• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those pictures of Biden are troubling.

I'm going to say Biden by 11 today. I think he's going to do very well, with Bloomberg faltering a bit. Fellow Bernie bros, there's three days to Super Tuesday. Let's not lose our heads once the results are in from SC, yeah?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Those pictures of Biden are troubling.

I'm going to say Biden by 11 today. I think he's going to do very well, with Bloomberg faltering a bit. Fellow Bernie bros, there's three days to Super Tuesday. Let's not lose our heads once the results are in from SC, yeah?
Bloomberg isn't on the ballot in South Carolina.

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
what even is the moderate response to these clips of biden fondling women and little girls? when trump and his fans are spamming them everywhere, are we just supposed to pretend they don't exist or what?

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
what even is the moderate response to these clips of biden fondling women and little girls? when trump and his fans are spamming them everywhere, are we just supposed to pretend they don't exist or what?

They're gonna say that it's just Joe Biden being affectionate, and that where/when he's from, that's appropriate behavior/custom.

And that there's no credible complaints from people alleging he did anything wrong, especially when compared to Trump.

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
"Such decisions add to voter confusion in a state that already has many nuanced voter laws. The sudden changes can be undertaken because changes to the election system no longer have to be pre-approved by the U.S. Department of Justice. In the 1965 Voting Rights Act, Section 5 of the legislation prevented states with histories of voter suppression and intimidation from making any logistical changes with elections before DOJ could review them for possible discrimination or unnecessary impediment."

No voting rights problems in this country, none whatsoever.

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
They're gonna say that it's just Joe Biden being affectionate, and that where/when he's from, that's appropriate behavior/custom.

And that there's no credible complaints from people alleging he did anything wrong, especially when compared to Trump.
well if biden is the nominee then i hope that explanation sticks. i sure as hell won't do anything to defend this shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Those Biden clips are gross but that one with the baby is honestly hilarious, the woman (mother?) was holding him in a way that made it like impossible to be held by anybody else and Biden just went for the easiest place to grab.

The others are gross, creepy, and damning, but that baby one is just awkward and hilarious.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Belangia told the Prospect that the change was made because the 52 original locations were in schools, and they couldn't host voters while the school year was in session.

See. Perfectly normal explanation. No one could have foreseen that school would have been in session on election day.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if it would be possible, just hypothetically, for Bloomberg to get on the ballot as a third party, but only in Florida.
I don't know any of the legal stuff about it. But if Bloomberg's goal is truly to end Trump, it's quite the plan.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Does SC have early voting and did they put out a notice for the closure before hand and the location that it will be moved to?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there's a way to poll who is most affected by this chicanery.

Does SC have early voting and did they put out a notice for the closure before hand and the location that it will be moved to?

According to the article they didn't tell anyone, but they have instructions on their website. So thousands of people will be going to the polls they are supposed to just to be told to go to a different location. How many will vs how many just go home instead?

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there's a way to poll who is most affected by this chicanery.

According to the article they didn't tell anyone, but they have instructions on their website. So thousands of people will be going to the polls they are supposed to just to be told to go to a different location. How many will vs how many just go home instead?

I know little about the set up of how polling locations work. Is it controlled by the party or a state entity?

Also, get freaking early voting. We have early voting in Texas for 2 freaking weeks. Including weekends. And the second week it is 7am til 7pm.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bloomberg isn't on the ballot in South Carolina.

I'm aware of that but I think people who would vote for Bloomberg if he was on the ballot, who want him in the general, and who may have not showed out or might have voted for one of the other moderates are going to go for Biden. Biden's debate performances have been much better than Bloomberg.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Yeah, like Europeans would think Biden's shit is mild. I remember a certain Italian prime minister that had bunga parties and got away with them until they figured out there were underaged girls at them.

I also remember that the French had a huge backlash against #metoo.

God Berlusconi was such a fucking sleazeball

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Is it so much to ask that our basic, fundamental expressions of democracy go unfucked for, like, a fucking month or two?

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And let me guess, this disproportionally affects African American voters? 🙄
In South Carolina that would disproportionally effect Biden, ironically. That being said, from the sound of it's sounding like this is an effect of a stupid as fuck law that says elections can't be held in schools so long as the school year is in session. So you gotta have the election on spring break, summer break or winter vacation? Like wtf South Carolina?

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
how does that even work when every major election that happens is during months where school is in session

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't give these goddamn racists the benefit of the doubt. They put a man on the moon but apparently don't know how to put efficient voting infrastructure in Black communities.

This will affect Biden (abandoned by elites), Bernie, and help the stale First Order Democrats Bloomberg, Pete, and Amy.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't give these goddamn racists the benefit of the doubt. They put a man on the moon but apparently don't know how to put efficient voting infrastructure in Black communities.

This will affect Biden (abandoned by elites), Bernie, and help the stale First Order Democrats Bloomberg, Pete, and Amy.
Bloomer isn't on the ballot in SC. And you'd have to all but cancel the primary to get Pete and Amy viable in SC.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I think Biden by 15 at least, and if it hits that I'm upping my weekly donation to the Sanders campaign. I'm probably going to up it anyway.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would this hurt Bernie more than Biden?
This hurts both and helps Pete and Amy. The elites/media aren't rallying around Joe so he's catching an anti-Bernie stray from the Party.

The Democratic Party engages in voter suppression when it needs lower turnout from the young and minorities. Happens too often for it to be coincidental tbh.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think this has nothing to do with the party actually. Or any decisions made to benefit or hurt any candidate.
What's the cause? Why does this happen in minority areas? Happened here last Governor's race and the '16 Primary. When there's a leftward challenge, the Democratic Party somehow can't figure out voting infrastructure and logistics in Black areas. Party has all that money and intellect but yet....

They still can't explain the purging of hundreds of thousands of voters in Brooklyn back in 2016. Coincidentally our Blackest borough.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
CANNOT BE STATED ENOUGH

1*ZISBJQOaaf7iekta9LKetg.jpeg

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My US friends, I love you, but your country is a fucking joke. This new development is embarrassing.

Hope Bernie makes it anyway, for all our sakes. This will make his victory all the more impressive.

As for SC specifically, I voted Biden in the poll ever since it went up, and I still think he'll win it. My hope is that he has a sub-10 point lead over Bernie. That said, no matter how wide or narrow Biden's lead is, I'm already bracing myself for awful media coverage. "Biden's big comeback is worrying for Sanders", "Finally, the cracks in Sanders's movement are showing" and other shenanigans, completely omitting Biden's dried up campaign budget, his horrible performance in IA and NH, Bernie's wins in the other 3 states, and his crushing 26-point victory in NV. Allow me to let out a preemptive sigh: SIGH

Rodderick

Oct 25, 2017
My US friends, I love you, but your country is a fucking joke. This new development is embarrassing.

Hope Bernie makes it anyway, for all our sakes. This will make his victory all the more impressive.

As for SC specifically, I voted Biden in the poll ever since it went up, and I still think he'll win it. My hope is that he has a sub-10 point lead over Bernie. That said, no matter how wide or narrow Biden's lead is, I'm already bracing myself for awful media coverage. "Biden's big comeback is worrying for Sanders", "Finally, the cracks in Sanders's movement are showing" and other shenanigans, completely omitting Biden's dried up campaign budget, his horrible performance in IA and NH, Bernie's wins in the other 3 states, and his crushing 26-point victory in NV. Allow me to let out a preemptive sigh: SIGH

Well, if we can still say Bernie won Iowa, maybe a "Biden is surging" narrative would be fair game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.