his scheme.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Meanwhile our (R) governor has closed down schools k-12 for the rest of the academic year (OH). Deep red states just don't have any sort of checks and balances outside of federal law and the supreme court.

It's also good that while DeWine is letting the stay at home orders to expire on the 1st of May, that's, relatively speaking, a long time from now, so there's plenty of time for him to rescind that expiration, and even so, he and Dr Acton are stressing to businesses to limit the amount of people, wear masks, etc.

Kemp is just swinging open the doors and saying come on in!

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
FUCK!!! My wife and I family is in GA. I got to tell them to keep their ass in the house regardless how Governor in stupid Kemp says...

This stupid man!!!

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Wow this seems premature for the USA. Germany started relaxing restrictions very cautiously in select circumstances (no gyms, strict rules of behavior etc.), and they are on the flip side of their curve. Anyone have data on Georgia and how the virus is progressing there? This just seems really reckless without absolute hard data suggesting the virus is under control there.
It's the Republicans. They are ignoring data and just following Trump. They don't care.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
What Georgia about to look like in a week:

14402794_G.jpeg

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
I understand that closing the border between states is impossible, but can the flights be restricted?

Anything involving inter-state air travel is federal, and the feds are already on record with Hawaii as not feeling that a pandemic reaches the level that would warrant shutting down airports.

Quarantines, however, are ok since that's done on the state level. Hawaii now forces all incoming travelers into a 14-day quarantine or get turned around and sent back on the next possible flight. Enforcement isn't the best, though, if you make it out of the airport you're pretty much home free to do whatever you want and not actually stay in quarantine.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
"How do I ensure there are fewer people in Atlanta to vote against me...? Hmmm..."

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
There is literally no logic behind this except to be able to go on Fox and say you opened first and hardest so I love Trump the most. Even threw in the clause that cities and counties can't restrict more heavily to own the libs.