• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Prediction Score for Deathloop?

• 95-100

Votes: 11 1.0%
  • 90-94

Votes: 71 6.4%
  • 85-89

Votes: 415 37.7%
  • 80-84

Votes: 411 37.3%
  • 75-79

Votes: 140 12.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 35 3.2%
  • 65-69

Votes: 18 1.6%

• Total voters

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
From the previews, I expect a 7/10 overall. But that was only based on the first area. The constant barrage of trailers has me worried. Hope it's good though.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Will be surprised if it doesn't hit high 80's. Played a lot of the game today and it's fantastic - will take a steep drop off later on to not deserve those scores. A truly original and gripping action game.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
There is no progression that carries over from one run to the next? I was under the impression that there were. It's not my cup of tea either way.

The concept of "runs" isn't really important in this game.

You have 4 levels, 4 times of day and 8 targets. The content of the levels isn't randomized because the purpose of the game is to find a solution for this big puzzle where you need to kill all targets in a single day but for that you need to make things happen in a certain order (like creating situations where more than 1 target are in the same place at the same time).

I think the idea of it being a roguelite is because when you die or finish the day without killing all targets you start from the morning, but that isn't really important because let's say you died when exploring level X at night, once you restart you have the option to go straight to that level at that time of day to keep exploring.

Regarding progression, I think you use something called residuum to upgrade your stuff, which I assume you can do between the different times of day or after dying.

Oct 25, 2017
High 80's.

The game doesn't look bad, I am just sick of it constantly showing up in press events telling the same thing over and over again with the trailers.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Previews were positively glowing, but I remember reading some concerns about the progression. It sounded as potentially offputting as the system in Returnal (my current GOTY). I think it'll review a little higher than Returnal given how much traditional games media loves Arkane. 85-89 with my guess being 87.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
85-89. Have a feeling the reviewers will be kinder to this game than to Arkane's previous games.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I have a good feeling about this one as far as critical acclaim goes. Feeling bold so I'll say 92

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
8 by the critics, 7 by the public. I feel it wont be received very well, trough its confusing trailers (once you have to explain how the game works trough various trailer at major events, you have done a poor job creating a compelling concept.)

NANA

Oct 26, 2017
Mid to high 70s is my guess. The concept just doesn't seem all that appealing to me.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I think it's cruising towards a solid 83 and I'd be surprised if it could reach much higher given how unique it is within its genres

Ed A

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 11, 2021
Prey got an 82, so I'm guessing it'll be another one of those.

"But this seems really promising!" Well yeah, but Prey was also excellent, and yet...

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
User banned (3 days): platform warring
I would say low to mid 70s if this was on xbox day one. I could see ps5 reviews getting a 10 point bump since there isn't a lot going on this year on the platform.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
If this is not blatant console warring nothing is.

I don't see how that's console warring. Sony's lineup for the remainder of the year in terms of exclusives is weak. When you're looking for something exclusive to play and pickings are slim you're more inclined to be favourable with what's available. You see this type of behaviour around launch games and dry spells during the console life. It applies to all platforms.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of 7's. Not sure exactly where it'll land. I'd guess in the 78-82 area.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how that's console warring. Sony's lineup for the remainder of the year in terms of exclusives is weak. When you're looking for something exclusive to play and pickings are slim you're more inclined to be favourable with what's available. You see this type of behaviour around launch games and dry spells during the console life. It applies to all platforms.

Is that why The Medium scored so high on XSX?

Arithmetician

Oct 9, 2019
People really believe this is going to land in the 70s? You all are crazy. This is easily going to be high 80s, might even crack 90. The game looks so good and polished, and it's a console exclusive to boot. The media are starved for GotY contenders, this fits the profile of a GotY contender, it's all lining up.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
honestly, it's gonna be hitting 90s imo, if at the very least high 80s. An Arkane game where replayability is key in figuring out how to create your own way to beat the game is such a fucking fantastic idea and with their top-tier level design and world building i have nothing but faith

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox first party developers have been killing it lately so I'll guess an 89 OpenCritic, just like Psychonauts 2.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
80-84. Arkane make really fun games, but I fear the time loop novelty will wear off towards the end.