• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Damn while seeing Biden crater, having Pete so high is just as depressing. I hope Bernard can pull ahead so he can get the momentum and have Pete begin slowing. Also Pete is a dirtbag for boasting so early, man is he a snake.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
When do you think we'll get the full numbers? Well after they actually matter w/r/t any media record or narrative of momentum? And why could that possibly be?

what definitely will kill the nebulous concept of "momentum": the iowa caucus being an even bigger news story than usual whose results get reported closer to the next contest than usual

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Caucuses were very good for Bernie in 2016, he won the official caucus in Washington and lost the primary.

He also won the Colorado caucus.

Then we decided not to do that anymore and went to a presidential primary but apparently caucuses for all the other races and I am confused because this sounds potentially stupid. Washington state PoliEra, was this a problem for you folks?

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so is it just gonna stick at 62% until an unspecified point in the future or are there results going to keep updating?

I feel like I already know the answer lol

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Buttigieg is still the only candidate that I've heard my mother talk about liking. His early push into the daytime TV market was smart; that Ellen bump is real.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
I voted for Pete (in the thread poll), what do I win?
Joining this question

pHfzyR1.png

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Damn while seeing Biden crater, having Pete so high is just as depressing. I hope Bernard can pull ahead so he can get the momentum and have Pete begin slowing. Also Pete is a dirtbag for boasting so early, man is he a snake.

pete did good in iowa because he went all in on iowa, and now after this debacle he's going to be plagued by all the "stuff that looks bad and conspiratorial but doesn't actually hold up under scrutiny" stuff because innuendo sells baby.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
so is it just gonna stick at 62% until an unspecified point in the future or are there results going to keep updating?

I feel like I already know the answer lol
Probably gonna be like one of those downloads that looks stuck at 62% and then just zips to 100% all of a sudden.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
one thing that is clear is that biden should probably go home. we appreciate all the Obama era memes, but this isn't your time, man.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Then why are we even tallying vote totals if it doesn't matter

We didn't used to, but the Sanders campaign demanded it after 2016, because previously they just reported State Delegate votes and it meant the Iowa Caucus winner only had like 3600 votes in their favor added to the raw value. I think Sanders believes doing well in caucuses is why there was a 4 million vote difference between him and Clinton, and that Caucuses should be better about reporting raw vote totals to head off that argument in the future.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
Campaigns don't get to decide whether states hold caucuses or primaries.
Correct but in 2016 Bernie and supporters make a stink about a lot of things but mysteriously didn't mind the bullshit undemocratic caucuses. I find it hilarious that now he might win the popular vote but lose the delegates. Democrats should be unified in moving to a primary system

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR

I expect the final results to be not all that much different than these - Bernie with a small vote win, Pete with a small delegate win.

It doesn't really matter too much since Pete doesn't really have much support in upcoming contests, and neither side is winning by enough to get a huge boost from 'winning'. As long as Pete keeps pulling support away from Biden then I'll be happy.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
pete did good in iowa because he went all in on iowa, and now after this debacle he's going to be plagued by all the "stuff that looks bad and conspiratorial but doesn't actually hold up under scrutiny" stuff because innuendo sells baby.

Also he and Klob are "Midwest values" candidates so that gives them a mega boost in those states.

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pete being the flag bearer for the moderate wing of the party is vastly preferable to Biden. Hopefully Pete's support endures through the next few contests.
wow i guess bernie supporters will finally have some sympathy wrt winning the popular vote but losing in delegates....
Under appreciated post.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I thought y'all a functioning democracy, ya know, the one y'all purport to export when destabilizing and ratfucking other nations with brown people?

What a shitshow. Between this shit and voter sabotaging by the republicans, good luck to y'all.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
We didn't used to, but the Sanders campaign demanded it after 2016, because previously they just reported State Delegate votes and it meant the Iowa Caucus winner only had like 3600 votes in their favor added to the raw value. I think Sanders believes doing well in caucuses is why there was a 4 million vote difference between him and Clinton, and that Caucuses should be better about reporting raw vote totals to head off that argument in the future.

well he's not wrong about that. He won caucuses but they didn't add to his vote counts.

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what definitely will kill the nebulous concept of "momentum": the iowa caucus being an even bigger news story than usual whose results get reported closer to the next contest than usual

Timeliness is an obvious virtue when it comes to news media and this shouldn't have to be further elaborated on. Giving it time for other narratives to be created in this vacuum, and by the time they're comfortable coming out with the real news no one will care. There's only one obvious motivation for why this might be the case.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017

after 2016 I subscribe to the theres no such thing as bad publicity. Pete's name has been all over the news and its been tied to being declared the winner of Iowa, even if he himself made the declaration.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Pete being the flag bearer for the moderate wing of the party is vastly preferable to Biden. Hopefully Pete's support endures through the next few contests.

Under appreciated post.
Doubtful. He needed Iowa to propel him and have a shot in NH. He currently has no chance in NV or SC. Will be able to hang around for a while, but not actually win states.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
I'm curious what would've happened if Bernie, Warren and Amy could've all been campaigning in Iowa the last couple weeks instead of sitting through the trial in DC

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Pete being completely rejected by the Black community makes me wonder the point of the people subtly caping for him, he doesn't have a path

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe a more experienced person didn't break up this abomination and flipped the coin themselves. This is more of a coin turn than a flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.