Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Holy shit, subsistence cuts ammo reserves way too much.
Yeah, it does. Run a scavenger perk with it and a finder perk and that should help. I have a Spare Rations with it that is otherwise a great roll (Smallbore, Light Mag, Swashbuckler, Range MW) and I've yet to run out of ammo with it although I have come close a few times.
Edit - Still slays in both PVE and PVP though.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Dragonfly+Dragonfly spec now is a good add clear system actually. Try it.

I've used it. It does make Dragonfly better, but overall is still weak. Adding in a x3 rampage stack makes it better. If you're looking for the better add clearing weapon, Trust is it.

Plus I don't really like Nation of Beasts.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I love my waking vigil with dragonfly over nation of beasts. Do some menagerie runs and farm for one if you like nation of beasts.

Oct 27, 2017
nb73PDC.jpg
May have used my RNG up for awhile got these in the same run tonight =/

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How difficult is the Chasm of Screams mission? It's the last thing I need to do to get Thorn.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like the gap of 10 lights between players in IB is a bit too high. So many fools shrugged off damage from supers and forget grenades doing damage. I like that power matters but in D1 it never felt like impossible. Dunno, maybe just me and I'm getting old.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A small part of me misses Midnight Coup but then I remember I got a godroll Spare Rations and Austringer. :D

Dec 2, 2017
I'm so glad someone here reminded me that Handheld Supernova was a thing. I've barely touched Nova Warp since season 4, for sure I would've tried that Iron Banner step with Storm Grenades + Arc Web instead. It was pretty straightforward, finished all 3 parts of it at the same time.

Izanagi & Borealis are close but Sole Survivor remains the best sniper I've ever used in like, anything. It's just so snappy & agile, I can't believe the flick, drag & quick snipes I pull off with this thing (which is to say, any at all). I've got to get a good Beloved to see if it really works for me as well as people say it does.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Izanagi is def my go to sniper. At 208 kills of 300 needed for the comp sniper rifle and I believe 205 of them are with it. I was experimenting with snipers for like 3 kills before I went screw it Izanagi is my main sniper.

But the most seen sniper is def the beloved, that thing just kills me nonstop, almost makes me want to try to get a pvp roll, but with only 92 kills left, might as well just use Iz all the way through.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the Iron Banner bounties and got the full armor set on my Hunter. Ill work on other classes next time around.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Izanagi is def my go to sniper. At 208 kills of 300 needed for the comp sniper rifle and I believe 205 of them are with it. I was experimenting with snipers for like 3 kills before I went screw it Izanagi is my main sniper.

But the most seen sniper is def the beloved, that thing just kills me nonstop, almost makes me want to try to get a pvp roll, but with only 92 kills left, might as well just use Iz all the way through.

Beloved is a beautiful sniper. Get snapshot sights with moving target and throw targeting adjuster on it and you can easily drag kills. Couple that with an already speedy reload and its one of the best snipers in the game.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aim assist with the enhanced perks is just too disgusting on some of the better snipers. You can aim a full head over someone and still hit the headshot. It's pretty regular to get slide heads-hotted around a corner by people with revoker/beloved.

The Meta is basically just slide shotgun aping or quick Snipes with a not forgotten. Which an astronomical amount of people seem to have.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks guys! Should only take a few weeks at most then. No way I'm getting it from a bounty, prime engram or powerful reward, have not got a single post Forsaken weapon exotic that way.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Has Bungie said anything about the CoS flawless bug? There's still three weeks until the title available but I kinda want to go for the flawless triumph this week.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Does Reckoning have a end? Played it yesterday and people just leave after 1 or 2 waves and then you are pretty much done.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Reckoning T1 is the opening with a boss after you max out the %. T2 and T3 is that, the bridge and the boss.
So, you just leave T1 when you are done? Seems kinda dumb given how overwhelming that is on you even with a full team. I'll try T2 next time then (I like the armour, so will try and get at least 1 full set), it was locked off for me yesterday though, even after doing a couple T1s.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So, you just leave T1 when you are done? Seems kinda dumb given how overwhelming that is on you even with a full team. I'll try T2 next time then (I like the armour, so will try and get at least 1 full set), it was locked off for me yesterday though, even after doing a couple T1s.
For T1 you go in, kill shit and then the boss, leave and collect the loot. Repeat. I agree it's lacklustre past initial spectacle.

T2+3 are far superior and really enjoyable imo. You need to complete the bounty for the synthesized upgrade to do T2.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
For T1 you go in, kill shit and then the boss, leave and collect the loot. Repeat. I agree it's lacklustre past initial spectacle.

T2+3 are far superior and really enjoyable imo. You need to complete the bounty for the synthesized upgrade to do T2.
Ah, got it. Thanks!
Also for the Hush Bow, do you need to use a Bow to get the Medals part or once you've done the kills you can use whatever? I'm like halfway done with the kills after doing the weeklies (Le Monarque is pretty great in Gambit).

HarlanRyudo

Oct 25, 2017
What does subsistence actually do?

When it procs, it reloads/pulls from reserves AND reduces reserves at the same time.
ie You have less overall bullets than if you didnt have persistence.

Its bad on guns where you can either rack up kills quickly (like ARs) or guns with not a lot of reserves in the first place (like HCs)

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
What does subsistence actually do?
You get bullets back on kill but severely cuts into ammo reserves. My Spare Rations with Subsistenence caps out at around 40 rounds total. I've yet to run out of ammo but I have a pair of pants with hand cannon scavenger + traction that I basically use anytime I am running with a HC and I've yet to run out of ammo in any encounter with it.

Edit - If it sounds like I am defending the perk I'm not. It's not a good one. I only put up with it because the rest of the perks on this Spare Rations are so good.

Last edited:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Did some Trust pulls last night, best I got was Outlaw Rampage, but I did get a nice PVP one with high range, opening shot, explosive rounds.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You get bullets back on kill but severely cuts into ammo reserves. My Spare Rations with Subsistenence caps out at around 40 rounds total. I've yet to run out of ammo but I have a pair of pants with hand cannon scavenger + traction that I basically use anytime I am running with a HC and I've yet to run out of ammo in any encounter with it.

Edit - If it sounds like I am defending the perk I'm not. It's not a good one. I only put up with it because the rest of the perks on this Spare Rations are so good.
I have that perk on like 70% of my gambit prime weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.