• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Almost more excited to watch this than play the game when I get home. These videos are so addicting.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Can't watch the video yet but what do they mention about HDR?
IS DV HDR recommeded or is vanilla hgig HDR as good?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
4K in performance mode is kinda baffling to me with that hit in LoD. I've tried both and I just don't get it, it's a waste of resources. If I played on PC with those SX specs there's no way I'd go with that combination of settings.

Rivanov

Mar 22, 2018
The Netherlands
Tried another race in Qualiry after playing the whole afternoon in Performance. It's terrible. I don't understand anyone can play in Quality 😱

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Why do they make even the menus 30fps in quality mode? They're so sluggish for no reason.

Tried another race in Qualiry after playing the whole afternoon in Performance. It's terrible. I don't understand anyone can play in Quality 😱

Same as every game, it feels extra bad after coming straight from 60. Force yourself to play it at 30 for 15+ minutes and it'll become tolerable again. I'd recommend anyone that has started yet to just go quality mode from the get go and if you're happy with that don't even switch.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
so the question is is it a marginal difference compared to 30 vs 60 fps?

It feels that a couple of games now have closed the visual gap between Q v P modes

Guardians of the Galaxy, for example, looks stunning in Performance mode

I haven't played Guardians from what I've read that's one of the biggest examples where people prefer quality mode because it looks so much better.

Having tried both in FH5 I've gotta say quality mode does look much more consistent and dense but obviously in motion you lose clarity.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
FH5 looks better than most Open World games were you actually run around and interact with the world. Hell, it looks even better than most linear games.

It's insane what Playground did. The FH franchise is something truly special.

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played Guardians from what I've read that's one of the biggest examples where people prefer quality mode because it looks so much better.

Having tried both in FH5 I've gotta say quality mode does look much more consistent and dense but obviously in motion you lose clarity.

For sure. You hit the nail in the head with the "in motion" bit. I guess I'll just toy with both modes like anything else. I just personally dislike flipping between the two in games as I feel that it is jarring to the senses.

Anyway hope you enjoy this entry. I remember your hang-ups with 4 and hope this fares better for you.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
4K in performance mode is kinda baffling to me with that hit in LoD. I've tried both and I just don't get it, it's a waste of resources. If I played on PC with those SX specs there's no way I'd go with that combination of settings.

The LOD fade in in performance mode us very distracting, I still can't give up 60fps though. I hope they give us an option to drop res down to 1440p to fix the aggressive LOD and maintain 60fps.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Haha holy shit, this is gonna be incredible. I haven't been hyped for a game in this way in so long.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
The title is wrong. It should just be 'an Xbox masterpiece', considering is probably the best looking game on Xbox One, One X and also Series S.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Dont notice at all the pop in at 60fps.
I see it when i watch vids. But when you are playing yourself i dont even notice it. Guess the eyes are focused on different positions

Joo

May 25, 2018
so the question is is it a marginal difference compared to 30 vs 60 fps?

It feels that a couple of games now have closed the visual gap between Q v P modes

Guardians of the Galaxy, for example, looks stunning in Performance mode
Guardians of the galaxy also renders the game at 1080p in performance mode. It looks way better in Quality mode. Don't know about how FH5 differs exactly, but "some games closing the visual gap between Q v P modes" just isn't a thing if we're talking about the same hardware.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
My guess is it would look bad next to the One X if there was a mode on the Series X that was below 4k, so they had to hit the same 4k + DRS while maintaining 60 FPS

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
The LOD fade in in performance mode us very distracting, I still can't give up 60fps though. I hope they give us an option to drop res down to 1440p to fix the aggressive LOD and maintain 60fps.

Yeah, that's what stood out most to me in the DF video. And maybe I'm in the minority, but I pop-in really bothers me. Its just so immersion-breaking imo.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
This game is already up there with RDR2 and Arma 3 having the best and most realistic landscapes in a video game. Holy s****.