• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really excited for the Trickster buffs to come out, I've always wanted to give him a fair shake. Also excited for hook counter for killers, don't know why it took them so long to implement it.

yeah that´s not coming. Killers will need to still keep a mental count. It´s off to discourage tunneling.

But sure, Implement this useless feature while the game still doesn't even have a brightness setting, lol.

A brightness setting would be annoying, you´d be at a disadvantage if you play on any other than max brightness setting and that´s just lame. Some streamers already play with PC max gamma settings and low graphics just to be able to see better. Takes a lot away from the atmosphere.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Man I've been playing a fairly chill killer after getting my survivor crowns to give people a chance to get theirs but people still wanna play super sweaty.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I've had it up to here with all these dcing survivors. I lose out on BP from these matches and I don't get pop or BBQ to activate.

Apparently Wraith is too much for survivors now 🙄

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Whoops, did not realize you can only buy a perk once from the Shrine of Secrets. Was planning on mass purchasing a bunch for BP on the last day.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
The only thing Wraith needs now is a rebalance of his add ons as his base kit is now finally acceptable. Some of his add ons are really unnecessary now with his base kit buff.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
Think I'm just going to stick to watching people play this instead of actually playing it now. I have no idea why everything has gone to trash during this event but I can't escape the tilt. Tunnelling/Camping in every survivor game, speedrun survivors in killer matches. Can't win on either side so I think it's time for a break.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
wow....

Basement camping bubba.

Im the first one he downs, takes me to basement, he proceeds to camp for the entire rest of the game (with insidious) whilst my team do the gens and then end up escaping.

I send him a message "really?" and he responds "Gg man wp"

REALLY???!?!?

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Finally got bbq & chili level 3 on Nemesis. It was my 61st level 3 perk. Talk about shitty luck!

wow....

Basement camping bubba.

Im the first one he downs, takes me to basement, he proceeds to camp for the entire rest of the game (with insidious) whilst my team do the gens and then end up escaping.

REALLY???!?!?

As is tradition. This is a sacred and ancient bubba strategy. It checks out.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
wow....

Basement camping bubba.

REALLY???!?!?
Sounds like Bubba. Now imagine punishing that playstyle one day and getting everyone out. It'll feel great. We punished a camper with NOED last night, and it was awesome. You'll get 'em.

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Got the merciless achievement for Freddy without even trying. Dream pallets are fuuuuuunnn wow

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing this the other day and I've been having a lot of fun (aside from a few toxic players)! I was wondering though, seems like lots of people online get angry about "face camping", but is it considered bad form to generally keep an eye on people you hooked as the killer and staying within a general range to potentially catch people trying to save them? Is it only bad if I literally stand in front of someone I hooked and don't move?

I've watched some begininers guides, but if anyone has some basic tips that aren't super obvious or what I should start by working towards, I'd love to hear them!

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Just started playing this the other day and I've been having a lot of fun (aside from a few toxic players)! I was wondering though, seems like lots of people online get angry about "face camping", but is it considered bad form to generally keep an eye on people you hooked as the killer and staying within a general range to potentially catch people trying to save them? Is it only bad if I literally stand in front of someone I hooked and don't move?

I've watched some begininers guides, but if anyone has some basic tips that aren't super obvious or what I should start by working towards, I'd love to hear them!
You are expected to move on after you hook. Because you need to keep up gen pressure and map control. If you are hanging around the hook there is no reason for survivors to get off gens.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It is somewhat viable to keep watch nearby, but the further up the ranking ladder you climb the less effective it becomes. Sticking around one part of the map means you're giving up pressure elsewhere, so you leave probably half the team able to keep progressing gens uninterrupted somewhere else while the remaining person tries to go for the save at the hook. By leaving and heading elsewhere, you have a chance to interrupt someone else at a gen and whoever was going for the save in the first place still has to anyway, so that leaves possibly the last survivor as the only one progressing a gen instead of possibly multiple gens getting worked on uncontested.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Facecamping is a pretty boring way to play for killers, I'd argue (and frustrating for a lot of survivors unless they're quite skilled at dealing with the situation). I've never wanted to do it unless it's the end of a match. It's also typically not the most viable strategy for killing everyone since you're giving others time to do whatever while you just watch one. There are times where a whole team fucks up and facecamping gets you four kills, but I wouldn't count on it. Checking back on the hooked survivor is totally logical, but I have more fun looking around and pressuring people from a distance.

I was killing and surviving last night, and one of my last matches surviving with friends had me getting facecamped at the end. I didn't blame the person for doing it given the circumstances. My friends snuck up behind the killer, grabbed me, took a hit, and then the healthy survivors blocked for us until we got through the gate. It was actually really fun and tense, but the killer was left with killing none of us because of it.

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the advice everyone! I think partially I was up against some weaker players because I'd have situations where I saw 2-3 players heading to a hooked survivor so it just felt weird to be expected to just walk away from that so I didn't feel like I was "camping", but I understand now that isn't the normal in higher level play.

What is the general strategy as a survivor at the end of the match if there are some other survivors crawling or hooked but I'm at the exit? Like does the bloodpoint (or whatever score) make it the most logical to go and risk myself to save everyone I can? Or is it more just about being a good teammate and trying not to leave anyone behind?

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Thanks for the advice everyone! I think partially I was up against some weaker players because I'd have situations where I saw 2-3 players heading to a hooked survivor so it just felt weird to be expected to just walk away from that so I didn't feel like I was "camping", but I understand now that isn't the normal in higher level play.

What is the general strategy as a survivor at the end of the match if there are some other survivors crawling or hooked but I'm at the exit? Like does the bloodpoint (or whatever score) make it the most logical to go and risk myself to save everyone I can? Or is it more just about being a good teammate and trying not to leave anyone behind?
You would get more points for the hook save or taking protection hits, but it's more about being a good teammate. I'll pretty much always go for a save in that situation unless they have No One Escapes Death and are face camping and I'm the only survivor left or everyone is down. Better than one survives than none, but it depends on the circumstances. Power exits to 99% so the end game collapse doesn't initiate and you have time. I only open exit if the other exit is open or people are ready to leave.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of tunneling today is ridiculous. Even had one match where a Myers just downed everyone, then hooked everyone one at a time, and there was nothing any of us could do. 😂

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah it's always up to the situation of course :) so called proxy camping is sometimes viable if you notice the team being too altruistic.

The final rescues after doors is entirely up to you :D i always go for a rescue attempt as it's just more fun and honorable. Unless the killer runs No One Escapes Death or other instakill perk is active, then i just bail :D

Aia

Oct 28, 2017
I just faced Myers and he had Evil within 3 the whole time.. What? How do you deal with that?

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017

As someone new as well, I try to save unless the teammate was being an idiot or its the killer is just camping. i.e. 1v2 and he hooked the last one and just sitting there.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, also the last daily perk shrine of secrets is up now. Will return to normal weekly programme, even if the event itself continues :(

Edit: im reading old tweets. Weekly shrine is already taken over with classic useless perks This week's shrine is: Ace in the Hole, Breakout, Lightborn, and Overcharge.

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday I had multiple games where survivors would come up to me as if they wanted me to hit them? Not sure what's up with that. I've only been playing for a few weeks. Are they just trying to grind points somehow?

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Yesterday I had multiple games where survivors would come up to me as if they wanted me to hit them? Not sure what's up with that. I've only been playing for a few weeks. Are they just trying to grind points somehow?
Pretty sure they're just fucking around or they were trying to throw the match. I've been playing for a couple years, and I still don't understand that or the people who play Wraith and sit in a corner invisible the whole match. Could be both are trying to rank down.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
These fucking killers are making me lose cakes!

2 games in a row as soon as the first gen is done, they DC.

Please bring back DC penalty Ffs
I'm having the opposite problem just trying to level and bloodweb Nemesis. So many survivors are DCing.

Match on the Farmhouse, hooked someone outside the Farmhouse, then found someone inside upstairs by the generator, did a little dance around the window vault, faked her out and got one hit, then she ran downstairs leaving scratch marks to the room with the lockers, and I picked the right locker and she DC'd before the grab animation was over, and then right after that the person on the hook outside DC'd. I'd only gotten three hooks that game so far.

Then in Hawkins someone used DS on me when I picked them up only to run around the corner and get downed by a zombie, which meant an instant DC.

Glenvale saw a chain reaction of DC's where I was able to get two people hooked in the shack basement, and as soon as I hooked the second person the first DC'd, then the second DC'd, then the last two people just hid waiting on the other to die so the hatch would open and someone got downed by a wandering zombie while hiding in the bushes and they DC'd, I closed the hatch and then that caused the last player to DC.