Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I should go back to maining my lock like I did until Osiris. I would just have to play through Warmind, Osiris and unlock all the forges again....

All that would still be better than admitting that I even max my Hunter each season, nevermind having to admit if it was my main....

Last edited:

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just got a snapshot, rampage, BF with a max range, satou scope and reload masterwork.

God roll or just angelic roll?

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
just lost a game of comp against 4 titans using rally barricade and sweet business

can't even be mad about it, well played

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Just got a snapshot, rampage, BF with a max range, satou scope and reload masterwork.

God roll or just angelic roll?
Angelic unless it has a reload perk for PVE, IMO. And I prefer Rasmussen scope. For PVP I like max stability - Rasmussen, Steady Rounds, Zen Moment, Killclip wtih Stability MW. This roll is an absolute laser.

Edit - Wait, Satou is the long zoom option. I have that one too and it's good for a long zoom scope but for most maps the short zoom is plenty. Rasmussen is the best of the short zoom.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Protip for Werner-99's bounty to get precision kills in the EDZ this week: Volundr and Bergusia forges both count since they are on Earth so you can do your forge bounties and ignitions while completing Werner's bounty at the same time. I wasn't even paying attention to that bounty but was doing a Volundr ignition just now and saw the bounty pop up as completed. Nice!

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
So Forsaken collection is $40 right now on PC. I haven't played D2 in a LONG time, but I've been thinking about diving back in. I'm assuming the PC population is large and pretty welcoming to new players? And is progress still "gated" in that you can only get so much good loot a week? I seem to remember that D2 started with weeklies as the only way to raise your light level to a certain point, and beyond that, you had one shot a week at raids to try and get that next bump. Can you grind strikes for higher level gear now?

Also, where does D2 land on the PC spec side? I see the recs on the site, but I still feel like it's worth asking. I'm running an i7-4770k with a GTX970...I know it's time to upgrade, but I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Oct 27, 2017
So Forsaken collection is $40 right now on PC. I haven't played D2 in a LONG time, but I've been thinking about diving back in. I'm assuming the PC population is large and pretty welcoming to new players? And is progress still "gated" in that you can only get so much good loot a week? I seem to remember that D2 started with weeklies as the only way to raise your light level to a certain point, and beyond that, you had one shot a week at raids to try and get that next bump. Can you grind strikes for higher level gear now?

Also, where does D2 land on the PC spec side? I see the recs on the site, but I still feel like it's worth asking. I'm running an i7-4770k with a GTX970...I know it's time to upgrade, but I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
You can hit 1080p and a pretty solid 60fps on high settings with that set up.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017

There's so much weekly stuff to do now that only the very dedicated can do it all on one character, much less 3. And that's before you add in all of the pinnacle weapons and pursuits that can carry across seasons and will take most weeks if not months to finish. If you do the catch up bounty to hit 690 LL right when you start then you'll be 750 in about 2 or 3 weeks of doing all the powerful gear opportunities.

Spec wise you are golden. I have the same CPU and was running the same GPU until mine died. I moved up to a 2080 and now I'm pretty much locked at 144fps at all times. Maxed out you'll still be averaging over 100fps if you have a monitor that can display it.

Edit - Should have clarified fps is at 1080p which is what my G-Sync monitor runs at.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about Heroic Menagerie is that Titans are useful again. Banner Shield + Ursa is amazing, orbs for days.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
That new Izanagi ornament looks like kind of a downgrade. Got the Revoker one instead even though I don't have it yet.

Thorn BADLY needs a catalyst that makes it not miss 1 out of every 3 shots. It's so brutal. And for a weapon designed around a peeking style, it sucks that it makes you run out into the open for the soul remnant every time. It's an amazing gun to fire, but it feels like a handicap at times.

Thanks, I was just thinking drum loaded, I still can't hit anything with breach load in Crucible. Heck, I can barely hit anything with drum load, if it weren't for this Mountaintop quest I'd never touch these silly things. I've got a bunch that fit the bill, but...enh. I was spraying 3 prox grenades at 2 guys literally right in front of me in IB just now and they ran through it just fine. I'll probably just try & cheese it out with Colony.

So I'd heard from some youtuber (TV? Aztec?) that AA was just stickyness, but I was thinking after I typed that that it didn't make sense because otherwise what would targeting perks on helmets do on PC? That's interesting that range to target affects it, I'd noticed inconsistency but wasn't quite sure what it was related to. I think the range stat is its own thing though, I know it equates to accuracy, but I believe accuracy is a different (hidden) stat? I feel like there's 3-4 things working in concert when the game decides whether a hit registers. I'm not sure if anyone has the actual equation though.

Only if you specifically need it to go after Luna's Howl. Otherwise you're fine, there's better stuff in both PvE & Crucible.
Frankly if I were you I would just normally play the game with heavy GL until Mayhem comes around, sure it sucks to tether a few guys and still get supered but its still the best way if you know a good placement to lay the tether trap, don't blindly shoot a tether into a group. I average 1 to 3% per mayhem match.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
You can hit 1080p and a pretty solid 60fps on high settings with that set up.
There's so much weekly stuff to do now that only the very dedicated can do it all on one character, much less 3. And that's before you add in all of the pinnacle weapons and pursuits that can carry across seasons and will take most weeks if not months to finish. If you do the catch up bounty to hit 690 LL right when you start then you'll be 750 in about 2 or 3 weeks of doing all the powerful gear opportunities.

Spec wise you are golden. I have the same CPU and was running the same GPU until mine died. I moved up to a 2080 and now I'm pretty much locked at 144fps at all times. Maxed out you'll still be averaging over 100fps if you have a monitor that can display it.

Edit - Should have clarified fps is at 1080p which is what my G-Sync monitor runs at.

Sweet, thanks folks.

Guess I'll buy Destiny 2 again! I've been listening to the Bombcast E3 stuff and it got me all sorts of excited. That download is going to FUUUUCK my bandwidth, though.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Really appreciating how easy it is to level up now, was 711 last Wednesday, 743 now on my main without even doing the raid yet

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
good lord how did you do it?
The game is at a place right now where there's a crazy amount of Light-bumping activities if you have the time to grind for them.

- Gambit weekly
- Gambit Prime weekly
- Crucible weekly
- Gambit / Crucuble dailies
- 3 Strikes with weekly subclass element
- Weekly strike
- Nightfall
- Prestige Nightfall
- Flashpoint
- Heroic Adventure
- Weekly Dreaming City
- Oracle Engine
- Shattered Throne
- Black Armory powerful frame
- Black Armory weekly armor
- Reckoning
- Menagerie x3
- Prime engrams
- Clan XP
- Ikora 20 bounties
- Werner bounties
- Gambit weekly bounty
- 3 Raids with multiple loot opportunities
- Last week there was Iron Banner with a ton of powerful drops from bounties

Then consider: if you have the time for it, you can do all of this *on each character*.

But what's most useful in my opinion is being able to pick exactly what slot you want your drop in. So if you have a Class Item which is way below your average Light, you can *chose* to get a powerful Class Item drop in Menagerie. I can't overstate what an enormous boost to leveling time that is.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
Yeah since I've been back I already got my Titan close to 750 (749), and my other characters are close as well. And this is all with match-made activities, haven't done a raid at all since Last Wish.

Man I had some crazy RNG today. Almost got the curated Kindled Orchid today (got Kill Clip/Rampage, but not the actual curated gun), and unintentionally got Jotunn at the end. What's a good kinetic to pair with it? I've been having a blast with it so far in Gambit.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Gawd, I can't stop using my Austringer, its so fucking good and crispy. I finally have a good high range high stability high aim assist handcannon capable at mid range pvp.

McGrudles

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any good recommendations for lore or just general state of the game podcasts? I'm currently watching some of My Name Is Byf's videos and while they're great, his voice puts me to sleep.

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
After what seems like forever, i got a good blast furnace with ramussen sight, drop mag, snapshot, rampage and range mw. Now i don't have a clue what weapon to work on for BA anymore. guess a ringing nail is next

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, their feedback at the summit made the game better than it ever was. Bungie wanted to do only 1 random perk on weapons and all of them told them it wasn't a good idea.
Any rando here on this forum could have given the same feedback - their influence on the game's turn around is a bit overstated, and we're still feeling the residual effects of the grind-fest changes that came from appealing to people whose job it is to play the game all day.
Sweet, thanks folks.

Guess I'll buy Destiny 2 again! I've been listening to the Bombcast E3 stuff and it got me all sorts of excited. That download is going to FUUUUCK my bandwidth, though.
Link to the giantbombcast ep? need something to listen to on my dire commute

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
I got an Opening Shot/Explosive Rounds/RangeMW Trust yesterday and oh boy is it a blast to use. Not sure I can go back to Luna's now. Trust is putting in way more work.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Well, as you can see, the Destiny streamers all agree that PvP players make the best players snd the best PvE players, so......

Yeah that's the same moron who said he doesn't capture points in Control because he's better at killing people than the rest of his team. I like most of the Destiny streamers and Youtubers, but fuck this condescending prick. I was glad when he moved on from D2 to Division 2.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This is love, and baby I'll hurt you.

443ff554-61bb-4f19-bzajdh.jpeg

NiceRiceBowl

Banned
Dec 23, 2018
I came back to Destiny 2 about 3 weeks ago, I was 474 and grinded my way up to 717. I am finding it overwhelming at the moment. There are so many activities, I am totally out of the loop. I managed to do the first raid a long time ago and haven't done any since. I recently picked up the Year One pass and plan to buy the new expansion in September. I just feel like a need some mates that play regularly to show me the way. Most of my friends stopped playing and literally every time I play now i'm on my own.

I want to acquire Outbreak Perfected but again, I need team mates because that mission solo is no joke. Destiny 2 seems to be in a good place at the moment, I just need some friends to enjoy it with. (I'm playing on Xbox if anybody wants to team up)

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Does the Weekly Competitive bonus stack or just a flat 100 or 130 or whatever it was points if you play 3 games every week? Because I'll just do my weeklies in comp if so, I can only manage like 3 games solo before I just get too annoyed with the point system punishing you for doing well but still losing.

Hopefully the Sniper is a sign of how those weapons will be obtained in the future, far more fair, yet still very rewarding to the good players/teams, who'll get them much quicker

Last edited:

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I came back to Destiny 2 about 3 weeks ago, I was 474 and grinded my way up to 717. I am finding it overwhelming at the moment. There are so many activities, I am totally out of the loop. I managed to do the first raid a long time ago and haven't done any since. I recently picked up the Year One pass and plan to buy the new expansion in September. I just feel like a need some mates that play regularly to show me the way. Most of my friends stopped playing and literally every time I play now i'm on my own.

I want to acquire Outbreak Perfected but again, I need team mates because that mission solo is no joke. Destiny 2 seems to be in a good place at the moment, I just need some friends to enjoy it with. (I'm playing on Xbox if anybody wants to team up)
Add me: BlueNinja BE. I'm not on the Destiny-train yet atm, but I'll def. be back by the time Shadowkeep launches.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017

Add me Loggjaw I am not good lol but play a lot

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah that's the same moron who said he doesn't capture points in Control because he's better at killing people than the rest of his team. I like most of the Destiny streamers and Youtubers, but fuck this condescending prick. I was glad when he moved on from D2 to Division 2.
Yeah, I was happy when he fucked off to Anthem.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
after 30 austingers not a single one with outlaw and rampage or demolitionist 😡 Screw it, going to farm trust now.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Does the Weekly Competitive bonus stack or just a flat 100 or 130 or whatever it was points if you play 3 games every week? Because I'll just do my weeklies in comp if so, I can only manage like 3 games solo before I just get too annoyed with the point system punishing you for doing well but still losing.

Hopefully the Sniper is a sign of how those weapons will be obtained in the future, far more fair, yet still very rewarding to the good players/teams, who'll get them much quicker

Just play 3 games of comp a week. You get bonus points on reset. It starts out at 160, but when you reach Heroic I believe it drops to 120. So you only need to reach 1980 before reset to hit 2100

If you can win at least 1 out of 3 you should come out positive every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.