• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2017
What's the best roll on a PvP grenade launcher? Do I want blast radius or not? Are spike grenades really worth it in PvP, prox grenades, or something else?

I've tried multiple different rolls on different GLs, but nothing seems consistent.

Jotuun is some bullshit in IB.
Jotunn is some bullshit in everything. I know it's a little inconsistent for the person using it, but some of the deaths I've had in Gambit are like...X(

Aim assist with the enhanced perks is just too disgusting on some of the better snipers. You can aim a full head over someone and still hit the headshot. It's pretty regular to get slide heads-hotted around a corner by people with revoker/beloved.

The Meta is basically just slide shotgun aping or quick Snipes with a not forgotten. Which an astronomical amount of people seem to have.
That's not quite how aim assist works. Aim assist is just the 'friction' that makes your reticle sticky. Hit boxes/bullet magnetism on weapons are a different thing. Some weapons have watermelon sized boxes (I believe it's actually a cone), which end up being the ones that people say are consistent or have good hit registration.

Last edited:

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finished all the IB bounties and still somehow only got 2 pieces of armor. I remember armor dropping pretty frequently before in IB.
I really wanted the shader you get for having a complete armor set.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Best hand canon + roll in the game for console outside of NF imo.

Sorry I misread. It has Rapid Hit instead. But yes I want to give it a try, see if it feels better than my Lunas.

74UXo6v.png

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry I misread. It has Rapid Hit instead. But yes I want to give it a try, see if it feels better than my Lunas.

74UXo6v.png

Eff. Explosive rounds are a must. The flinch and partial lack of damage fall off, the 180 archetype, + accurized and range MW with opening shot...shieeet.

Service revolver can't roll explosive rounds unfortunately.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
It's either Luna + Chap or Trust + Chap, but I'm still gonna do some Trust pulls, trying to get at least Dragonfly+Rampage

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
There was a quest? I thought you just had to do all the bounties.

There was a quest with a few steps everyone complained about. Quest is something like: 1. kills, 2. captures, 3. ability kills (of each type), 4. weapon kills (of a variety of types, including swords, scouts, and auto rifles), 5. wins. In the first four steps, you got credit for your team mates' actions, but more for your own.

The raid auto title is ass in PvE but a murderer in pvp

Have been killed by it a few times. Dislike using 360s (and 450s) though.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Are we going to be able to complete the rest of the IB quest (For the 'new' armors) when Iron Banner comes back next month, if you didn't finish it this time?

I noticed it said it had to be done during Season of Opulence, so I'm hoping that means it'll let you continue when IB returns, since it'll still be during Opulence.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Are we going to be able to complete the rest of the IB quest (For the 'new' armors) when Iron Banner comes back next month, if you didn't finish it this time?

I noticed it said it had to be done during Season of Opulence, so I'm hoping that means it'll let you continue when IB returns, since it'll still be during Opulence.
Of course, they are season long bounties.

Don't get swept up in the rush by streamers and no-lifers.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Of course, they are season long bounties.

Don't get swept up in the rush by streamers and no-lifers.

No swepting to be had lol, I don't even watch streamers (and especially not destiny ones). I just wasn't 100% positive and wanted to be sure it was season long.

Thanks for the clarification though!

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
We tried Revoker in the Scourge of the Past raid yesterday. OMG, that huge damage... o.O

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best roll on a PvP grenade launcher? Do I want blast radius or not? Are spike grenades really worth it in PvP, prox grenades, or something else?
registration.
I've tried multiple different rolls on different GLs, but nothing seems consistent.
For Breach loaded?
You need Ambitious Assassin for one, getting a kill with it allows you to load 2 shots which is awesome. The consensus is that you need spike grenade to ensure the damage is lethal on direct hit and a high velocity in order to make it 'consistent' because all nade types have a small amount of Prox Det so you need hit them fast before the prox det take place. Prox Nade is still good but you need to instant swap another weapon for the clean up.

For Drum loaded, all you need is Prox Nade with Blast radius perks/MW because the base damage is already high so a prox det will still kill.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017

For easiest kills with the most consistency you want max blast radius with proximity nades. Aggressive frame launchers have high velocities by default so one of those is the easiest to use but by no means the only option. I use the Swarm of the Raven from the last IB but here's a discussion on the finer points over at Reddit's Crucible Playbook - https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...dden_gem/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Edit - And I'm talking drum loaded heavy weapons here. Breach loads are a little different.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada

Do you want to one-bang people with breach loading launchers? Do you want to use them as openers or closers? For the former, spike grenades are great, the latter, proximities are great.

For drums, see matmanx1 's comment/link. Finished MT off with last season's vendor SotR and it was better than my Play of the Game with proxies.

That's not quite how aim assist works. Aim assist is just the 'friction' that makes your reticle sticky. Hit boxes/bullet magnetism on weapons are a different thing.

They are both part of the aim-assist stat, though. The range stat, weapon type, and range to target also affects this— scout rifles are far less sticky at close range than mid-range so that there's a reason to use hand cannons.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Has rumble always been this ghost town? 3 games in a row and atleast two people were afk. Might need to remember this next time double valor rolls around.

Oct 25, 2017
I will have to continue that quest next month.

Will need Scout, Sniper and Sword kills...

Also that Curated Vouchsafe seems pretty cool 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I actually had fun in Iron Banner. I hadn't touched PvP since the early days of Destiny 2 when it seemed pretty boring. I got 3 Swarms, none with spike grenades though.

Quick question: How do you all handle your vault space. I get a headache trying to make sure I don't shard anything decent. I really wish all rolls we've ever had could somehow be pulled from collections.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Eff. Explosive rounds are a must. The flinch and partial lack of damage fall off, the 180 archetype, + accurized and range MW with opening shot...shieeet.

Service revolver can't roll explosive rounds unfortunately.

I had a trust with hammer forged rifling, extended mag, opening shot, explosive rounds with a stability MW drop a few weeks ago....

It has retired my Luna's so far.

Oct 28, 2017
I will have to continue that quest next month.

Will need Scout, Sniper and Sword kills...

Also that Curated Vouchsafe seems pretty cool 🤷‍♂️

I spent a couple hours yesterday doing sword kills after I got my quest done, just so I could help others along. It was fun trying to bait people into coming round corners so I could chop them. The Citadel map is good for it. Just need to hang around the inside of the building at B. Not B point itself, but the building on the opposite side from the heavy ammo spawn. Plenty CQC action there.

Oct 25, 2017
I spent a couple hours yesterday doing sword kills after I got my quest done, just so I could help others along. It was fun trying to bait people into coming round corners so I could chop them. The Citadel map is good for it. Just need to hang around the inside of the building at B. Not B point itself, but the building on the opposite side from the heavy ammo spawn. Plenty CQC action there.

It seems that once i got to that step most of the sword people left because i still had a 0% :(

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Is Spike Grenade enough to make Swarm competitive?

Competitive in PVP? The spike hardon is for PVE, only because it's a void heavy as well. You can use any 150 GL with Spike, but you won't do as much damage as a Spike when Tractor is applied.

If you didn't get a spike Swarm, just spend tokens at Zavala and get an Outrageous Fortune. Done

Maple-Rebel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 15, 2018
Is Spike Grenade enough to make Swarm competitive?
Yep. If you have Hard Launch, that's a nice bonus because it reduces blast radius. Generally you want that as low as possible to maximize impact damage. I actually had a Swarm from last season that I've been using with Rampage and Threat Detector. Hardly a god roll, but after using it a lot I fee like the perks don't matter much as long as you have Spike Grenades.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
The dbz fusion dance emote is featured on the store right now. What if it's never featured for bright dust? Fuck.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Outlaw and Dragonfly seem so much more useful in pve to me, the quick reload speed is > the damage buff. This is on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.